Love Like This

You're the Last Thing I Want To See at 3:17 In The Morning

The best thing about coming home from work was that Patrick would almost always have picked up food and be waiting for me at home. He had asked me to move in with him, and I had considered it, but I didn’t have an answer yet.

This particular day was different, though, I decided as I walked into the candle-lit apartment. “Patrick,” I called softly, looking around. I dropped my bag and walked towards the kitchen, turning when I heard him in the bedroom. I was going to go investigate further when he came out.

“You’re home early,” he said, crossing the room and kissing me lightly, wrapping his arms around me in a warm hug.


“Claudia, wake up, we have to go,” Patrick insisted, kissing my forehead. I groaned when I looked at the clock and realized I’d only been asleep for a little over an hour.

“What the fuck is so important, Trick? You are NOT getting sex between the hours of midnight and six in the morning.” It was currently 3:17 and I didn’t sleep much, so interrupting the sleep I got for something minor would result in death threats.

He grabbed my bag (that I didn’t remember being there, but I guess if it was so important he had packed it) from the bed. “We have to go. She’s in the hospital.” My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed, shoving my feet in the first pair of flip-flops I saw. I followed him (still in my Hello Kitty pajamas, I might add) through the apartment and down the hall to the elevator.

“Who’s in the hospital?” I finally asked, dreading the answer. It wasn’t like he was going to say Hey, April Fools! It was only February for fuck’s sake, and we’d only just gotten past Valentine’s Day.

He looked down before he looked directly at me. “Lizz,” he said, his voice higher than usual. Everything felt like it was moving too fast; I didn’t remember getting in his car. I didn’t remember anything, and I definitely couldn’t sleep again. This would undoubtedly be the worst drive of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Umm, so yeah. Here's an update. I have another one that may or may not be up later today, but it's almost six in the morning and I haven't slept, so Imma shut up and let you read.
Oh! And a new layout! Like it?

Comment, please.
XOX
Lizz the Sleepy