‹ Prequel: I Can't Help Who I Am

Together

Riley

"The Demon Kingdom?" I whined out.

Thaxter nodded, he'd just gotten done talking with his brother and he'd tracked a copy of the book there. Other than that, Drayven said he didn't think anything else gave an in detail description of what we were looking for.

It wouldn't be a problem in the war, blood and guts category, but as far as the trouble was concerned? It would be a world of trouble to find it.

You see, the previous rulers had let everything 'go to Hell' as it were, and didn't keep many books in good condition unless they concerned the slaves they kept, and their great library was practically ruined.

I frowned. “It’s gonna be hard to find it sweetheart, but we will.” Thaxter said, kissing my forehead before moving to kiss Sammy’s muzzle.

Though Sammy would never say anything, we both could feel his anxiety. We knew that he worried for the both of us. We didn’t know yet what these things that were that we were experiencing. Yesterday, Sammy coughed fire.

I stretched my body out from against the stone bench I was resting on. Letting out a soft sigh, I settled back down, letting the sun soak into my skin.

“Riley.” I heard and looked upside down to see Thaxter there, smiling at me. “It’s lunch time.” He whispered, resting on his knees and kissing my lips upside down.

I giggled. “But I’m not hungry…” I whined and he smiled.

“But I am…” he pouted back, and I frowned.

“Okay, I guess….” I breathed out and he smiled in victory. I flicked his nose before rolling off the bench, the male catching me so I didn’t hit the ground.

Snuggling up into Thaxter and wrapping my arms around his neck I giggled and nipped at his neck in just the right spot.

I looked up to see him biting his lip to hold back any noise but rather than tease him further, I kissed the spot and settled down into his arms as he carried me into the house.

Kicking my feet a little like a child, Thaxter smiled and me, shaking his head a little at my playfulness before setting me down on the counter.

“So, what shall we eat?” He asked, looking at me, and I shrugged.

“You’re the hungry one…” I told him, playing with the bottom of my t-shirt, feeling the soft fabric and wanting to go lay in the sun again.

“But I don’t know what I want.” He whined softly and leaned against me on the counter, kissing me gently. “Help me find some food for my tummy.” He continued, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Get Sammy to make you pancakes.” I said, shrugging and kissing him again. “Where is he anyway?” I asked, and Thaxter jumped back.

“That’s a great idea, I’m going to go and find him, be right back, don’t move.” He said, and I smiled softly.

“Wouldn’t think of it.” I said as I looked to the left and saw Thaxter right back in the room, carrying Sammy like he was still a baby kitten.

I giggled at the cuteness of it. “Sammy, you look adorable.” I said, and he snorted a little.

That’s when he coughed.

He coughed a little at first, and then a larger cough came from his parted lips, and with it, a tiny ball of fire that dissipated almost as soon as it appeared.

I stared wide-eyed at my lovers. “Did that just happen?” I asked them, not able to look away from the exact place where the fire had been.

“I-I think so.” Sammy whispered, looking back at me with wide eyes.

“That was weird.” Thaxter said before shrugging and setting Sammy beside me softly. “Are you feeling alright?” He asked, patting him down pretty much to make sure everything was still there.

Sammy looked a little unsure but he nodded. “Y-Yeah, my stomach just felt kinda funny when that happened, but…I don’t feel anything now.” He said quietly, and we nodded, asking him a million more times if he was absolutely sure that he was alright.


I shivered just thinking about it. What if he just burst into flames one day and couldn’t stop it? I shook that thought from my head. No, we will find that book.

Now it seemed even more important before because what if we got hurt because of not being able to know what we were, not being able to control it? What if we hurt one another? Or Thaxter? I shivered before pushing that thought away as well.

I pushed away the negativeness and cuddled into Sammy deeper. “We’ll do whatever we need to do.” Thaxter said, and I nodded, trusting my mate.

Thaxter pulled us towards our bed, deeming it time to rest, and I couldn’t have agreed more.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long:(
but i couldn't think of what to write and when i did, i got sick:(
yep. for most of my stories i have started planning chapters because it's easier for me to write that way, so i'ma start planning for this:D
yay!!!