Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

Happy Birthday

Today is the day I turn 25, and I could really care less. I don't care about the parties, the presents, or the fact that it's my birthday. Today's the day I turn another year older, that's all. I don't see why people complain about getting older or throw big ass bashes when they get older. They need to shut up because most people go through the aging process themselves.

While randomly flipping through over a thousand channels, Zacky snuck a hug behind me. I turned around and he had this slap-happy grin on his face. He's usually never that happy; this scares me a bit.

"Why the death squeeze hug?" I asked.

"I am very, very happy because it's an exciting day. You should feel very happy, too," he replied.

"I don't feel the need to be happy. Enlighten me, what is today?"

"It's your birthday, duh!"

"How did you find out?"

"I have my sources."

"That makes you sound like a stalker. If you have anything planned for tonight, cancel it all."

"No can do. It's your birthday so you're not getting out of this."

"It's my birthday, shouldn't I be in charge on what we do today?"

"Not necessarily."

"Please tell me there's a big ass party."

"Not telling. Now go get a bathing suit on. We're going to the waterpark."

"How? There isn't any around here and the sun isn't shining."

"Excuse me, I know people who own waterparks and a place that DOES have sunshine."

"Weird. Why doesn't the sun shine here?"

"No questions." He put a finger on my lips to shush me. "Just get ready."

I followed Zacky's orders and walked into my own room. I decide on a bikini I go from Zumiez, and pair of baggy shorts, flip flops, and aviators.

"You look beautiful." Zacky kissed me.

"Are we all set?" Jimmy said while popping out of nowhere.

"Is he coming with us?" I asked.

"Yes, and he's bringing Leana. I'm sorry, he found out we're going and wouldn't stop bugging me to come, so I gave in and said yes." I swear I was never going to get alone time with Zacky. "He promised that he'd give us space and alone time."

***


The car ride was an hour long. I thought he'd be bluffing about this trip, but no, there was actually a place where the sunshined and provided a waterpark.

The first thing we did once we entered the waterpark was going on the tube rides. Some of them were simple, while others I thought were scary and was having thoughts about dying on them. On the death-trap slides, I was screaming so loud that it wasn't funny. I felt embarrassed because I'm now 25.

After we hit all the tube and body slides, our last and final attraction we had yet to hit was the wavepool, which excited me the most. I never been swimming in my life, so I think this is the closest I'll ever get to swimming. Once we got there, a buzzer went off, and the waves began to start. Jimmy started to run out into the deep ends of the pool and screamed in excitement when we caught a wave to body surf on.

"That man sometimes puts the ass in embarrassment," I noted.

"He does, but I love him anyway." Leana defended her man. Instead of questioning Jimmy, we decided to join him.

"Do you know how to swim?" Zacky asked me. I shook my head no, feeling a bit embarrassed. "I recommend to stay on a tube then. Those waves, believe it or not, can get dangerous near the deep end."

I wanted to jump through the waves or go body surfing. I guess my dreams are crushed.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll hop on a tube, just for you." He joined me.

Once I found a tube, I decided to lie on it with half my body in the water and the other half above the surface, unlike Zacky, who just sat down and got his butt stuck in the center.

The waves started pushing us further back to the deep end. This made me feel like a kid again.

"Having fun yet?" Zacky yelled.

"Hell yeah!" I screamed back. The waves began to become much bigger, which made me lose grip of the tube. I fell into six feet of water, and I don't know how to swim.

I attempted to swim back up to the surface, but the waves kept plummeting me down to the bottom of the pool. I've been under here too long, I don't think I could make it.

*Zacky's POV*


Today I took Briony to a waterpark for her birthday. She was a bit nervous at first because she had never been to one before. But by the time we hit our third tube slide, she couldn't stop smiling and was on some sort of an adrenaline rush.

Now to finish off or time here, I took her to the place where she desperately wanted to go to, the wave pool. I was concerned a little because she doesn't know how to swim, but I know she'll be fine; she's a grown woman.

While I was sitting in the tube with Bri lying in hers right next to me. I heard Jimmy screaming bloody murder, so I turned around to see what happened. Turns out he hit his head on the wall. When I brought my attention back to Bri, she was gone.

I went into panic mode. I kept searching my surroundings and found her drowning. Since non of the dumbass lifeguards didn't come to the rescue, I decided to step up and become the hero.

I quickly swam down to the bottom of the pool, locked my arms around her shoulders, and swam up. After fighting a battle with the waves, I swam to the nearest ladder and climbed up. One of the lifeguards took her away from me, lied her on the ground, and a big group of bystanders gathered around them to watch him perform the mouth-to-mouth. He did the process twice, then Briony woke up and was throwing up water.

"She's alright, everyone," the lifeguard announced and everyone applauded him for his great 'achievement'.

"Are you okay?" I ran to Briony.

She coughed, "I never want to come here again." She seemed to be in a bad mood, but I couldn't blame her.

"Here, let's take you home," I said as I picked her up.

*Briony's POV, 5 hours later*


You could say the past five hours of my first day of being 25 were life-changing to say the least. I almost met up with death at supposedly one of the most fun places in the world. That place has lifeguards that obviously don't give a damn about people.

Ever since my near-death experience, I haven't said a peep to anyone, and I want to keep it that way for the rest of the day. Once I got home, I headed straight for my room to take a peaceful nap. Hopefully, I wouldn't be disrupted with singing, presents, or surprises.

"Wakey, wakey," somebody shook me. It was Brian.

"Go away," I shooed him.

"Fine, if you won't come, I guess I'll have to bring you down myself." He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I began to punch his back, but he just kept calm and pretended like nothing's wrong.

"Surprise!" I heard everyone scream from the living room. "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Briony! Happy Birthday to you!"

"Thanks, but I said no party; not even the smallest one." I said.

"Then there would be no point for me to come and wish my best friend a happy birthday!" Jenny said as she ran and gave me a hug.

"Girly, I missed you. How did you get here?" I asked.

"I'll tell you that later. Happy birthday." She handed me a card. Inside of it was a fifty dollar gift card to American Apparel. [l]Like I needed more clothes.[/l]

"Thank you, Jenny." I hugged her once more.

"Bri, do you want cake or presents first?" Val asked.

"Presents, duh!"

"Alright, so all the clothes we bought you was from all of us basically."

"That reminds me, what did you do with my credit card?" Matt asked.

"Dear, this isn't an appropriate time to talk about this," Val said.

"She maxed it," Lacey said.

Matt had the most horrific facial expression I've ever witnessed. I could tell he wanted to cry, but not in front of his friends.

"Here, I got you a little something," Zacky said as he handed me a bouquet of a dozen red roses and a wrapped box. I opened the box and right before my eyes was a diamond heart.

"Thank you so much!" I pounced on him and gave him a kiss.

"Now, it's time for cake!" Leana announced. While she was passing out the cake, I noticed everyone took a piece, except for Zacky.

"Aren't you going to have a slice?" I asked.

"No, white cake with chocolate frosting sounds disgusting."

"Then here, try something new and expand your horizons," I said as I shoved my slice of cake onto his face. He retaliated by doing the same thing. The next thing I know, Jimmy joined in and everyone followed him. This officially started the cake war.

Cake was flying everywhere and eventually drinks came into the mix of chaos. When the war ended twenty minutes later, the living room was a pastry mess and all of us smelled like cake and alcohol. I couldn't help but laugh; we all looked ridiculous.

"I gotta go now. I'll call you later," Jenny said as she awkwardly walked out of the house.

"I'm going to take a shower," I announced and left for the bathroom. I almost made it to my destination, until I was stopped by Brian.

"Erm, hi. I got something for you. I just forgot to give it to you downstairs. Happy birthday," he said as he handed me a bracelet with Jack Skellington on it. "I know it's not the most extravagant thing in the world, but it reminded me of you."

"This is sweet of you, Brian. Thank you," I said as I gave him a small peck on the cheek. "I'm gonna take a shower now. See you later."