Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

2 Months Later

Hermione POV
Spinner’s End

The expression ‘time flies when you’re having fun’ is a bloody lie! Months of pregnancy really do a number on a woman. I had just woken up from another restless night. I made my way downstairs and saw Cissy down in the kitchens. “Good morning dear, would you care for some tea?” She asked sweetly. I nodded and made my way toward an empty chair across from her and Bella. These two women had become my lifeline these past few months.

I never thought that I would be friends, no, practically sisters with Bellatrix LeStrange and Narcissa Malfoy. I couldn’t even get along well with Draco until this whole ‘mistress’ ordeal happened. “My, how times have changed.” Cissy said looking toward me. I smiled then glared at her lovingly. “Cissy!” I exclaimed. “You know I hate when you two do that!” Bella smiled at Cissy then me, “Do what, dear?” She snickered at me.

Although they did not know Legilimency, they had an uncanny ability to read my thoughts. I smiled at Bella’s comment and we drank our tea in silence. I placed my hand on my growing stomach and smiled once more. With my ‘sisters’ by my side, maybe having this baby wouldn’t be so terrifying after all.

We began to go about our day as per usual. Translation, the girls made me sit way to much while they did everything themselves. ‘More like have house elves do it for them’ I thought to myself. “I heard that ‘Mione!” Bella shouted in a sisterly manner. I never could get anything past these two. I decided to make the best of my situation. I picked up a copy of ‘Hogwarts: A History’ and began to read when there was a knock, a gasp, and a hiss that made my blood run cold.

***************** DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN***********************************

********************Malfoy Mannor*****************************************

Voldemort POV
A few hours earlier

As far as I was concerned, things were slithering along quite nicely (Pardon the pun). Dumbledore was dead, my army was growing stronger each day, I had only to kill Potter and the Magical and Muggle world would be under MY command, and the best news of all; Hermione is pregnant with my heir. The only downside to this happy occasion was that my darling little Mudblood had run off with, as Severus calls them, ‘those two dunderheads’ to hunt my Horcruxes.

Although she is my mistress, I cannot tolerate such blatant acts of treason against me. “Hmm” I spoke aloud, “Maybe I will pay my darling Mistress a visit. Afterall, with one as fair as her, there must be another side to the story.” Nagini slithered beside me and via Parceltongue, told me that She, Bella and Narcissa were living at Spinner’s End. “An odd place to be, but nonetheless, at least she is safe.”
At that moment, Lucius, who had drastically fallen out of my graces due to his constant failures, entered the room. “My Lord,” he spoke as he bowed low, a sign of submission I quite enjoyed from my followers. “I couldn’t help but over hear your plans to retrieve the Young Mudblood Hermione. Might I give my Lord a suggestion on how to show his affection towards her and perhaps have her come more willingly?”

His question surprised me. I had not thought of how she would react if I simply barge in there and claim she return with me. Although she is MY property and is to obey my commands, I dare not injure her or my heir. I turned toward Lucius and waved my hand at him to continue.

“As you well know, My Lord, Hermione has a fascination for reading. Muggle Fairytales appear to be her favorite. I stumbled across a book entitled ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’, odd name for a book if you ask me. In this book, the ‘Prince’ swept the ‘Princess’ off her feet onto his horse where they rode off into the sunset to his castle to live, as the muggles say, ‘Happily ever after.’ Might I suggest you emulate his actions?”

The things these Muggles came up with! Although useless, as Muggles are, they do have a few good ideas to get a girl. An idea sprang into my head. “Well done, Lucius, I am pleased. Now leave me and Nagini while I plan.” He bowed low and exited the library.

The wheels in my snake like brain were turning rapidly. I walked to the gates of Malfoy Mannor, transfigured my black robes into something more ‘Prince-like’, and departed for Spinner’s End. By the end of the day, she would be mine. With a few flowers, a horse and carriage, my Mudblood, who unbeknownst to anyone other than Nagini I had fallen in love with, would be back where she belonged.

************************************Howgwarts***********************************
Severus POV

Well that was quite possibly the best sleep I have ever had! Sarcasm would be evident to anyone who was within a few feet of me. Another restless night of sleep. How I wished I could successfully alter the Dreamless Sleep potion. I had been taking too much and decided I should wean myself off it before becoming addicted.

My duties as Headmaster were growing more stressing and larger in quantity by the day. Longbottom and what was left of “Dumbledore’s Army” were trying to all but mutiny against me. Detentions with the Carrows were growing more frequent and the hospital wing was getting more and more crowded. Things were falling apart and the actual war hadn’t even begun!

Not all these things, surprisingly, were what caused me to lose sleep. Hermione was not with Potter and Weasley. Draco nor I could track her and I was beginning to get worried. Elena had gone with Hermione to wherever she went and the magic was warded, but seemed familiar at the same time. Wherever she went, she went through a great deal of trouble to ensure I would not find her. Maybe it wasn’t just me she was hiding from. Maybe she was being protected by the Order. Since I am no longer a welcome member of the Order, I can’t simply ask where she is being hidden.

Merlin what has happened to me? I used to be the ‘Greasy Git’ who terrified students from miles away. How is it that in this little time, I have become worried about this one girl who, if Merlin forbid I lost her, would deplete the cause of my very existence?

I rose from my chair by the fire and poured a glass of Firewhiskey. It was only nine am, but I found it more useful now than later. I downed the glass, summoned my robes and began to start my day, knowing a Gryffindor witch would be on my mind all day.

**********************************Spinner’s End****************************************
Hermione POV

Sweet Merlin I’m dead. He found me, Voldemort found me. Oh, I should have known this wouldn’t last long. “Better go and face the music.” I said aloud as I put my book down and walked into the courtyard of Spinner’s End. When I arrived, I saw a baffled look on both Bella’s and Narcissa’s faces.

“What are you two staring at?” I asked. Narcissa merely turned me toward the door and pointed. I immediately knew what she was talking about. Lord Voldemort, the most evil man in wizarding history, was standing next to an Ivory carriage laced with a dark green and black trim pulled by to horses, one black, and the other white. He looked like he had stepped out of a Muggle fairytale.

I approached him and bowed as per usual. “My Lord, what a surprise to see you here.” I rose and stood in front of him, waiting for his response. “Yes, my dear, I have heard you are pregnant. You have done well. But before I congratulate you, we must first go inside and talk.” Apprehension washed over me. Did he know the baby wasn’t his? Maybe he thinks it is his since he wants to congratulate me for ‘doing him well’. Narcissa and Bella looked at me reassuringly. I turned back to Voldemort, nodded and followed him inside. I thought to myself as we walked, ‘This should be fun’.

I smiled as he took my hand in his and tucked it in the crook of his arm. I was surprised to find his arm was actually warm. I would have thought that it would have been as cold as he is. I looked up at him and nearly stumbled when I saw he was smiling at me. Really smiling, not that snake-like smirk he wore all the time.

I stopped and waited until he turned to see what was wrong. 'Hermione, whatever is the matter?' He asked softly. I felt chills run down my spine but I couldn't decide if they were good chills or bad ones. 'Why have you come for me, my lord?' I asked staring into his eyes, all of my mental blocks in place in case he decided to enter my mind while I held his gaze.

'I came for you because, no matter what treasons you may have committed against me, I care about you. You have served me faithfully for the last year and I only wish to protect you from the Order of the Phoenix, my love.' He said softly. I stood there, utterly floored by his reaction. I felt him place his hand on my cheek and I looked up at him again before kissing him willingly. I felt him place his other hand on my hip and pull me closer to his body.

'I will take care of you and our child.' He said softly as he put his hand on my slightly rounded belly. I nodded as I felt my heart pound. 'What a mess this is.' I thought as he handed me up into the carriage before climbing in behind me. 'We have much to discuss, especially since I plan to make you my queen when I take over the wizarding world.' He said as he pulled me towards him and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I forced my body to relax as I took in his words. He was still planning to take over the world and now he was going to make me his queen. 'Merlin, save me from controlling men.' I thought as the carriage lifted from the ground and Voldemort launched into his plans for "our" future and that of my child.

♠ ♠ ♠
Beta'd by SlytherinChicks123 :)