Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Hermione’s POV

I returned to Malfoy Manor long before dawn had broken. I walked in and was met with a distressed looking Narcissa and a tense looking Bellatrix. ‘What had happened?’ I asked as I gave Syria over to the house elf that appeared beside me.

‘The Dark Lord plans to take Hogwarts in only a few short hours. Hermione, my son is still in that castle with Severus.’ Cissy said as she clutched a handkerchief in her hand. I pulled her into my arms and let her cry on my shoulder. ‘When was the order given?’ I asked. ‘Only a few minutes ago. He has learned that Potter is within the castle walls and has destroyed most if not all of his horcruxes.’ Bella said as she rubbed Cissy’s back in an attempt to calm her down.

I was glad I was able to warn Professor McGonagall before it was too late. ‘There’s one more thing.’ Cissy whispered. I looked at Bella. ‘He requests both Cissy and me on the field of Battle. Cissy is only going to be there to heal the wounded. I, on the other hand, may not return from this fight.’ Bella said softly.

I blinked back the tears and hugged my only friends at the moment. ‘I love you both with all of my heart. You will come back from this Bella, even if I have to go through the veil and bring you home myself.’ I said as silent tears flowed down my cheeks.

We all looked up as the door opened to admit Lucius, who looked even more haggard than usual. ‘The Dark Lord wishes to speak with you, Miss Granger.’ He said before crossing the room and enveloping his wife in a hug. In the year that I’d been in the Dark Lord’s service, I’d never seen this kind of tenderness between Draco’s parents. Lucius was broken and Narcissa was his rock.

I nodded as Bella escorted me from the room. We walked slowly towards the bedroom in which Tom had taken up residence and I knocked tentatively. ‘Enter.’ He hissed from within the chambers. I opened the door and curtsied. ‘You wished to see me, My Lord?’ I asked with my head bowed. ‘Yes, of course I did, my love.’ He said as he turned. I was shocked to see him only dressed in black trousers and a white button down shirt.

‘Today I will take Hogwarts and the Wizarding World will at last bow to my will. It is to be a glorious day.’ He said as he stepped closer. I closed my eyes as he leaned forward and kissed me. ‘I want you to be there, by my side when Hogwarts falls. But I don’t dare risk your life so soon after you’ve given me an heir.’ He hissed softly. I nodded in understanding.

‘You will remain here under the protection of the Malfoy family enchantments and their house elves, as well as a few of my Death Eaters. I will come back to you and then we will be married properly. We shall rule this world as king and queen and we will raise Elladora to take my place when the time comes. After all, an immortal man cannot rule forever.’ He said quietly as he placed butterfly kisses along my face and neck.

I couldn’t help but moan softly for only Severus could incite this response in me and at the moment, he was all I was thinking about behind the barrier within my mind. He placed another kiss on my lips and stood back. ‘Go to our child, keep her safe.’ He said as he turned his back on me and grabbed his robes from the end of his bed.

I curtsied again and left. My breath caught in my throat. ‘Merlin save us.’ I thought as I hurried to Syria’s nursery.

McGonagall’s POV

I stood before the entire school. ‘It has come to my attention that Hogwarts has been threatened by the darkest wizard of the age. In only a few short hours, this castle will be attacked by Death Eaters, now those of you, who are of age according to Wizard Law, may choose to fight if you desire. Students under the age of 17 will be locked in their dormitories until the war has been ended. I will stress that if you choose to fight, you may die. I leave the decisions to you.’ I said as I looked at the teachers and students. Neville Longbottom stood.

‘I will fight Professor.’ He said. I clasped my hands together and put them to my lips. ‘I will fight Professor.’ Lavender Brown said as she stood. Other students stood and came to stand with the teachers. ‘Prefects, bring your house to the dormitories and instruct the portraits to seal themselves and hide, by order of the Headmistress.’ I said.

Some of the students looked at me in confusion. None of them knew that Snape had been ordered to tenure his resignation and until I saw fit, which if I had my way I would never have to explain myself.

I turned to the remaining teachers. ‘Seal the entrances. Make sure the students are in their houses. We have work to do.’ I said before taking my leave. They followed me through the door behind the staff table. ‘Is it true, Minerva?’ Pomona said quietly.

Yes, Pomona, I’m afraid it is. You-know-who wants to take Hogwarts as a sign that the Wizarding World is weak. Poppy, I request that you take care of Gryffindor house in my stead.’ I said as the rest of the teaches broke away from the group. I didn’t have to turn around to know that she had nodded her assent and left for Gryffindor tower.

Snape’s POV

I stood in the Forbidden Forest awaiting the Dark Lord’s arrival. I took a vial from my pocket and uncorked it before tossing it back. I grimaced as the potion took effect. I still hadn’t believed that Minerva had drawn her wand on me and attacked.

I’d always known one day we would push each other too far and we would end up in a formal wizard’s duel. I shook my head. Now was not the time to be thinking about the past. Hogwarts and its residents were in danger and if that dunderhead Potter had managed to do the impossible, our world might just survive.

My only regret was not talking to Hermione when she appeared in the castle. I turned again as I heard the soft pops of apparation. Narcissa, Bella and Lucius stood closest to me. ‘She is safe.’ Narcissa said quietly. I nodded my thanks.

‘Gather ‘round my loyal followers. Today is the day that we will take Hogwarts and make the world bow to our will.’ The Dark Lord said. ‘Today, we will show the world that purebloods are stronger and more powerful than half bloods and mudbloods.’ He said.

The crowd of Death Eaters cheered. I looked at Narcissa and Bella. ‘The Death Eaters who were chosen to remain here as healer will remain under the control of Narcissa Malfoy, the rest of you, follow me.’ The Dark Lord said.

‘Severus.’ Lucius said. ‘Brother.’ I said putting my hand on his shoulder. ‘Draco is still in the castle. He’s the only one that will carry on my line.’ He said, his voice cracking on the word ‘son.’ ‘Minerva will protect him and all of the students within the castle. I will make sure that Draco is safely returned to you and Narcissa.’ I said. He nodded.

‘Be strong my brother.’ He said. I nodded. We followed the rest of the Death Eaters to the edge of the forest. I watched as the Dark Lord pointed the Elder Wand at the force field surrounding Hogwarts and began the process to dissolve it.

‘Hogwarts is going to fall.’ I thought. Aurors stood on the edge of the boundaries. ‘I have no interest in prisoners. If they refuse to join, kill them.’ The Dark Lord said to his followers. ‘I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter they shall not be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded.’ He said his voice magically amplified by the Sonorus charm. The Aurors stood firm. ‘No? Then you have chosen death for all those involved.’ He said. The Death Eaters cheered as they began the march toward what was sure to be the end of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The Aurors took their stances from within the boundaries and prepared for their fight to the death. The battle began with curses flying from Death. I heard Bella cackle from somewhere near the castle. It was impossible to miss in any event.

Curses flew left and right. I ducked as a stunner came my way. I turned to see Minerva had flung it at me. ‘Curse you Minerva.’ I muttered under my breath. ‘Traitor! Murderer! Liar!’ She said as she threw various curses at me. ‘Damn it Minerva! I don’t want to harm you but so help me Merlin I will stun you if you don’t stop!’ I said as I deflected each spell with barely a flick of my wand.

‘Fight me you evil dungeon bat! Or do you only kill unarmed old people?’ She shrieked as she threw a killing curse at me. I cast ‘Protego’ in the nick of time, as I ducked to avoid it. Minerva deflected a curse that had been sent her way by one of the other Death Eaters.

‘NO!’ I roared as I disarmed the witch that had attacked Minerva and bound her. I turned to Minerva. ‘Now, do you believe me?” as I cast the shielding charm again. ‘You murdered Dumbledore why should I trust you?’ She said as she glared at me.

‘Because I just saved your life, and though I ended Albus’, it was on HIS own orders. Now for once in your life, get over your Scottish and Gryffindor pride, listen to me and do as I say. Get out of here and protect the school and Potter as well.’ I growled. She looked at me, understanding dawned in her eyes and she nodded. I dropped the protection spell and watched her take off towards the Great Hall.

I watched as students, Aurors, teachers and friends fall to the Earth in death. I cringed. ‘If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste… I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour…. I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you… I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then the battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray, myself Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every man, woman and child who have tried to conceal you from me. One hour’ The Dark Lord’s voice said. And so the cease fire began.

I held my wand in front of me as I walked backwards into the Forbidden Forest. As I entered, I felt a burn in my arm. ‘Severusssss…..’ The Dark Lord’s voice hissed in my head. I nodded and dissapparated on the spot, thankful that I still had the power to do so.

I appeared before the Dark Lord with my head bowed. ‘Severus. The Elder Wand is not functioning properly.’

Realization dawned on me and I shuddered as I thought to myself, ‘Oh shit…’

“What do you mean, my Lord? You took the wand from Dumbledore’s tomb.” I spoke as I watched Voldemort approach me, Nagini following close behind.

“The wand isn’t as powerful as it should be. It seems to be rejecting my power.” He said as he demonstrated by sending the Cruciatus Curse my way. The pain was there, but it seemed, as the pain was lesser than when he used his own wand. I began to understand where this was going.

“You see, Severusssss, although I stole the wand from Dumbledore’s tomb, you were the one to kill him, making YOU the wand’s true master.”

I simply stood there not saying anything as he stopped circling me though Nagini continued to.
“It’s a shame, Severus; you were one of my best Death Eaters, always loyal to me. Pity, you must die. But I must be in control of the Elder Wand if I am to kill Harry Potter.” He took a few steps back, whispered something to Nagini in Parseltongue who then lunged toward me fangs barred.

I felt a stabbing pain in my neck as felt her fangs penetrate the skin as she latched onto my neck for dear life and I fell to the floor with a loud ‘thud’. I screamed in agony for what seemed like hours until Voldemort approached and summoned Nagini off me. I vaguely heard him whisper “Legillimens” and all my memories laid bare before him. He saw Lily, every moment I tried to save Harry and to my dismay, the night I shared with Hermione and the fight we had about her...our child.

“Ah I see my suspicions were right all along. Lusting after my whore have we, Severus?” he chastised me as I lay dying by his goddamn snake’s hand. The coward couldn’t even finish me off himself.

“She is such a fiery young thing, isn’t she? What a shame she will have to suffer for your mistakes.” He said as he came to stand above me.

Had I been well, I would have crucio’d his snakelike ass for even mentioning her name, but all I could do was twitch in agony as Nagini’s venom began to take effect. Voldemort stood above me again and said to Nagini, “Finish him”. She lunged, attacked, and my world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE BATTLE IS HERE! We just watched Deathly Hallows...again... Snape's death made me cry so hard but alas, things happen... this is not the end...we have 2 more chapters including an epilogue.

Beta'd by Me!!! (Wishmaster3343) lol its so weird being under that pen name.

anyways, R&R