Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 17

Chapter 17

4 months later

I gasped aloud as I sat on the couch reading a potions book. Tom wanted me to learn as much as I could before the baby was born. I put my hand on my belly and took a deep breath. 'Calm down little one.' I murmured as I stood. I gasped when I felt water run down my thigh. I looked down at the floor and noticed that a pool of water had formed around my slipper encased feet.

'Merlin.' I gasped as a contraction racked my body. 'Cissy! Bella! Help!' I cried as I clutched my stomach. There was a crash as the guards' flung open the door with their wands drawn. 'Get Bella and Cissy!' I gasped out as one of them sheathed his wand and came to my side.

'We have to get her to a bed.' He said as he helped me shuffle to the bedroom across the hall from the Library as Bella came running down the hallway. 'Where is Cissy?' I gasped out as they helped me lay down on the bed.

'One of the Death Eaters was dispatched to get her from Knockturn Alley. She'll be here any moment, love. Just breathe.' She said as she coached me through my breathing. 'I can't…I just can't….Bella, it hurts too much.' I said as I gasped for breath.

'I need hot water, towels, a couple small blankets and a small bowl and wash cloth.' I could hear Narcissa shouting as she approached the bedroom. I clutched Bella's hand as she rubbed my back. 'I'm scared.' I whimpered.

'I will never lie to you Mione. It will hurt.' Narcissa said as a troop of Death Eaters entered carrying the supplies she had requested. 'Send a patronus to his lordship and tell him Hermione is in labor.' Narcissa murmured to one of the death eaters as I screamed.

'At once, madam.' He said before disappearing. 'I feel like I'm being split in two!' I cried out as another contraction shook my body. 'Just breathe Hermione. I know it hurts. There's a potion that should have been brewed for you but….' She said. She didn't need to tell me that Severus should have brewed a potion that would have helped with my contractions. I cried out as the contractions became closer together.

'Breathe Hermione. Picture a serene beach, light breeze, the smell of the ocean.' Bella said as she rung out the wash cloth and blotted my forehead. 'Shut up Bella! You've never birthed a child and trying to picture somewhere else is not going to help the fact that I'm being split in two!' I shouted as she continued to blot my forehead.

'She is just trying to help Hermione.' Narcissa said as she checked to see how far along my labor progressed. 'You aren't ready yet Hermione.' She said. I groaned as Voldemort came into the room. 'How is her labor progressing 'Cissa?' He asked in a quiet voice. 'She'd be better if Severus had prepared a potion to help with contractions but she is doing fine my lord.' She said as she sterilized everything that would be used in birthing my child.

I screamed again as the contractions became more painful. Voldemort came to my side and pressed a kiss to my sweaty brow. I groaned and then looked at him. 'This child will be just as beautiful as you are.' He said. I screamed as the contraction shook my body. 'My lord, I think it's best if you let Narcissa and I help Hermione with the baby.' Bellatrix said.

'She is birthing my heir. I will remain here.' He said. 'Get him out of here!' I screamed as another contraction rolled through me. 'My lord, I really must insist.' Narcissa said as she checked me again. 'She's almost there.' She said as the Dark Lord stepped through the door to the hallway.

'Bloody Merlin!' I groaned as the contraction faded. 'Hermione, on 3, I want you to start pushing.' Narcissa said as she propped my legs on the pillows she had at the end of the bed. '1…..2…..3!' She said. I screamed as I pushed. I felt like I was being ripped in two. I let out the breath I had been holding as I fell back against the pillows panting. 'I can see the head, Hermione. The child has a full head of hair.' She said.

'One more push, 'Mione.' Narcissa said as I gripped Bella's hand and squeezed. I screamed as I pushed one more time. I fell back again and panted. Bella blotted my forehead again. 'One more push, Hermione. Come on, I know you can do it.' She said.

I screamed as I pushed one final time and felt the intense pressure disappear. I fell back against pillows for the final time. 'It's a girl. A beautiful baby girl Hermione.' Narcissa said as she cradled the baby to her chest while she cleaned her off.

She finally laid the baby on my chest and I started crying. She had Severus' eyes. 'Siria, her name is going to be Syria Abigail Granger.' I said as I looked at my baby. I stroked her cheek as she opened her eyes and looked at me. I smiled. She was beautiful. I looked at Bella who nodded. 'I'll be right back.' She said getting up from the bed.

I heard her converse with Voldemort shortly and close the door behind herself as Voldemort entered the room. 'She's beautiful Hermione.' He said as he took Syria from me. 'Elladora Lysandra, that shall be her name.' He said as he stroked her cheek.

'Of course my lord.' I said from the bed that I had just birthed my child in. He held Syria for a few more moments before passing her back to Narcissa and kissed me on the forehead. 'Rest, my love.' He said. I cringed at the term of endearment. 'I don't care what he says; your name is Syria Abigail Granger.' I said as Narcissa handed Syria back to me so I could feed her.

Severus' POV- later that day

I felt my left arm tingle uncomfortably. I looked down at it to find the skin raised and growing darker. I crossed the room to the fireplace and threw a handful of floo powder into the flames. 'Minerva.' I said. 'Yes headmaster?' She answered tersely.

'I've been summoned. You are in charge until I return.' I said. 'Of course Headmaster.' She said before going back to grading her papers. I grabbed my black teaching robes and threw them on as I crossed the room and began the trek down to the front gates.

10 minutes later

I appeared outside Malfoy Manor along with several other members of the inner circle. 'This is it.' I thought as we were led through the house to the receiving room instead of the dining room where the meetings were usually held.

'Friends, I'm proud to announce that Hermione has blessed me with an heir. A daughter named Elladora Lysandra.' The Dark Lord said he stood behind Hermione who was holding a wrapped bundle in her arms. I felt my heart shatter as I realized that Hermione had birthed a child created between herself and the darkest wizard to walk the face of the Earth.

Each of the members of the Inner Circle quickly summoned the gifts that they'd conjured for the baby and presented them one by one to Hermione and the baby. I took mine from my pocket. I shrunk the bracelet and then handed the gift to Hermione. 'A gift for you and your daughter.' I said curtly. 'What is it?' She asked picking up the bracelet with a tiny silver lion charm.

'The bracelet is for Elladora and the necklace is for you. All you have to do is tap the charm, say the name of the person wearing the bracelet and you will be transported to them.' I quietly explained. I felt a pang of heartache. I had originally made the necklace for me to wear and had planned to give the bracelet to Hermione before I'd found out about the child.

'Thank you Severus. It is a very thoughtful gift.' She said as she placed the bracelet on Elladora's wrist and it automatically resized to fit the small child. I nodded my head she took the necklace from the box and put it on. 'Thank you Severus. A fitting gift for a new mother.' The Dark Lord said as he slipped his finger into Elladora's hand.

'You are all dismissed. Rest well my friends. Tomorrow we begin planning.' Voldemort said as Narcissa entered the room to take Elladora. Hermione stood gingerly and walked slowly with Narcissa out of the room. 'How old is the child, my lord?' I asked.

'Less than a day, Severus. Why do you ask?' He said. 'Respectfully, my lord, I don't think she was in any condition to receive visitors today. Her body is still healing after going through the birthing process.' I said bowing my head.

'I suppose you're right. Check up on her Severus. I need my future wife to be in top health when I take the Wizarding World.' The Dark Lord said before sweeping out of the room, with Nagini slithering after him. I looked down at the floor, half-expecting my broken and bleeding heart stuttering through its final beats to be there.

I shook my head and straightened my robes before going to the private lab that the Dark Lord provided for me. I grabbed several vials out of my private stores and made my way to Hermione’s bedchamber.

Hermione's POV

I held Syria in my arms as I sniffled and cried. I took the tiny silver lion in my hand and sighed. I'd seen the mask that Severus had hid behind. I was desperate to talk to him, to explain that the baby was his, and not Voldemort's. I looked up as the door to admit Narcissa and Bella.

'How are you, love?' Bella asked as she stroked Syria's head. 'Tired, I'm sorry for snapping at you Bella.' I said quietly. 'It's all right love. I understand. Cissy was the same way when she was giving birth to Draco. She even threw Lucius' mother from the room just before she birthed Draco.' Bella said looking at her sister fondly.

'She was being nothing but a nuisance and offering advice when it was not warranted or needed.' Cissy said with a sniff as she held out her arms for the baby. 'She always was overbearing.' Bella said quietly. 'How are you really Hermione? I saw Severus' face when the Dark Lord had announced that you'd given birth.' She said as she waved her wand around the room, wordlessly casting anti-eavesdropping spells.

'I feel like my heart is breaking. He really thinks Syria is Voldemort's child.' I said sobbing. She pulled me into her arms and stroked my head. 'It'll be alright 'Mione. One day soon, this will all be over and all will be well.' She said quietly. I sniffled and nodded.

'Bella, I want to ask you something.' I said, my voice cracking only slightly. 'What is it Hermione?' she asked. 'If something happens to me, I want to know my baby is safe. I would like you to be Syria's godmother. Please?' I said.

She beamed. 'I've never been a godmother, I would be honored Hermione. Nothing will happen to you. That much I will make sure of.' She said as she hugged me. I smiled as the door swung open with a light knock. I looked up to see Severus looking severe and uncaring. 'This is not the man I fell in love with.' I thought as he crossed the room as Narcissa brought Syria back from changing her diaper.

'Hello Hermione.' He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Beta'd by WishMaster3343 :)

Th end is near guys! thanks for the reviews!