Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"I Have to Leave."

I stared warily at the cute blond girl who sat on Fang's lap looking innocent which is what made me uneasy. I crossed my legs over each other where I sat on the floor in front of Fang and Angel and I awkwardly fiddled with my fingers.

Angel kept talking to Fang about where she had been since the flock split and he gave her his undivided attention which honestly made me a little jealous. I was so used to his attention that now having to share it made me a little upset.

My face warmed when Angel met my gaze. She had to have heard what I was thinking because she suddenly crawled out of Fang's lap and came to sit right in front of me.

"How did you get Fang to stay so long?" she asked me, her large eyes peering into the depths of my soul.

I glanced at Fang he stared at us amused and my face darkened in color. "I-I don't know. I'm not making him stay," I replied.

She turned to Fang, "Then you have to help Max!"

"What happened to Max?"

Angel immediately went back to Fang and started talking to him about this Max he had mentioned to me a few times.

I felt really awkward, so I decided to call my mom and let her know we had another guest who was a friend of Fang's.

My mom of course didn't mind and she actually seemed really excited to meet Fang's friend. When I hung up, I leaned against the kitchen counter and and listened to Angel talk to Fang.

There was silence for a few moments and then Fang walked into the kitchen with Angel behind him.

The look on his face told me he was going to tell me something I really didn't want to hear, but I smiled at him anyway and waited for him to speak.

"I'm going to have to leave. Max is in trouble and I can't just stay here knowing she's not safe," Fang explained.

My smile stayed on my face, but it turned sad, "I understand. She's your family and family is supposed to stick together."

Fang kept his gaze on me as we stared at each other in silence, Angel watching us silently communicate.

"Will you both stay one more night, so you're rested before you go save her?" I finally asked quietly.

Like he always did when he was making me feel better, he placed his hand on the top of my head and gave me a small, but warm smile.

"We will. Don't worry," he said.

I blushed softly as he ruffled my brown hair a little.

At that moment I wished he could stay forever because I didn't want to lose those moments with him that always made my stomach flip. I knew that if he left, I would probably never see him again.

Angel looked at me with a cute smile before grabbing Fang's attention and whispering in his ear. Fang's face remained stoic, but his eyes showed surprise.

Angel grinned at Fang before she came over to me and hugged me around my waist. Fang momentarily stayed where he was until he straightened up and casually leaned against the wall watching us.

"I really like you," Angel said to me with a smile.

I smiled back with the moment between Fang and Angel still floating around my head, "I like you, too, Angel."

She hugged me tighter and I looked up at Fang who had a small smile on his face, but a distracted look in his eyes.

He left the room and I looked down at Angel who gave me an innocent smile, but her eyes showed mischief. I looked after Fang feeling that something between us changed, but I couldn't tell if it was bad or good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another short one, but don't worry, I'm gonna get another chapter in like right now before I have to go to work. It's basically a continuation of this chapter, but I needed more chapters so I'll post another soon! :) Comment please and thank you for reading!