‹ Prequel: I Can't Help Who I Am

Together

Thaxter

It was our second day of searching and still we found nothing. I groaned and picked up yet another book.

Farron told us at the beginning of yesterday that the cover was red, but we soon realized that that would not be very helpful; the deeper into the piles you went, the more the colors changed to only a soot-black.

To even see the color beneath, you had to scrape at it with your fingernails.

“I’m not sure this is going to be possible.” Hunter murmured, looking at all fot eh books that surrounded us, frowning at Farron who smiled kindly, sensing the edge I was feeling.

“We’ll find it.” He said, and I closed my eyes, letting the anger subside a little.

Yes, we would find it, and there would be nothing for me to worry about. My two dears would be happy and together and they wouldn’t’ have to worry about being hurt because they didn’t know what was happening to them.

We would find a book. According to the bits and pieces that Farron remembered reading, there hadn’t been a child born that pertained to the book in thousands of years, hence why the book became so rare.

Just as I was about to look back over at another book in my hand, my eyes found Riley. It looked like he heard what Hunter had said from across the room and I frowned at that.

I made my way towards him, just barely making it around the different piles and piles of books that were there.

“Hey, how’re you feeling?” I asked and he shrugged.

“I’m fine.” He murmured, trying to muster up the courage to smile at me.

“No, he’s not.” Sammy said quietly, not wanting Hunter and Farron to worry for them. They were still trying to help Farron’s parents get the kingdom back on their feet; we were already taking them away from the time that they could be spending with their parents and on political affairs to be here looking for a book.

I’m sure that Riley felt like he was wasting their time.

The look on his face that I caught when I saw him looking over there at them proved that I as true. He frowned at his hands and I sighed, pulling him into my lap.

“Darling…”I breathed out into his hair. “I love you no matter happens.” I told him, “And regardless of whether we find this book or not, I’ll stand by you and protect you, both.” I said, seeing Sammy also looking rather down.

Riley looked up at me and smiled, seeming a little revived, a little more full of energy. “Yeah, I’m just being silly.” He said, smiling and leaning in, kissing me before hoping off of my lap to go and search more books.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another fillerish chapter.

Next chatper contains action!!!

com/sub?