Be My Joker and I'll Be Your Harley Quinn

1/1

Sitting on the large speakers, Lindsey Way had one leg crossed over the other and she was resting her chin in the palm of her hand. She had one eyebrow raised and her eyes were following the many ways of people scrambling to set up the stage on last minute directions. She let out a laugh when she saw her husband, Gerard, walk to the middle of the stage of strike a pose. “I can always count on you to be the most flamboyant of all,” she said.

Gerard smirked and walked toward her. He hopped up on the large amplifiers and sat next to his wife. He wrapped one arm around her waist and smiled. “You’ve got that right.”

Lindsey looked around the large auditorium that was completely empty at the moment, but within hours, it would be absolutely full with screaming fans. “So this is the last concert of the leg, right?”

Gerard nodded his head. “Yep. It was a surprise actually. I thought our last show was last week in New York City, but the guys and I decided to do one last show here in Manhattan. It was a spontaneous decision, but it felt good.”

“It always feels good to be on stage. It’s where I feel the most alive,” Lindsey said. Her large brown eyes were shining and they held a sparkle. She moved her hand and put it on Gerard’s thigh and gave it a tight squeeze. “How ‘bout you baby? How do you feel on stage?”

Gerard let out a low chuckle and the creases around his eyes exposed themselves. He rubbed his eyes and thought about his answer. “Well, I feel great on stage. I feel like I can be my true self without being judged or criticized.”

“It’s pretty kick-ass,” Lindsey said with a grin.

“It’s just so wonderful to know that people can relate to my words and the music around me. It’s so crazy to think that people can take in and absorb your words and believe in them. It makes me feel like Gandhi or some awesome super hero.”

“Like the Joker?”

Gerard shot her a confused glance. “Lindsey, baby, the Joker was a villain.”

“I know,” she replied, simply shrugging her shoulders. “But the Joker and Harley Quinn were in love. We could be the modern version of them, but with a twist. We’re the good guys.”

“That doesn’t really make much sense to be honest,” Gerard said with a slight frown.

“Love doesn’t really make sense.”

Gerard didn’t really know how to respond, so he decided to say something that made sense to him. “I love you Lindsey.”

“Oh, I love you too Gerard.”