Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

The beginning

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! My alarm clock buzzed at 8 A.M. sharp, like it does every morning. The annoying alarm clock was only the beginning of another lonely day.

I got out of my bed and stretched my whole, aching body. After that, I walked into the bathroom. With every step I took, the wooden flooring would creek, as if I would break through the floor someday. I entered the bathroom and took off my Vengeance University shirt. I studied my chest and face. They were covered with mattress indents. It looks painful. All of the indents look like scratches and scars.

I turned to sink knob to the right, and out came ice cold water. I cupped my hands together, and made a pong. Once that pond started to overflow, I splashed the ice water against my face. My eyes made their way to the mirror. All they saw was the reflection of a pasty, emerald-green eyed, lonely, miserable prince person. I sighed. The way I looked, I wouldn't be considered as a person. I'd fit perfectly fine under the ghost category.

I looked disgusting. I smell disgusting. I feel disgusting. Hell, I AM disgusting. I need t o take a show. I need to feel somewhat decent once in a while.

I stepped into the shower, and turned the hot water knob to its max. I felt the drips of the hot water pour onto my body. The hot water felt good against my cold skin. It gave me goosebumps. This was relaxing. As I grabbed my shampoo, I realized that I was still in my boxers. I honestly didn't care. I was enjoying my shower too much.

After ten minutes, the hot water to turn cool, and the shower space started to become stuffy and it was hard to breathe. I decided that my shower time was up. I opened the curtains and out came out steam, and tons of it. Since my mirror was steamy, I wiped a little part with my hand, and saw a clean me. I didn't look like a dirty ghost anymore.

I took a towel, and started to dry my hair quickly. I then used the towel to dry off my body. I threw on my cozy robe and started making my way towards my bedroom. I opened my closet and started browsing through my wardrobe. I decided on a light blue button up woven shirt, black skinny jeans that were slightly ripped, and of course a new pair of boxers. I quickly changed into my new, fresh clothes. I walked by my mirror and combed my hair to the side and made it look presentable. I put the comb back in its place and saw my crown. It was kept safely in its glass compartment. I rolled my eyes. I didn't give a shit about the expensive worthless piece of shit.

I grabbed my guitar, my sunglasses, and walked out onto my porch and plopped my ass onto my hammock. I rocked back and forth as I played some song and stared out into the scenery.

I stared out to the City of Evil. Black clouds covered the sun and most buildings were destroyed. It's sad how this city used to be Huntington Beach, but it quickly changed to the City of Evil once my long line of relatives came and conquered this part of the world. Since I'm the only one left in the Vengeance bloodline, that makes me prince.

Sure, being the Prince is awesome, but it also as its ups and downs. I'm here with my good friends/band mates, M.Shadows, Johnny Christ, Synyster Gates, and The Rev, and I'm in a band, and I play guitar. The negatives are that I don't go out into public very much, and that I don't have my true love, Briony McCarthy.

I met Briony a couple months ago when I was getting a coffee at a local coffee shop. She was cleaning tables and then slipped and fell. I helped her clean up all of the broken plates, and my heart fluttered. When I saw her, it was love at first sight.

Briony wasn't your average 24-year-old girl. She had black hair with several blue highlights that fell to the middle of her back, and she was also the perfect height at 5 foot 4. Her eyes though, her eyes were like no others. They were gray with tiny specks of purple.

What made me love her more was her personality. When I talked to her for a good hour, she was all bubbly and happy. I was surprised at first. I never met anyone this happy that lives in the City of Evil. Usually everyone dreads this dump.

I also found out that we have alot in common. We both listen to bands like Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and Guns N' Roses, we both have tattoos, we both play guitar on lefty flip, and we have an obsession with Tim Burton.

She seemed like the perfect girl for me, but there was just one problem. I haven't seen her since the coffee shop and I have no idea where she is.

As I kept playing my guitar more and thinking about her, I heard a knock on the glass door.

"ZV," Matt knocked on the door. I waved my hand signaling that he can come out and talk.

"Hey man, what's up?" he asked.

"Nothing. Just playing my guitar and thinking."

"About Briony?"

"Yea, I miss her so much it hurts."

"Man, I know you miss and love her, but you have to move on. What are the chances that she'll come back into your life and see here again?"

"I pray to God everyday that she does. I wish He'll answer my plea someday. I'm nothing without her."

"Whatever man. If you're just going to sit here and be mopey, then I'm out." He got up and left me all by myself.

*Matt's POV*

My god, I swear. Zacky is my best friend, but at times I can't stand him when all he's thinking about is that Briony girl. He's only seen him once, and yet he's head over heels for her. That's why I came up with the perfect plan to end Zacky's misery. It maybe hard, and only a mad man could accomplish this. Thankfully, I know one.

I walked throughout the castle to find Jimmy "The Rev" 's room

"Hey Jimmy, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"No problem-o. What's up?"

"Like everyone else in this castle, we're all tired of Vengeance's attitude, right?"

"You bring this up now, shit Sherlock? He's the most depressed person I know."

"Do you think you can do me a HUGE favor?"

"Sure."

"Remember that one girl Briony that Zacky met a while back?"

"Of course. That one chick with the gray eyes, right?"

"That's the one. I need you to go out into the City, find her, and bring her here."

"This seems like fun. Only on one condition."

"What?"

"Short shit has to come with me!"

"Fine. So you'll do it?"

"Fuck yea!" We shook our hands in agreement.

*Jimmy's POV*

I just made an agreement to go around the City, and pick up the gray-eyed chick for Vengeance, and I get to do this with my best buddy, Short Shit, aka Johnny Christ, aka Jonathan Seward. I was so happy with myself, that I started to skip around the castle, until I got to his room.

"Knock, knock."

"Jimmy, what the-" I picked him up and started to carry him into the castle's garage.

"Jimmy, what the fuck, man."

I didn't say anything. I just threw him into the back of a white van, and started to drive away recklessly.

"Well since we're all tired of Zacky being a lonely mopey ass, Shadows asked me to go out and find that gray-eyed girl Zacky's been drooling over for months."

"Then why the fuck do I have to come?"

"Because I said so. Now let's go find the new Mrs. Vengeance."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this story yet, since this is my first one in about a year. I will continue if I get good praise, and if this isn't working out, then I'm not sure. Please, please, please comment; tell me what you like, what you want to see, and what I need to work on. Thanks! -Lauren.