‹ Prequel: I Can't Help Who I Am

Together

Thaxter

I looked next to me where Sammy lay. I leaned over and kissed his human ear, before whispering for him to wake up.

Sammy didn't though, and instead, he was awakened when Riley came through the door screaming.

"It won't go away! It won't go away!" He screamed and spun in circles, swatting at something behind him that he kept going in circles to hit.

I tilted my head sideways before my eyes widened, they were baby angel wings, very small on his back with black feathers mixed into the white feathers.

Suddenly, a flashed through my mind:

Before I could even begin to think with my pain-deadened mind, I saw a blinding flash of light, and I could almost feel the wound on my head healing, and I could almost see the angel's wings. Actually, I could, they were black and white, just like his hair.

But then it was gone, the light, the angel's wings, everything. The boy crumpled to the ground, and though I had no idea what was going on, my legs had decided that they had enough, and after swaying only once, I fell unconscious beside the angel, wishing I had just died rather than being tormented with the site of this beautiful creature only minutes before death took me.

Closing my eyes, I prayed for my family and prepared for my eternal sleep.


I gasped as I realized that I had seen those wings before in their full form; it was the first time I met Riley, and after I had lost my brother, Leyton. I had completely forgotten that until now.

"Riley, they're wings." Sammy laughed out, and Riley gasped, his eyes widening.

"Where did the mirror go?" He asked, "I want to see them, and I can't like this." He murmured, and tried looking behind him, huffing when he realized he couldn't.

"Riley, I've seen your wings before." I whispered, and he raised an eyebrow.

"But this is the first time I saw them..." he said, and I could tell he was very confused.

"No, it was when we first met....your wings just appeared, and....I think you....healed me?" I asked, my memory still a little fuzzy.

Riley's eyes widened, and he froze as he thought about the possibilities.

I gulped a little, "I think it's time to find out exactly what it says in that book, just to be safe." I said, and my mate nodded. I looked to Sammy, and he leaned against me.

"I guess we'd better get dressed." He whispered.

Only a few minutes later, we find ourselves dressed and ready to go, and while I got dressed, Sammy helped Riley find a mirror, and when they did, Riley's eyes widened.

"They really are wings." He said in a soft voice, and reahced a hand over his shoulder to touch the feathers delicately.

"Sammy." I said, and the boy looked to me, as I passed him a pair of boxers, jeans and a t-shirt.

Riley blushed in realization that we hadn't been wearing any clothes, and took the mirror from Sammy and went to put it in our bathroom so he knew where it was.

Sammy slipped on the clothing then nodded at me, ready to go.

We went to where Sammy and Riley's fathers were and saw them lounging around on one another on the couch there, and they they looked up as we walked in.

"Hi kiddies." Pagai said with a soft smile, and waved, as he was half under Haven and half being held by Zikar and couldn't really move to hug us.

"What brings you here?" Zikar asked, and I looked to Sammy and Riley, then back to their father.

"We want to see the book." I said, and Zikar raised an eyebrow, but before he could say anything, Riley turned around and showed them his growing wings.

Then, Zikar fell silent and Pagai squealed.

"Both of my babies are growing up!" He yelled and pushed Haven off of him. The shifter grumbled and remained on the floor as Pagai kissed both Sammy and Riley on the cheek.

Zikar leaned over and held out his hand to Haven who took it and sat beside him, kissing Zikar's neck gently.

"Well....about the book....." Haven said quietly, and put his head down. "I-was-playing-with-fire-and-it-got-burnt-up." He breathed out, and frowned.

"That book also had this section about fire and how to control it, and he was messing with it and it all went up in smoke." Zikar explained.

"We're sorry!" Pagai said and hugged me, surprising me a little. I hugged him back, and then he was gone, dancing around the room. "It's alright, though, we'll find a way to work around the book. I'm sure there's got to be another one somewhere." He said.

I looked to my left and saw Riley smiling bravely, "I'll guess we'll just have to find that other one.'" He said, and I nodded, leaning over and kissing him.

"For you two, I'll do whatever I have to." I told them.
♠ ♠ ♠
i fell like i neglect this story:(

so comment so I don't neglect it as much. :D

lovers you who subscrubed:D

BTW: that italicized text happened in I Can't Help Who I Am in like....a very early chapter. so if you look back at tha, you'll see very, VERY early foreshadowing:P hahah i know i fail:D