Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 3

Severus' POV

I stood next to the chair that the Dark Lord sat in. 'Come here, my child.' He hissed quietly. The young girl obeyed, timidly. 'Please sir, I must return home. My mum doesn't like it when I'm out after dark.' She said in a soft, child-like voice.

'No, I expect your mummy doesn't appreciate you breaking her rules and yet here you are.' Voldemort hissed as he circled her like a hunter who had cornered his prey. He waved his hand and the cloak that the girl had been using to conceal her body flew from her shoulders. 'Stupid Muggle. If I had my way, you and your kind would have never existed. What makes you think that you are allowed to address me as your equal?' He said, his tone growing angrier.

I didn't have to look at Lucius to know he was thoroughly enjoying himself. 'M-m-m-muggle? What does that mean?' The girl stuttered, fear evident in her voice. I didn't even see the Dark Lord's hand move before the girl fell to the ground and writhed.

'I told you, you are not allowed to speak to me as your equal. I am your lord and master.' Voldemort sneered at the crying girl. 'I'm s-s-s-s-sorry, m-m-m-m-my l-l-l-lord.' She stuttered as she struggled to get back on her feet. 'What do you think, Severus? Should I allow her to live, to serve the Death Eaters?' Voldemort asked. 'Death Eaters?' The girl squeaked.

'How old are you child?' Voldemort barked. '17 years, m-m-my lord.' She said. 'Hmmm, you would serve as great enjoyment for the Death Eaters.' He said as his eyes perused her body at his leisure. 'Severus? What do you think of her?' Voldemort asked, not taking his eyes off the girl, who had apparently noticed Nagini napping in the corner of the parlor.

'For a muggle, she isn't atrociously hideous, my lord.' I said. 'Lucius?' He asked. 'I prefer pureblood witches, but as a muggle, she'll serve her purpose, my lord.' Lucius drawled. The girl looked nervously as Voldemort turned away from her and looked at Lucius. 'Lucius, you may 'test' our new entertainment. Try to leave her with her heart beating hmmm?' Voldemort hissed as the doors opened again to reveal Bellatrix dressed in a green silk dress.

'My lord, the time grows late and we have much to do tomorrow.' She purred. 'So it seems Bella. Severus, you are free to go, but I expect useful information the next time I summon you.' He said as Bella wrapped her arm around his and they left together. Lucius had dragged the muggle girl out of the parlor moments before. I could only imagine the terrible things he would do to her and how her mother would worry when she never came home.

I exited the parlor and walked swiftly down the hallway towards the front door. I passed through them seconds later and headed for the apparation point just outside Malfoy Manors' grounds. The gates turned to fog seconds before I passed through them. I turned on the spot and disappeared with a sharp crack.

I appeared just outside Hogwarts' Castle gates as the sun started to rise. I rubbed my eyes as I passed through the gates and headed for the hidden entrance to my office. 'Another sleepless night. Thank Merlin that it's Saturday and I can at least attempt to get some sleep.' I thought to myself as I gave the password to my hidden entrance.

I headed for my private rooms as the door closed and flicked my wand towards the door where a sign telling students that I would be away from the castle today had appeared on the hallway side. I threw off my cloak, took off my shoes and lay down on my bed, not even bothering to finish undressing before sleep claimed me.

*******Ginny's POV*********

Harry, Ron and I looked up as Hermione joined us at the table. I was worried about her. She looked as if she hadn't been sleeping at all. I watched as she plopped down next to Ron and started eating her lunch or rather picking at it.

'Hermione, aren't you hungry?' I asked before taking a bite of my pumpkin pastry. 'Huh? What? Oh, I'm sorry Ginny. I'm just thinking about O.W.Ls, you know they're….' Hermione said, but was cut off. '6 months away. Hermione, don't you ever think about anything other than studying? When was the last time we all just sat out on the lawn near the lake and talked?' Ron said with his mouth full.

'But Ronald, the O.W.Ls are important. You and Harry want to be Aurors and you need to get at least an exceed expectations in all the subjects and Professor Snape only accepts Outstanding ratings.' She said protesting. I cocked my head to the side. Hermione only rarely called Ron by his given name.

I looked at Harry and saw that he was looking at me with a confused look on his face. He shrugged as I turned to look at Hermione who had started taking bites here and there of her lunch. The 15 minute warning bell sounded and Hermione looked up.

'I need to go to the library.' She said suddenly, leaving her half finished lunch behind in her wake. 'She's not acting like her normal self.' Harry said. 'She hasn't been sleeping well. Sometimes she comes back to the girls' dormitory in the tower and she thrashes all night long.' I said finishing my lunch and propping my elbows on the table.

'I'm worried about her. When we were home for the summer, she acted weird, like someone was going to come after her.' I said quietly. 'She seemed distracted.' Harry said as he finished his lunch. We both stood and he took my bag from me. 'Come on I'll walk you to class.' He said softly as he took my hand in his.

'I'm worried about her, Harry. What if something's wrong and she's trying to protect us by dealing with it herself?' I asked. 'Hermione can handle just about anything; she is the brightest witch of our age after all.' Harry said quietly as we continued towards my double History of Magic class with the Ravenclaws.

*********Hermione's POV*********

I fell to the ground as my lower back exploded in pain. I moaned softly and curled in a ball to wait out the pain. 'Surely he wouldn't be calling me during school hours.' I thought. 'Hermione?' a voice said. I looked up to see Draco Malfoy standing over me.

'He's calling for me Draco.' I whimpered quietly. His face paled as he helped me to my feet. 'You can't ignore him. He'll make you regret ignoring him if you do.' He said as he pulled his invisibility cloak from his pocket. He threw it over the both of us and we headed for the forbidden forest.

'Merlin, it hurts.' I breathed as explosion of pain racked my body. 'Come on Hermione. Where's that Gryffindor lioness you are always boasting about?' He said as we continued slowly towards the forest. I looked at him to see him smiling. 'She's been beaten down by the dark lord, but she's trying to fight.' I said smiling back.

He threw his invisibility cloak off and stuffed it back into his pocket as he lifted me into his arms and turned on the spot. I nearly passed out when we reappeared in the foyer of Malfoy Manor. 'Your mistress, my lord.' Draco said allowing me to stand on my own feet and bowing to the Dark Lord.

I pulled my wand out of my cloak and transfigured my school uniform into a long, silk, strapless green dress. 'My lord.' I said bowing my head as my hair twisted itself into soft, pinned back curls. 'I expected you here promptly, mudblood.' He hissed. 'I would have been here, my lord, but the Potter brat and his sidekicks were asking questions and would not let me out of their sight until they were given satisfactory answers.' I said projecting images of Ginny and Harry confronting me about my change in behavior.

'They are becoming troublesome, especially that Weasley girl. She asks too many important questions and is far too observant for her own good.' The Dark Lord said. I felt my mind screaming at me to do something but I didn't know what to do. 'We'll need to get rid of her eventually. Draco?' The Dark lord said.

Draco stepped forward and bowed his head. 'Draco, I want you to seduce the Weasley girl. Make her believe that you have changed, renounced your claim to your Death Eater inheritance. Once done, we'll get rid of her. Fail Draco and your mother will pay the price.' He hissed.

'You wish me to involve myself with the blood traitors, my lord?' Draco said distain evident in his voice. 'Yes, I want you to break down her defenses and make her trust you. It won't hurt to seduce her away from the Potter brat. It'll aid my cause.' He said as he watched me for a reaction. I kept my features under control as even as he probed my thoughts.

'Go Draco. Take a reasonable amount of time, but no more than a year.' Voldemort said as he stepped closer to me. 'You are dismissed by the way.' He said before he pressed his lips to mine and I moaned on cue.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gasped against his lips as he lifted me into his arms and pressed my back against the wall in the foyer. 'Shouldn't we take this to your room, my lord?' I moaned softly in his ear as he kissed my neck. I had to picture him as someone else behind the barriers I'd thrown up against his gentle probing.

'I quite like you out here in the open, Hermione.' He said quietly as he kissed me again. I could feel his cold hand sliding the hem of my dress up towards my thigh. I moaned as his tongue gentle probed my lips seeking entrance.

I gasped as he shoved my dress up the rest of the way and shoved his tongue in my mouth. I shut down after that. As he kissed with his tongue in my mouth, I bit down, maybe a little too hard. It was enough to draw blood. He dropped me and put his hand to his mouth. 'How dare you! You mudblood bitch!' He roared as he waved his hand.

My back arched as he used the Cruciatus curse on me. 'I'm sorry.' I screamed the final time before he summoned one of his many followers to take me back to Hogwarts.

I felt my body being lifted and felt the tug of apparation. I gasped as the person dropped me of the ground and disappeared with a pop. I took out my wand and said 'Expecto Patronum.'

A sliver otter appeared out of the tip of my wand and looked at me with sad eyes. 'Go to Draco Malfoy in the 6th year Slytherin dorms. Lead him back to me. I can't go to him.' I told it. It nodded and darted through the trees.
I fashioned myself a pillow out of dead leaves and waited for about 20 minutes before I heard a twig snap. 'Draco?' I asked quietly. 'Guess again, Miss Granger.' A voice said. 'Oh Merlin.' I muttered as I looked up from where I was hiding.
♠ ♠ ♠
I must give wishmaster3343 credit for helping me co-write this chapter. Thanks Gina!