Status: Done

Locks and Curls

Fireflies

I was sitting at my desk. I was exhausted, my thoughts haunting me even in my sleep. My dreams were filled with the solemn face of Eric when we saw each other last. He didn’t understand, no one seemed to understand. It really wasn’t as simple as it seemed.
I had never, ever had a boyfriend, or gone on a date. I hadn’t even had a crush since 3rd grade! I had never paid any attention to boys; to me they were like uncharted territory! They were something that books could not say facts on, give genuine advice for...
I ran my fingers through my hair, it felt good, refreshing. Tammy was dumbfounded by my actions, but I honestly had no idea about guys! I didn’t know how to intentionally flirt or... or... I sighed. Why couldn’t we just be friends? Why could he not understand? I could never be what he wanted, I would be a horrible girlfriend! He was too good for me, he had experiance, I would be 1+ 1 to a high schooler to him, easy, too easy... I could never be what he wanted!
I buried my face in my hands, trying to forget... I sighed, Tammy was in bed, and it was dark out. I should be in bed too, but I couldn’t sleep. I shook my head and decided something that changed my fate forever. I changed into a dress and shawl, tucked my curl behind my ear and left for the garden.

~}i{~

I moaned, lying in bed. Duncan was snoring, but I couldn’t sleep. I dreamed of horrible things, Heather’s face when I broke up with her, Carrie’s slap when I tried to explain, her red face crying when I read her that poem... It was horrible.
I got up, I knew I needed something to do, somewhere to go, but it was late, past curfew that’s for sure.
I got up, my hair a mess and my eyes half closed. I shook it and it fell back in place. I had to get out, I had to leave. I quickly and quietly dressed and left for the one place I could be, the garden.

~}i{~

The garden was, astonishingly, much more beautiful in night than day. Little fireflies danced around the flowers, lighting the pathway to the bittersweet, stone bench. I sat down, closing my eyes and just listening to the sound of crickets chirping. I crossed my arms around my torso, holding myself. It was an invigorating sound.

~}i{~

The garden was wondrous, little lights flying around me. I felt like nothing at all had happened. I decided to go to the place where everything seemed right, yet everything seemed wrong. I sat down, not noticing anything around me.

~}i{~

Two people, one a girl with long, wavy hair, the other a boy with thick, tan hair, were sitting there, both unaware of each other. They had a short, but complicated past that had entwined their fate, bringing them here.
Both had come here many times, to refresh, and some could say that the garden had been enchanted, but it is not, it is the magic of love and affairs of the heart that brought them here, and no spell could ever change what was about to happen.
They turned to each other, neither looked surprised, or scared, or angry. Their eyes bore into each other, and they moved closer to each other.

~}i{~

I smiled, I was happy to see him. I wanted to wrap my arms around him, to cuddle under his chin, to say I’m sorry. But I did nothing, all I said was, “I didn’t expect to see you here at this time.”
He said in reply, “I will always be here for you, Carrie.”
“Even after what I did...” I asked.
“Carrie, as I said before, you are an intelligent person, you know how I feel. Yes, you hurt me, but seeing you smile mended me more than any other smile in the entire world could.” His eyes looked at me like I was a princess. The fireflies still flew around us, it felt enchanting.
“I’m sorry. I... I” I stammered, my hand flying to my chest. Just then my lock fell, hiding a strip of my face. My hand reached to tuck it back in but his had stopped me.
“No, let me.” And his hand tucked it in, making my ear tingle. Then together we moved closer and our lips met.
This was the story of my first kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh, K, so...
this is the last chapter of THIS story. The squeal is coming soon.