Status: Completed

Grotesque.

Part Nine.

“Go get another one,” Ginger told Twiggy, referring to the key Twiggy had left in the room. Twiggy nodded in agreement.
“Someone come with me?” he asked.
“Trent you should go with him,” Pogo snickered. Trent knew he was talking about the girl at the desk.
“You know what, I think I will. Let’s go Twigs,” Trent said with a grin. Twiggy and Trent walked up to the desk, and sure enough, the girl was there. She looked slightly freaked out to see him again.
“Oh, hi,” she said in a threateningly mono-tone voice. Trent chuckled. Twiggy didn’t seem to notice.
“How may I help you,” she said just as harshly, not meeting any of their gazes. She was pretending to be engrossed in a piece of paper she was holding. “Do you perhaps want some condoms?” she snickered, glaring at Trent. Twiggy gave Trent a disgusted look, taking everything wrong.
“Uh, no,” he said looking back at the girl. He leaned in slightly to look at her name tag. She rolled her eyes.
“Elizabeth,” she said.
“We need another key for our room, Elizabeth,” Twiggy said with a smile. She looked form Twiggy to Trent with a mixed expression of confusion and disgust.
“That’s why you asked for condoms?” Elizabeth asked Trent while pointing at Twiggy. “Ugh, I knew you guys knew each other, but I didn’t know you were a thing!” Trent starting laughing.
“Ha! No, we aren’t a thing. I asked you as a joke. My…friend dared me to. Guys don’t need condoms for that anyway,” he said matter-of-factly. A look of realization crossed her face.
“Oh,” she said. “Kay, let me look up your room number.” She did something on the computer, then left. She came back holding another card.
“That’s the only spare your getting so don’t lose it. And you better find the other one or I’ll kill you,” she said with a smile as she handed it to Twiggy. They walked back to the restaurant. Pogo stared at Trent expectantly. Trent just shrugged.
“The girl at the desk thought me and Twiggy were having an affair,” he chuckled. Pogo stifled a giggle and Marilyn’s head shot up.
“Her name’s Elizabeth,” Twiggy said smiling. Marilyn switched his glance to Twiggy. Once they had all eaten, they went back up to the room. They spent a good hour trying to clean the place up, and then they all sat down, worn out. The room was extremely warm, but they all sat lazily, either drinking or falling asleep. After an hour of not moving, Twiggy finally spoke.
“You know, there’s a pool outside,” he told the lazy band.

“Why didn’t you say something earlier?” Pogo asked him, obviously pissed. Twiggy shrugged, unaffected by the glares being shot at him.
“I thought you guys might’ve figured it out. I mean, you could see it from the restaurant,” he pointed out.
“Whatever, I don’t think anybody brought their swim trunks anyway,” Marilyn said. Trent and Pogo started giggling. “What?”
“Why don’t we go in our underwear?” Trent laughed. Everyone started giggling.
“Hehe…ew,” Marilyn said.
“We should, it’s really fucking warm in here,” Trent pointed out. Two minutes later, they were all standing beside the pool stripping their clothes off and jumping in. many of the people beside the pool screamed, while others took pictures. They didn’t care though. Tent floated over to ZimZum.
“Did you see the way Pogo took off his shirt?” he joked quietly. Zimmy splashed him.
“Indeed I did, thank you very much,” he sneered. He was sitting in one corner of the pool hugging his body close to himself.
“Really? Did you get a boner?” Trent said tilting his head with a grin.
“No,” ZimZum snarled. Trent just chuckled and swan away. He went over to Pogo and ZimZum thought he was telling him his secret. He nearly had a heart attack, his stomach slipped into his throat. So, he started kicking and screaming to get their attention. Trent started laughing immediately, knowing exactly why he was doing such an odd thing. Before anyone could do anything, Elizabeth came running out from the hotel.
“GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE POOL AND PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!” she yelled at them, pointing at the ground.
“Are you supposed to be swearing?” Pogo asked as he climbed out. She glared at him.
“Don’t argue with me,” she said. He shrugged and put his clothes on. He started laughing.
“What?” Elizabeth asked him.
“I look like I pissed myself,” he giggled.
“Real mature,” she said, rolling her eyes. She waited until the rest of them had dragged themselves out and got dressed.
“Now, I’m going to escort you to your room,” she said, her tone suddenly sweet. She was portraying a very fake smile, like a flight attendant.
“That’s quite the nice skirt you have on,” Pogo said as she walked them to the elevator.

“Save it,” she said, not looking at him.
“You don’t seem to like us very much,” he said. She started laughing.
“Well, you’re wrong. You see, I do like you. Well, not you in particular, but yeah,” she said smiling. A surprised expression crossed his face.
“Cool. Kinda figures, what other girl wears platforms while working at a fancy hotel,” he joked. “Which one of us do you like the most?” he asked, grinning.
“Twiggy,” she answered simply. Pogo’s face scrunched in confusion.
“Twiggy?” he asked like he was disgusted.
“Yes, Twiggy. You know, the one in the dress? That one,” she replied as the elevator doors opened.
“I know who Twiggy is but that’s just-“
“Here’s your room,” she interrupted with a mischievous grin. He smiled back and opened the door.
“Thanks, pretty girl. I mean, Elizabeth,” Twiggy said with a toothy grin. Marilyn eyed Elizabeth suspiciously. She shot him a confused look and continued back down the hallway. ZimZum was following Pogo very closely.
“Do you like her?” he asked quietly.
“What? Oh, no I don’t. She’s just interesting,” he answered. ZimZum smiled and walked away from him. He went into the bathroom to have a shower. Suddenly he came out again and ran up to Trent.
“Don’t you dare tell Pogo I like him,” he hissed in his ear. He glared at Trent and walked back into the bathroom. Everyone looked at Trent, interested in what they had witnessed, all but John and Ginger who were drying off on the balcony.
“He was telling me I'm an asshole,” he said, smiling. ZimZum started laughing in the bathroom.
Later that evening, when the sun had gone down, most of them were drunk, once again. Since both the beds were broken, Twiggy and ZimZum were jumping on the desk next to the dresser. Marilyn was taking everybody’s stuff and hiding in random places, but since everybody was too drunk or too busy (John and Ginger), they didn’t notice. Pogo went and sat next to Trent. They were sitting right beside John and Ginger, which were completely oblivious in the midst of their ‘fun’.
“I’m bored,” Pogo complained.
“Go kiss Zimmy,” Trent giggled.
“Why?” Pogo asked, a bit creeped out.
“Never mind. Do something drastic,” Trent said grinning. Pogo grinned back.
“Okay,” he replied. Two seconds later, Pogo and Trent were running down the hall with the broken lamps and glasses they had had in their room, and they were smashing them against the walls and knocking on peoples doors. Two minutes later, many of their hotel neighbors were standing in their doorways yelling at the two drunken men. They ignored them all completely, and continued yelling and laughing madly. They stopped dead when Elizabeth stepped out of the elevator with an eyebrow raised and her arms crossed.
“Now what do you think you’re doing?” she asked in a threatening tone. “Because you are really starting to piss me off.”
“I see,” Pogo giggled.
“Just cut it out. If you don’t stop I’ll get fired. This is apparently all on me because everybody else is scared of you,” she sighed. Pogo and Trent both shrugged.
“Okay,” Trent said.
“Thank you. Do I have to escort you to your room this time?” she asked sarcastically with a smile. The two just shook their heads and walked back to their rooms. It was only five minutes when Elizabeth knocked on the door again. Pogo stood up and opened it.
“What?” he sneered, tired.
“The manager wants you guys to leave the hotel,” she said as Twiggy and ZimZum went crashing to the floor with the desk.