Sequel: Disoriented Youth
Status: Complete

I'm Obsessed With Serial Killers

Forget the Horror Here

This is the last thing I am ever going to write to you. I thank you for hearing my story out until the end.
My name is Nyxon Zephyr, and I have killed 23 homeless people using the methods described earlier in this text.
I am not sorry for any of these murders, and I am not going to pretend that I acknowledge any wrong doings on my part, because I did what I felt compelled to, and I think that makes it right.
It could be said that we all have a life story planned out for us, and the people I killed were supposed to die when they did, and I am supposed to die right now. I don’t believe that is true, but I know it makes a lot of people feel better to think that this was all the plan of some ‘God’ pulling the strings from up in the sky.
I attribute my decisions solely to my own mind. I am only going to die right now because I want to, not because of any higher power willing me to end my time.
I suppose I’ll end this with a few last words to everyone else.
First, my brother Byron, I haven’t seen you since the family reunion, but I hope you are happy, and I hope that you aren’t too ashamed of your brother the serial killer. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to say farewell in person before doing this, but I don’t think it would have been very fulfilling anymore.
Second, to Bryce whom I used to work with… I just want to let you say ‘I told you so.’ Oddly enough, you were right about all of that demon nonsense you spouted off about, I just never listened… I guess I just didn’t realize the demons were a part of me the whole time.
Thirdly, to Mom and Dad, I am sorry. All I can say right now is that I am sorry I have failed you as a son. I hope you will remember me kindly.
Last, to Lily, if you ever read this… I don’t even know where to start with you. I loved you until the very end, Liliana, even if you were unaware this whole time. I guess I will never know if you knew, but part of me wants to say that you wouldn’t have left me like this if you did. In the end, it doesn’t really matter, you know now at any rate. I love you, and I always will, Liliana, and I really just hope you’re happy now and that you will always be happy in the future. I’m not going to say that my spirit will watch over you, or any of that stupid bullshit, because I don’t even know if spirits exist or if I’ll just be a rotting corpse. Instead, I just want you to know that my best wishes are with you as I die here tonight… Goodbye, Lily, from my end now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think you should all listen to the song Knives Out by Radiohead after reading this, just because I feel like that song captures exactly how Nyxon felt right about now.

I know the ending is abrupt, and probably seems like a cop-out, but that's how I wanted it to end.

I hope you enjoyed the story, I would really love to hear your thoughts about it.