Status: Done

Locks and Curls

The Necklace

It was August 20th, three days following my encounter with Eric at the coffee shop. Before he called and called our room phone until Tam freaked on him and our phone hasn’t ringed since.
I was laid on my back on my bed, feeling nauseous. I refused to go back to the garden in case he was there, and it was the only thing that seemed to calm me! Stupid boys...
Roxy was having a field day, her room is right beside ours and she seems to hear all of Tam and me’s conversations about him. Every chance she got she teased me, but I didn’t care.
I was thinking at that moment about my classes, what classes should I take, what classes will he take? The deadline for our class decisions was tomorrow, so I had to decide now.
I heaved myself off the bed and onto my desk, pushing the laptop away I opened a folder and pulled out my sheet. I had 5 elective courses from a choice of over 15. I was amazed at the schedule for this school. Classes were from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm every day, excluding time for lunch, half an hour.
“Tam, what do you think, Spanish or Latin?” I asked her from my desk, she was at her bed, typing on her laptop.
“I’m taking both; I want to be a linguist. I am also taking French.” She said, not looking at me.
I decided on Latin. “Hm...Poetry or Music Writing?” I asked.
“Oh! Poetry! I love poetry, it’s so romantic!” she said.

~}i{~

I finally picked my elective courses and signed the sheet, then left to deliver it to the service center. Today I wore a white blouse and blue jeans. After I dropped off the sheet I decided to take a walk in the garden.
I didn’t mean to but I stopped at the same bench, not that I was dawdling, but I saw a small box wrapped in gold paper with a silver ribbon and bow on it. I picked it up and saw it was addressed to me. I slowly opened it to show a black velvet box, a jewellery case? I opened it to reveal a chain necklace with a multicoloured glass, flower pendant.
Suddenly I felt to hands beside me pick it up and while putting it around my neck say, “I’m sorry, please forgive me.” I turned around to see none other than Eric, his face was pleading and his eyes had dark shadows under them. I couldn’t help but wrap my arms around his neck and hug him.

~}i{~

We walked around, talking for a while. We were very much in common.
“So where did you come from before here?” he asked.
“I came from Ontario, Canada. I was born and bred there, but I moved through the cities and towns all the time. What about you, where did you come from?”
“I came from Scotland, but before that I lived in London, England.” He said, “But my family is American so I don’t have much of any accent.”
“Really, wow. So you must be used to the countryside by now.” I commented.
“No, it always amazes me how perfect it always is.” He said, his eyes glowing in memories. “So what classes are you taking?” he asked.
“Electively, Poetry, Latin, Music Theory, Fiction writing and Photography.” She listed.
“I’m taking Poetry, Music writing, Latin, Drama Theory and Art.” He said. “I hope we have lots of classes together!” he declared.
“I hope we can have classes together too.” I said, looking up at him. He was so sweet and kind. Perhaps we could be friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT!!!