Status: <3 Merry Christmas

Killing Loneliness With You

1/1

Image

Fliss crept slowly up the stairs towards the slytherin common room, there was still someone down there, they couldn’t be asleep because the elves hadn’t tidied yet. Mentally she ran through the list of the few people in her house had stayed at school. There weren’t many. Slytherin was full of people in big families that spent the holidays together.

She belonged to one of the few families that didn’t follow this trend, her mother had run away a few years ago and she stayed at Hogwarts to avoid the family time that this had caused. A muggle. She had run away with a muggle. It hurt to think about it, how her mother had left her with no one. She wished she could speak to her father, but where had he gone?

“Riddle?” she asked, her voice pulling her away from her thoughts, kneeling down by the fire, it had nearly gone out now and was giving off a minimal amount of light. He looked up at her startled; he thought everyone was asleep by now. He didn’t even know this girls name, but he knew why she was here, it reminded him of what his mother had done and he felt almost connected to the girl. But that emotion had gone as quickly as it had come on. He merely nodded at her but she wasn’t looking at him, why wasn’t she looking at him?

He watched her as she watched the fire; she seemed completely unaware of him and it flickered a feeling of loneliness inside of him. Her hair was practically glistening, looking more golden than brown, her glasses caught the light at exactly the right angle to make them shimmer.

“Who are you?” he asked, trying to make his voice as smooth as he could, she turned away from the fire and looked at him, he was sat there calmly, not a single dark hair out of place. His skin was pale and looked as though it was reflecting the fire.

“Fliss Gates.” She said, starring straight into his eyes, it made him feel slightly awkward but he couldn’t bring himself to look away.

“You’re not in my year are?” he asked, he was still in complete control of his voice and in his mind he it was this that was gaining all of her attention, although it was having no affect on her. She shook her head and looked away from him once more, leaning closer to the fire. Why had she left her bed? It was cold down here, colder than it was upstairs.

He continued to watch her as she pulled her wand out of the waistband of her shorts and pointed it at the fire, carefully muttering spells to make the fire grow, it burst into the air and she fell back, covering her mouth quickly with her hand. Before he knew what he was doing he leant behind her, his arms steadying her before she could hit the floor, he stared down at her face and realized she was laughing. The more she laughed the more confused he got.

“I’m sorry.” She giggled, slowly moving herself away from him, she didn’t realize that she was practically sitting in his lap until she tried to move away, she felt embarrassed until his hands fell onto her waist, she was surprised at just how strong he was.

“It’s ok.” He whispered; one of his hands was suddenly at the side of her face, carefully pushing her hair out of her glasses. She smiled at him shyly and he smirked at her, leaning in to kiss her, she froze unsure of how she should react, she had never kissed a boy before but she kissed back before coming to her senses and pulling away.

“I, I cant, you’re not, you’re a half blood.” She whispered, her lips still only millimeters from his. His eyes locked into hers as though she was trying to hypnotize her, her mind filling with snakes; there was a connection between the two. Snakes and Him. Slytherin.

“And you’re mother ran away with a muggle.” He hissed, she giggled again, pulling herself closer to him, she was straddling him now. She pushed her lips into his and he grinned at her.

“I guess that makes us even then.” She whispered, grinning back at him. He laughed as he kissed her again, standing up and pulling her legs around him, making her squeak and carried her down the stairs to his room.

“Tonight.” He thought. “Just for tonight I am allowed to fall in love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 765