Status: Active???

What Is Music?

Chapter 02: Face Sucker

Wolf’s wet hair hangs in his face as he turns off the shower and stands there, leaning up against the foggy tiles. His hands shake slightly as he runs them through his hair. Just as Jayy had said, everyone does get to know everyone around here, but that doesn’t mean one is apt to make friends easily. Wolf’s the type of person who’s just there. He hears things he’s not supposed to because people assume that he isn’t listening but he really is.

Jayy apparently is a hot topic. Everyone is talking about him, all the time. It’s rare to hear someone say something and Jayy’s name isn’t included. He’s funny and apparently he’s got lots of quirks (such as eating those wretched blow pops which he mysteriously makes look so good). It’s not like Wolf is jealous of Jayy; he’s just curious as to what makes him so likable.

Wolfs thoughts slowly drift back to the issues with his father. He hadn’t called or spoken since before the road trip. Wolf doesn’t dare call his mom either; she would be disappointed in his decisions. No matter which route he takes no one really likes him. Not even his family.

He steps out of the steamy shower and wraps a towel around his waist. Shaking his hair, he unlocks the bathroom door and moves over to the sinks. He washes his face meticulously before gazing up into the mirror. His past floods his mind and he rips his eyes away from his face and stares at the water as it swirls down the sink.

Slamming the faucet off, Wolf picks up his clothes and leaves the bathroom only to stop dead in his tracks. Sitting on the floor in the middle of the hallway is Jayy and Penny happily sucking face. They abruptly stop and look at Wolf who stands there impressed at Jayy’s bagging skills considering that he was going out with another girl the last time Wolf checked yesterday.

As if the moment couldn’t get more awkward the worst happened. Wolf’s towel fell and bunched at his feet. Penny giggled in amusement as she wiped her tears. Jayy pulled a blow pop out of his pocket and looked in Wolf’s direction while shrugging, “Not bad.”

Wolf hurriedly pulled his towel up, his cheeks turning a fiery red as he stalked down the hallway to his room. He closed the door softly before blasting his music in an attempt to calm his thoughts. Getting used to dorm life was going to be much harder than Wolf imagined especially if there would be random girls wandering the halls in search of Jayy Von Monroe. that and the fact that in smalls schools rumors spread fast; much faster than Wolf anticipated.

The next day everyone was talking about the incident, but what Wolf didn’t understand was why it didn’t matter that there was a random girl in the boy’s dorm. Although the situation was embarrassing Wolf didn’t let it get to him, he just moved on, in search of a group that would accept him. Luckily Wolf was beginning to realize that it was going to take something drastic to get him higher up in the popularity votes. Wolf had a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! I'd like to have some feedback on whatcha think!