Status: Active; Updated about once every week or two.

Marley's Twisted Arranged Marriage

So, Do You Like Pancakes?

"No Marley! You can't leave me! You know just as well as I do that Mom and Dad will ignore me once you're gone! You're the one who reminds them I exist!" Grace yells and tears pour down her cheeks. My eyes flood at the sight of my sister upset and I pull her into a giant hug.

"I'm sorry Grace. It's not my choice. And I'll call every day to see how you are. And I'll visit every single change I get. I promise." I whisper into her hair and try not to cry. I have to be strong for her.

"I'm gonna miss you too much Marley. You can't leave me! Please." She pleads me. She was making it so difficult not to cry.
"I'm so sorry Grace. I really am. But I have to do this. This whole thing, it's like a promise. You can't break a promise, right?" I say. She shakes her head and I continue on.
"Well, if I break this promise, then our whole family will be in big trouble. So I have to do this, for the sake of our family." I finish. She nods, still frowning.
"I'll come get you when dinner is ready, okay?" She nods again and I leave the room.

I go back downstairs and find four distressed parents along with a calm and bored looking Conrad.
"I told Grace what's happening.... Thanks for making me practically rip her heart out. I feel like a terrible older sister." The sound of my voice startles them.
"Oh honey, I'm glad you're down here," My Mother ignores what I've said.

"I want you and Conrad to get to know each other better. Since.... Well, you know. You guys might as well get along since you'll be spending a lot of time together."
I sigh and Conrad stands up out of his seat.

"We've got nothing better to do anyways. Might as well." He shrugs and walks in the direction of the front door. I grab my cell phone and purse and follow behind him.
"We should go for a walk." He says and we start walking together.
Silence overcomes us as I try to search fora topic. I glance over to him and notice his hands are in his pockets and he looks bored.
"So how old are you?" I ask casually.
"19. What about you?" He says.
"I'll be 18 in a couple months. Do you have any siblings?"
"Yeah. His name is Damien and he's 21. He has a girlfriend named Claire." He states.
"That's nice. Where do you guys live?"

"Los Angeles. Sucks that you're moving so far from your friends and stuff."
I shrug. "I don't really have friends here. I just fly under the radar at school and stay away from all drama. The only person I'll really miss is my sister. We've been through so much together and I love her like there's no tomorrow...." I trail off.
"What about your parents?" He presses.
"Eh. My Dad's kind of a work- a- holic, but we do bond well. And my Mom doesn't really care that much. She just lives for physical beauty, she doesn't exactly care how we feel about most things." I go on about my family and friend issues and he just listens.

"I'm sorry." He says after my rant. I shrug and mumble a thanks before the awkward silence over comes us once again.

"So do you uh.... like pancakes?" He asks after a few minutes. I furrow my brow and look at him. I can't read his expression.
"Um.... Yeah?" I reply and chuckle lightly. I smile and keep it plastered on my face until we get back home.

We eat a dinner of steak and mixed vegetables before Conrad and his parents leave. Caroline pulls me into a hug, George gives me an awkward two second kind of hug, and everyone waits for something to happen between Conrad and I.

"So I'll see you tomorrow I guess." I say as everyone gawks. He nods, not caring, and glances at our parents again before kissing my cheek and walking away. I place my hand to my cheek where he kissed it and feel that it's burning, along with all of my face.

"Aww look! She's blushing!" Caroline gushes. I feel embarrassed, excuse myself, and leave to my room before they can say anything more.

I finally decide to just go to sleep since I would have a long day tomorrow. I change into some comfy pajamas, take off all my makeup, and tie my hair into a messy bun.
I lie down in my bed and let my mind wander and remember the events of the day. Soon, sleep over comes me and I find myself dreaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never really realized how cheesy these chapters sound..... D: