Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Prologue

'We can't do this Severus. I'm your student. We are supposed to be spying on the Dark Lord. It's too dangerous for us to be together.' I said not looking at him. He put his hand on my chin and made me look at him.

I gasped when he kissed me roughly. I dug my fingers into his soft black hair and I moaned as he pulled me close. 'For the smartest witch of your age, you can't see what's staring you right in the face. I love you Hermione Granger.' He said softly as he kissed my forehead and cheeks.

I let out a soft sob and buried my head into his chest as I had done many times after he'd found out that I'd become one of Voldemort's mistresses. 'I can't bear it if he kills you Severus. I love you too much. Please don't ask me to watch him kill you and pretend to be indifferent when it's killing me inside.' I was sobbing openly now.

I groaned as a sharp pain shot down my spine. 'He's calling for me. Bella must not have satisfied him.' I said quietly. 'Don't.' He said. 'I must. He'll kill me if I don't.' I said. I kissed him one more time before I grabbed the black and green velvet cape that he'd paid for, for me and threw it over my shoulders.

'Please. Be careful.' He said as I left the room. I turned back, tears in my eyes. 'I always am.' I said quietly as I closed the door behind me and headed for the gates of Hogwarts.