Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 5

I walked swiftly towards the headmaster's office. All I could see when I looked up was that ugly tattoo that marred the Granger girl's lower back. Maybe Albus would know what to do I knew I didn't. As I approached the gargoyle, I growled out that password, 'Sherbet Lemon.'

I climbed the stairs faster than they could move and ended up waiting for them to reach Albus' office door. I knocked and heard him call 'Enter.' 'Ah, Severus, you didn't inform me that you had been called so I can only guess this is a social visit.' He said as he swept over to his desk and took a seat. 'Toffee?' He asked offering me one of his many muggle candies.

'No, thank you Albus. This isn't a social visit.' I said as I started to pace his office. All I could think about was that disgusting tattoo set against her pale skin. 'She's been marked as his mistress.' I said quietly. 'Who?' Albus asked. 'I can feel you probing my mind Albus. You allowed her to infiltrate his society of Death eaters.' I said turning on him.

'I did give Miss Granger permission to take this mission for the Order. She turns 17 in two weeks and she has put her parents in a safe place. I allowed her to do it because I know she is the best student in this school.' Albus said. 'You could have forbade her. She's a child Albus! She isn't ready for that. She doesn't know the dangers of working within the Death Eaters. She'll be killed if she is discovered to be a spy!' I said not looking at him.

'She is almost 17 Severus. I can hardly tell her what to do.' Albus said. 'She is still a student of the school Albus. You are her headmaster, you can tell her what to do.' I said turning on him. 'She would just as soon as walk out.' Albus said.

'Bloody hell, Albus. Do you know what I've gone through to make sure that she, Potter and Weasley don't end up dead or worse? Now she is the Dark Lord's mistress! Even if she is taking an anti-conception potion, she can still get pregnant. Dear gods man! Do you really want Hermione to bear a child of the Dark Lord?' I said as I continued to pace the room.
“Severus, my boy, you need to calm yourself. She is doing this of her own free will and is aware of the consequences.” He said in a calm tone, although I couldn’t help but detect a hint of worry in his voice. It was then that I lost it. “Calm down? Oh yes, surely! When an innocent student has put herself at risk to not only harm herself, but also those connected to her! Think of her parents, or even Potter and that dunderhead Weasley! I will calm down, Headmaster, when she is free of his grasp and this filthy war over with!” I said and I turned on my heels and stormed out of his office, cloak billowing behind me.

*******Albus POV*********

Minerva entered my office as Severus stormed out. “What was that all about, Albus?” I turned to face her and said, “Severus has found out of Miss Granger’s involvement with the Dark Lord. He did not take it particularly well.” Minerva cast a worried glance at me. “Now my dear, she is the most talented and brightest witch of her age. All will be well, trust me. Let’s go to bed now, shall we dear?” She nodded and I followed her out of my office. ‘It would seem’ I thought to myself, ‘that Severus has taken a liking to our brave Gryffindor Lioness. Interesting, interesting indeed.’

*********Severus' POV*********

It was nearly midnight when I finally made it back to my rooms. I had gone to my potions classroom to think and ended up brewing a couple of potions including some that would be given the Granger girl for her use.

I undid the wards that surrounded my room and climbed the stairs that led to the main living space, only to find the Granger girl asleep in my shirt on the couch in front of the dying flames in the hearth. I flicked my wand toward the flames and arranged some logs on top of them and steadily the flames grew. I rubbed my hands together to warm them while the fire grew.

I noticed I took my cloak off and laid it over the Granger girl. I didn't keep very many blankets in my rooms because I never received guests aside from Draco and sometimes the irate Minerva but they normally took the guest room. 'It would seem Miss Granger, that you got your wish and you will do you part to help end this war, but you will do it on my terms.' I said softly.

She whimpered in her sleep and I could only imagine the horrors that plagued her while she slept. I made a mental note to brew her, a dreamless sleep potion; Merlin knew she would need it. I rubbed the back of my neck and then turned to go to my room. I stripped down to my boxers and slid into my bed, willing sleep to come.

I had just begun to drift off when a piercing scream sounded from outside my door. I grabbed my wand and ran through my door to find Miss Granger thrashing and screaming wildly on the couch. I was hesitant in touching her because she was my student, but at the same time, I knew that she needed some comfort.

I carefully picked up her up in my arms and settled us back on the couch with her head on my chest. She stirred and looked at me with hazy eyes before snuggling back into my chest. 'I'll never let anything hurt you again, I promise Hermione.' I said placing a chaste kiss on the top of her head.

*******The Next Morning Hermione's POV *******

I woke slowly the next morning. 'Merlin, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.' I thought as I slowly sat up. 'Miss Granger, I'll thank you to remove your hands from my person.' A deep voice said. I turned to see a very haggard if somewhat annoyed Potions Master lying on the couch beside me.

I looked down at the shirt I was wearing, then at his near state of undress. 'What is Merlin's name happened last night?' I thought as I quickly went through the events of last night. I remembered fighting with him over the fact that he had see the Dark Mark on my lower back. I remembered him demanding that I remain in this room until he came back from the Headmaster's office.

I slowly backed away from him. 'You may as well have a seat Miss Granger. We have much to discuss, including the part I will now play in your attempt to seduce information out of the Dark Lord.' He said sitting up and stretching. He stood up, crossed the room, and entered his private rooms.

I contemplated dashing out the room and thought better of it. He probably had wards on all the doors and windows. I simply sat down on the couch, retrieved my iPod from my bag on the floor and hit play. “Oh sweet Merlin!” I exclaimed as I heard the first few notes. Lady Gaga was there to haunt me. I was caught, caught in bad romance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by Both Myself and SlytherinChicks123 :)

Song is Bad Romance by Lady Gaga obviously lol

Review Please? :D