Sequel: Disoriented Youth
Status: Complete

I'm Obsessed With Serial Killers

Epilogue

I walked next door as soon as I heard a gunshot. Really, at first I wasn't sure why I felt so compelled to check it out for myself, I could've been a normal neighbor and called the police, but the thought of Nicky being in danger overrode any sort of reasonable or childish notions I may have had about avoiding him.
I wasn't really sure what to expect as I made my way over, maybe some madman with a gun who would shoot me as soon as he saw me, or maybe it was a trigger happy cop who was making a drug bust, I mean it was only one shot. However, nothing in my mind could prepare me for what I actually found when I walked into his apartment.
The air was still and cold, the door opened with a slight creak as I entered. I found no madmen left in the house, or really any sort of threat at all. There was a splash of red on one of the walls, the color was still wet and slowly dripping down towards the floor. A corpse lie under it, a few feet away from the wall. His head was blown into a strange shape from, I assumed, the gun that still remained in his left hand, but I had no problem identifying the body as Nicky's. I knew something was wrong with him, and it scared me, but I had never imagined that it would end with me finding him like this, cold and lifeless after he felt empty enough to successfully commit suicide. Although, I suppose the discovery left me feeling a lot more depressed than it surprised me...
I found a little note left on the table, but part of me didn't even want to look at it. I just didn't want to know that Nicky was unhappy, because I always knew that he was, but I also always thought that maybe I could've fixed it if I had tried. Regardless, I wouldn't have expected to read the words I did, not ever in my lifetime...
So I destroyed it. I tore off the first half of the paper and burned the confession that Nicky, my best friend, had ever killed a person in his life (let alone 23).
Nyxon was never a monster, not in my eyes.
He shouldn't be remembered as one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt compelled to leave you with an epilogue from Lily's point of view...
I'm thinking of writing something new from her point of view. A sort of sequel, but the subject matter consisting more of trying to cope with a friend's death. Does that sound interesting at all?