Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Snape POV

I arrived at the gates of Malfoy Manner and headed toward my usual seat beside Lucius at the Dark Lord’s table. All I could think about was Hermione and how as soon as she arrived, another man would be touching what was mine. Anger pulsed through me but calmed instantly as I heard a loud crack of apparation. Hermione and Draco entered arm in arm into the dining hall. My eyes narrowed in annoyance at my godson but I, like everyone else in the room, shifted my gaze toward Hermione who was kneeled in front of His throne.

The Dark Lord started at her intently and raised an eyebrow at her white dress but said nothing about it. “Rise, my pet, Narcissa and Bellatrix wish to speak with you in the drawing room” the Dark Lord hissed as Hermione rose and left with Narcissa and Bella. I watched as they left until Voldemort turned his gaze back toward Lucius, Draco and I.

“My faithful servants,” the Dark Lord hissed, “I bring you good news. Everything is in place for the attack on the Ministry. All I need now is someone to lead the attack.” Voldemort stood from his seat and began to walk towards the three of us, all remaining silent. “Come now, surely one of you would like the privilege of attacking and defeating one of the strongest governments in Magical History.” Silence seemed to have swept the room until one spoke.

“I will volunteer myself for this task, my Lord.” Lucius Malfoy stood up to bow to Lord Voldemort. “Lucius-s-s-s, very well, you may lead the attack on the Ministry. Come with me to your office and we will discuss things. The rest of you, aside from Draco and Severus, may leave.” He turned his head back towards us. “I expect a full report from both of you when I return. “

*********Hermione POV********
In the Drawing Room

I walked into the drawing room to meet two of the most powerful witches, other than Minerva McGonagall of course, in Wizarding Britain. As I entered the room, I saw Narcissa Malfoy silently weeping with her sister, Bellatrix LeStrange trying to comfort her. Narcissa looked up to see me standing before and I bowed to them both as a sign of respect, “you asked to see me, ladies?”

Narcissa nodded and motioned for me to sit. I did as I was told and Bellatrix came to stand in front of me. “It has come to my attention, mudblood, that the Dark Lord requires an heir to his glorious legacy.” Bellatrix began while intently staring at me, her dark brown eyes throwing daggers as she spoke. “This being said, he has required me to inform you that you will be the one to provide him this heir.” I gasped in shock at her words. Why me? She continued. “Although, such a pity for the heir of the greatest ruler in wizarding history to be born of a Mudblood whore.” I turned my head upward at her words and said, “Well then, Bella, why don’t you simply bestow him with this ‘great honor’.” Narcissa’s head popped up at my words and Bella raised her hand to hit me. “HOW DARE YOU? You should be thrilled he even considered you. It should be me!” Her hand swooped down to hit me but was caught by Narcissa just in time. “Now Bella, calm yourself.” Bella lowered her wrist and looked at me apologetically.

“Anyways dear, we just wanted to let you know of His plans” she turned to look at Bella, “and also we want you to know that you can come to us with anything you need to talk about. You are the only other female in our little family and it would do us well to stick together.” She turned back to me and flashed me a bright and reassuring smile.

I sat bewildered for a moment trying to let the news sink in. First, Voldemort wanted ME to have his child. Second, Narcissa and Bellatrix wanted to become best mates with me. This was too much to handle. I snapped out of my daze and nodded at Cissy, as she insisted I was family now.

“Oh wonderful!” Bella exclaimed. “My dear, I do apologize for my actions earlier, everyone knows I fancy the Dark Lord. And, well, for him to give you this task, it just…” She cut herself off and hugged me. “Oh and dear, you might want to change the color of your dress. As beautiful as it is, white just doesn’t work here.” Narcissa spoke up as Bella released me from our hug. I sighed and transfigured my dress into a similar one only this time a deep Gryffindor scarlet. I sat down next to Cissy and we chatted on endlessly about clothes, the Christmas holidays and other ‘girl things’ until we were interrupted by a comforting and familiar voice.

“Hello Mother, Aunt Bella, Hermione” Draco said as he entered the drawing room to hug Narcissa, Bella and I. “Mione, the Dark Lord wishes to see you before you leave tonight. He’s asked me to escort you to his chambers.” He looked at me with a comforting smile and offered his hand. “Well then, better not keep him waiting” I said as I took his arm and we exited the drawing room, giving polite smiles to my new ‘best friends’ as we walked.

Draco led me to the door of Voldemort’s chambers. “I’ll be at the apparation point when you are ready.” He said before knocking. “Enter” Said the snakelike voice of my master. We walked into his chambers, both bowing as Draco spoke. “I have brought Hermione to you as you requested, my Lord.” He turned towards us and said, “Thank you Draco, you may leave us now.” We rose and Draco turned to leave looking at me comfortingly.

'You wished to see me, my lord?' I said softly with my head bowed. 'Come to me, my child.' He said gesturing for me to join him near the window. I approached him cautiously when I noticed his back was rigid. I gasped allowed when he turned, grabbed me by the throat and threw me against the wall.

I clutched as his hand and gasped for breath. My feet were barely touching the floor. 'You think that you can come to my headquarters dressed in a white dress as if you were an innocent, blushing bride? Allow me to inform you mudblood. You are no longer innocent.' He growled in that snakelike voice.

I glared at him. He lifted his hand and slapped me across the face. 'I am allowing you to wear any color you wish. You can even wear that atrocious Gryffindor scarlet that you seem so bloody proud of but you are no innocent mudblood.' He hissed before kissing me and placing his hand on the tattoo on my lower back. I screamed into his mouth as pain shot through my entire body.

He released me and I fell to the floor, gasping for breath. 'Get out of my sight.' He growled before turning away from me and looking out the large windows in his room. I stood on wobbly legs and stumbled from the room.

Draco stood at the end of the hall and I stumbled into his arms before feeling the pull of apparition. I gave a cry when we landed in the Forbidden forest. 'What did he do to you, Hermione?' Draco said steadying me.

I shook my head before tearing up. 'It's alright.' He said pulling me into his arms and hugging me. 'Come on. Uncle Severus will be looking for us if we don't get back to the castle.' He said with his cloak wrapped around my shivering body. I hadn't even noticed he'd removed it. Severus. How will I tell Severus? My thoughts suddenly escaped me as I felt the pull of apparation tug me to my destination.

************Snape's POV ***********************

I looked up when I heard a soft 'pop' indicating someone had apparated in the vicinity. I raised my wand and stood in the shadows as Draco and Hermione appeared. I took note that her dress had gone from white to a deep shade of red.

I seethed when I saw the finger marks on her throat and a red welt on her cheek. I looked at Draco and got angrier when he shrugged. 'You were supposed to bring her back to me in pristine condition, Draco.' I said through the bond that we created through legilimency.

'You should have told her not to wear white. You knew that mother had been severely punished when she wore that white ball gown at the annual Christmas ball that one year.' He said. 'I had other things on my mind, Draco.' I snapped.

'Yea, like figuring how to shag the Dark Lord's plaything without his knowledge.' He thought. 'Shall I inform your mother that you have been shagging your way through school for the last 6 years?' I thought raising an eyebrow at him.

He broke eye contact. 'I'm sorry Uncle. The Dark Lord was not happy with Hermione's choice in dress colors.' He said bowing his head and then gesturing for Hermione to pass him and come to me. She came to me and I instantly shed my cloak and threw it over her shoulders. 'You really must be more practical with your attire, maybe transfigure a cloak from your shirt or something.' I said as I led her back to the castle.

'It's not Draco's fault, nor is it yours. I chose the color. It just happened to be white.' Hermione murmured from next to me. 'Do you know why the Dark Lord does not want any of the Death Eaters or his mistresses wearing white?' I asked.

I saw her shake her head out of the corner of my eye. 'White is the symbol of innocence. When coupled with gold, they become the colors of the Order of the Phoenix.' I said and allowed those words to sink in while I led her down the hallway to my private chambers.

She didn't say a word until we reached the door leading into the castle. 'I could have been killed.' She whispered. 'If you were white or gold, you may very well be.' I said leading her to the spare bedroom and allowing her to enter before turning towards my bedroom. It took all my strength not to kiss her or those angry welts on her neck and make them go away.

I changed for bed, once my door had closed behind me, and climbed into bed. I willed myself not to think about Hermione sleeping next door. As I fell into a fitful sleep, my hand laying on the spot she had occupied just this afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written mostly by me, Beta'd by Slytherinchicks123 who also the bit at the end :)

Thanks everyone who read and reviewed!
Keep it up! Reviews are our friend!!! :)

Lots of Love
WishMaster <3