‹ Prequel: I Can't Help Who I Am

Together

Riley

I stared at what Sammy held in his hand; the book we had been searching this damn room nearly a week for. Everyone else had left, leaving Sammy, Thaxter and I alone here, letting us search for a few more minutes before we headed to sleep for the night.

I almost couldn’t believe what I saw before me, but I snapped out of my daze, pulling out a piece of paper. My mom had given it to me; it was a charm to make the book practically indestructible and most definitely water and flame proof.

I stood up, slowly walking towards it, Sammy doing the same, inspecting it. He nodded. “It’s the same one.” He whispered, looking to me with the charm.

I opened the front cover of the bound book, placing the small paper inside and closing it, squeezing it shut. Sammy put a hand over my own to make sure that the spell would work.

I let my eyes slipped close and said the surprisingly simple enchantment, feeling the book change under my palms.

It got heavier until I could barely hold it before returning to the same weight it was before. Taking in a deep breath, Sammy and I pulled away from the book, setting it down and staring at it, Thaxter opening up the front cover and showing us that the paper was now imprinted into the book; it worked.

I squealed, jumping into Sammy’s arms, legs still around his waist as I leaned over to kiss Thaxter. “We found it.” I said, staring at the book that would tell us so much about what we were.

“Yeah baby.” Thaxter said, kissing my lips before Sammy’s as well.

We looked at one another, a weight seeming to have been lifted from our chests. Now we would know pretty much exactly what was going on with our changing bodies and what to expect.

“Riley…Sammy…” Thaxter said, looking at the book. He’d opened it and begun reading while we were still in shock. “Look here.” He pointed to a particular paragraph and we read.

Children of the prophecy, of parents of three breeds, are born to rule. They are fair and loving, kind yet fierce when they need to be. They have the qualities meant for leadership over all breeds. These children are meant to be the rulers of kingdoms, peace-bringers.

Whether they choose to rule or not is their own decision, but whatever they do, they have the gift of speech, to help them calm arguments and say kind words to those who need it.

They may be Kings or Queens, or they may be peace-bringers, traveling to kingdoms on the verge of war and talking them out of it, but regardless, they are powerful beings made from and meant for good.


“Oh my.” I whispered, looking down at the book before looking up at Thaxter who was trying to stifle his laughter.

“No wonder I can never say no to the two of you.” He laughed and I rolled my eyes, grabbing him by the back of his neck and pulling him in for a kiss.

“I’m not so sure about the whole King thing, but I do like the sound of peace-bringer.” Sammy whispered, his arms finding their way around my waist.

“Me too.” I said, smiling at my mates.

I knew that whichever path we chose, whatever what we decided to do, I would never have to worry because these men that I loved would always be by my side to love me and be there for me, no matter the circumstances.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter!

Originally it was meant to be a long full story but....yeah. It was more of a continuation of I Can't Help Who I Am^.^

I hope you enjoyed reading this!
Thank you to those who read/commented/subscribed. :D

photographer/model co-write
next story to update until completion
new fantasy co-write (princes)
new fantasy co-write (greek gods)

love,
sari