Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

Chicken

I woke up the next day feeling like shit and smelling like it too. I woke up with a pounding migraine, a stuffy nose, I had a puke feeling in my stomach, and I really needed to shit. I looked out the window to see gray clouds invading the California skies, and spotting the healthy non-sick people occupying the beach by either surfing, tanning, swimming, or playing Frisbee. I envied them. They weren't at home with the flu.

Due to my boredom, I shuffled my slipper- covered feet down the kitchen to see if anybody could entertain me. The girls were in the kitchen unpacking a mountain of groceries while the men were deeply concentrated on their game of Guitar Hero. Zacky was nowhere to be found.

"Well, well, well, it seems like Sleeping Beauty finally woke up and decided to join society."
Val commented while putting the last of the groceries into the pantry. "Damn girl, you look like roadkill. Are you okay?"

"Thanks for the self-esteem booster, and no. I think I woke up with the flu. Achoo!" I sneezed.

"That's a bummer. We were going to have a cookout slash pool party."

"That would explain all the food. Oh why must I always miss these fun activities?" I coughed my heart out. "By the way, where's Zacky?"

"Who knows. He's probably cooling off somewhere; hopefully not at a bar. He wasn't in the brightest mood this morning. Don't worry, he said he'll be here in time for the festivities."

"Cook beans. Well I hope all of you enjoy the party. I'm going to go back upstairs and sleep some more."

"Oh no you won't." She grabbed my hand. "I know the past several days for you have been hectic, so you should kick back and relax for a bit."

"But I can do that without disturbing everyone with my germs, infested sneezes, and coughs."

"Oh grow some lady balls and man up! The least you can do is sit in a chair and tan. No offense but you make Kasper the Friendly Ghost orange. Now go upstairs and in the medicine cabinet there should be cough drops, Tylenol, medicine, and Peptol Bismo. Then go get dressed and get your scrawny ass down here!" She said in a bitchy tone.

I followed her instructions. Val's she devil, bitchy side scared the living shit out of me. I know now to never cross that path again.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen. I spotted Matt cooking up the meat on the grill, Jimmy about to bellyflop on poor Johny, Leana, and Lacey tanning, and Zacky yelling something obscene. Before joining everyone else, I decided to grab some orange juice. You think they would have everything here. Except for orange juice. I grabbed an orange Gatorade as a substitute.

I slid open the glass door and took a sip. I was then greeted by no one, but TWO Valarys. Something was messing with my head. I solely blame the medicine or someone put something funky.

"Glad you could make it, Briony," the tow said at the same time.

"Oh G-d. There's tow of you. How? I think I'm going insane." I sat down and I felt my forehead. I felt okay, I think.

"Calm down. Bri, this is my twin sister, Michelle." said Val.

"Nice to meet you, Michelle. I usually don't act like a basket case. I'm a normal person." I awkwardly laughed. I hope she doesn't take my first impressions seriously.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a twin?" I asked.

"Never came across my mind," she said as Zacky approached with a towel in hand.

"Hello, ladies," he said as he wiped his face.

"Good," replied Val. "I'm going to leave you two alone." she left.

"You doing alright? Val told me you weren't in the dandiest mood all day," I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I guess I'm doing better. I want you to know that I'm not mad at you. It's just Brian's an idiot sometimes; he doesn't always think before he acts."

"You're forgiven," I kissed him.

"Come on now, swim with me," he said.

"I'll take a rain check on that. I caught the flu today and I feel like shit. I just want to relax some more." I attempted to walk away, but he picked me up bridal style and he jumped into the pool

"I swam back up to the surface and spit up the access water that entered my mount. "You're an ass."

"But I'm you're ass, so you love me," he cooed as he gave me a big, fat kiss on the cheek.

"Matt, I'm hungry. When's the food going to be ready?" Jimmy complained like a five year old.

"Well, I accidentally burned the first batch of burgers and dogs. My guess is between twenty to thirty minutes," he announced.

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know. Obviously you could think of something since you were having fun before."

"I call for a game of chicken! Zacky and Bri versus Brian and Michelle," Jimmy said.

"Hold on. Who said I wanted to play anyways?" I protested.

"It's either that or as a tradition in this household, you have to go streaking," he threatened me.

"Fine you win," I gave in.

"Okay you guys. The foods done," Matt announced.

"You're a lucky girl, McCarthy," We all exited the pool and gathered around the picnic table.

For the next half hour, I picked my veggie burger piece by piece and ate like a bird silently. I really didn't want to join the crowd their discussion because I felt like puking in the corner of the yard.

After everyone finished a good grilled meal made by Matt, I was the only one with a half of my burger on my plate and an unopened bag of chips. I couldn't help but notice that the other three contenders of this game were actually stretching. I guess they these games a bit too seriously here at the Vengeance Manor.

"Is there a reason why for the unnecessary stretching? The only thing you're required to do is to hold me up in your shoulders, which shouldn't be a problem." I mentioned.

"We take simple things like this too seriously. It's what we've been doing for the past several years just to make life a tad bit interesting."

"Alright, team Zacky's and team and team Brian, into the pool," Jimmy announced.

"Zacky, I don't feel so good. I think I might throw up."

"That's good. If it lands on Michelle, it could possibly give us an advantage."

"That's disgusting," I punched him in the arm.

"Ladies, get into your positions." Jimmy said. Zacky dived underwater so I could sit up on his shoulders.

"Both teams ready? On your mark, get set, go!"

Michelle and I grabbed each others hands and started going at it. It seemed like since both of us weren't budging or even wobbling, it seems like we both have equal strength. This is going to be one lengthy round.

Five minutes passed and we both were still in the same position. The boys didn't even move to the deeper end yet. I then noticed that Zacky pushed Brian, which made Michelle lose some balance. In return, he pushed back. They were both sending and receiving pushes, until punches were thrown into the mix.

What started out as a friendly game turned out out be violent. Since both of them were going at it. From what I know, Michelle and I both fell into the water. I shouldn't care about who won the game from that moment. I swam back to the surface to see Zacky and Brian wrestling each other like wild beast.

They were tackling each other, pulling hair, throwing weak punches. I would go and help stop the quarrel, but I was just too scared.

Matt and Jimmy came to the rescue, though. Matt pulled away Zacky and Jimmy pulled away Brian. I'm not sure how Jimmy managed to accomplish that feat since he's a stick compared to Brian.

On the other hand, Michelle and I were pissed to the highest degree. We both grabbed our partners' wrist and dragged their wet bodies across the kitchen and living room. We stopped in front of a hall closet, opened the door, shoved both of the boys in there, and I locked them in.

"Michelle, Bri, get us out of here!" Brian yelled from the other side.

"Not until you two figure out your differences and make up," Michelle said, "That was unacceptable of you tow to act like that. Now we'll be back in about an hour to check up."

*Zacky's POV*


After Brian and I's fight in the pool, obviously Michelle and Briony weren't exactly happy towards us. To settle this argument once and for all, the tow ladies locked us in a closet until we could compromise. The last place I wanted to be was in here.

The first ten minutes, we got nothing accomplished. We wouldn't make small talk, let alone making simple eye contact. This was going to take longer that planned.

"Listen, you and I both know that being stuck in here blows and we both want to escape. But, we can't do that until we make up. Now, I'm sorry for kissing Briony."

I cringed at the statement. I don't need to be reminded."

"I mean it with all my heart."

"I accept your apology, but I just want to know why?" I asked.

"Because I was a horny man at the time who couldn't keep his balls zipped up in his pants. I realized I know what I did was wrong and it was defiantly uncalled for. At the time, I didn't realize you loved her that much."

"I know. Hug?" I felt vulnerable at the moment so I accepted Brian's hug. Sure he maybe a manwhore, but he's still my best friend.

"No more bad blood between us?" Brian took out his hand and I gladly accepted it. It was refreshing to know we settled everything up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, long time, no update. I'm so sorry for the late update. Softball's keeping me too busy. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks to Maddie for typing this for me and for helping me get motivated to actually write.

tumblr.