I Wouldn't Mind

It’s funny how in a moment a life can change. How one act from another person can change someone else life…. Or end a life…

I remember when my father left us, He didn’t turn to send me a wave, Minutes before he left I heard them screaming. He screamed to my mother that he didn’t want us. Everything he said hit my heart, Every thing sent a crack through it. I remember I kept screaming out for him hitting the windows. He never turned back. I remember falling down the window watching as he drove away from my mother and I.

For months I remember feeling hollow, Nothing inside of me. I remember the day my mother told me that she wanted me to start Ballet and singing lessons. She told me both would help me get out my emotion. My anger, my rage, my sorrow. I remember it helping me.

I remember the last time I saw her, She waved to me as I looked out the very same window I had watched my father leave through. I waved back to her and smiled. She smiled before hoping into her car before driving of down the road. I remember making myself busy and collecting my ballet gear and some clothes to wear to my singing lesson. With a look around I remember grabbing my keys and leaving the house… I walked down the street with my iPod in my ears. I remember hearing the sirens before I saw them then I saw the car, My mothers car.

I recall dropping my bags and running towards the car. The police man grabbed me holding me back calmly asking me who I was. I didn’t answer him as I saw her body being pulled out of the car. I yelled out for her praying for her to wake up. The policeman held on tighter to me as he pulled me away from her.

It’s funny how in a moment a life can change. How one act from another person can change someone else life…. Or end a life…