Status: Active???

What Is Music?

Chapter 04: Metamorphisis

Wolf's head sits on the desk in the crowded classroom, his mind translucent as he attempts to meditate in his moment of boredom. The classroom is noisy, and Mrs. McCoy tries to speak over the students who intend on using their voices. After all, in music class aren’t you supposed to make noise?

Jayy is sitting next to Wolf and Penny usually sits on the other side of Wolf but not today. She was probably still sick considering that her fever was reported at 101.2. Wolf felt bad for her but he was kind of relieved about not having to worry about a random girl wandering the hallways in a ghost like state of mind.

Kris Lander gets out of his seat and grabs a snare drum off the shelf. He sets it on the stand and starts showing off in front of the class much to Mrs. McCoy’s pleasure. Wolf assumed that he knew what he was doing but in a way he didn’t. He was trying to do things without thinking and his timing was off. Wolf glanced around the room; not many other people noticed his off beatness.

Wolf smiles; this is his chance to make it big. He stands stiffly and makes his way to the front of the class. Everyone’s eyes are on him and he can feel them as if they are molesting his body. Trust him, that’s not a feeling you ever want to experience.

“You’re not keeping accurate time.” Wolf says, a cocky side of him emerging,

Kris looks up at Wolf and drums faster but it didn’t fix his problem, “Really? Says who?”

“Says me.” Wolf says, his voice rising, and the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. He runs a hand through his hair and challenges his opponent, “I say that we battle it out.”

Kris laughs, “Okay, newbie. This is just me fooling around, you don’t want to get me started.”

Wolf shrugs and says, “Talk all you want, it won’t improve your game.”

The room was still awkwardly silent as Wolf walks over to the shelf and pulls out another snare drum. He sets it on a stand directly across from Kris and plays a simple beat. Wolf stops after a few repetitions then Kris takes his turn to challenge Wolf to something harder.
As Wolf expected about three rounds in Kris was out of beats and was left standing there as Wolf went on and on, changing beats every so often.

The class room erupts into cheers and claps and Wolf’s confidence escalates, “I thought you didn’t want me to get you started, bitch?”

Mrs. McCoy frowns on Wolf’s statement but he heard Kris respond instead, “Oh, trust me, you didn’t.” A fist comes into view and he easily dodge the foreseen attack. This angers Kris even more, considering that Wolf was still keeping a steady beat on the snare. Kris then regains his composure and tackles Wolf.

Wolf’s hands were pinned by the sides of his head by Kris’ knees as he raises his fist and hesitates as if waiting for someone else to stop him, “Do it! You don’t have the guts!”

Wolf didn’t have to tell him twice and his right hook hurt; hard. He could hear Kris’ knuckles cracking against his skull and his eyes began to get puffy, stars flashing before his eyes. He winces, trying to get a better look at Kris but he isn’t pleased at what he sees. Kris’ face slowly began to morph into Wolf’s father’s face; shortly after everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear, we've got a fighter on our hands. Do I really have to beg for you guys to comment? Apparently somebody's reading this book because we keep getting more readers and subscribers! Say something!!!