Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

Like A Horror Movie

Never in my life did I want to be the reason why two men would be fighting. Never did I want to be in the center of this mess. They're risking their life just to prove their worthiness of my love. They also made a bet in which I have no possible escape route in. Whoever wins, I must love them. But how is it possible to love someone that committed a murder?

I tried composing my posture against the wall, but I still felt uncomfortable with my hand tied behind my back. Gerard still had hostage of me, and I have to be in his sight at all times, even when he's choosing his weapon.

"My pistol. I haven't seen this beauty in a while. Let's see how she works," Gerard said as he fired a bullet that barely missed my head, "after all of these years in hiding, she still aims at a direct hit. This will surely kill him in an instant. What do you think, my dear?" He showcased his gun.

"That's against the rules. You and Zacky agreed only to use knives," I protested.

"I hate to break it to you, but people lie. I just happen to be one of them. Besides, nice years finish last. If you want to anything in life, you have to play the dirty way and break a few rules.

"Now, we're going to be and not divulge our little secret." He pointed a gun under my chin and whispered into my face.

"Oh, look at the time. We shouldn't be late. If he must win, I'm not going to let him take the easy route. Frank, take the girl and make sure she doesn't talk."

*Zacky*

Life lesson learned: never ignite any sort of brawl to impress or save a girl, especially when the stakes are at extremes. Only one of us is coming out alive. If I win, I also win Briony, but I don't know if she'll still feel the same towards me after this whole catastrophy. I have never saw anyone stare into the eyes of a murderer and say I love you truthfully. If I lose, not only do I die, but I heave her in the hands of a horrible man. She'd be forced to love a monster 'til death do they part.

"I can't do this," I sat down, trying to calm myself during a panic attack.

"Yes you can. Let's look at the positives." I stopped Johnny.

"Are you mad? What positives? I could die or get away with murder. Why did I ever agree to this?" I sighed.

"You can't back down now. Don't worry, we still have your back. If you don't want to fight, we'll be happy to kill that bastard for you. As long as Briony comes back."

"I don't want to go. I feel like nauseous. I'm such a coward."

"You have to. If you don't show up, he wins without a battle.

****

7 o'clock appeared on my watch and both rivals were present. Even Briony, who stood between the two, tied up. She was the only reason why there was peace at the moment.

"Look who decided to show up. I thought you couldn't do it. Why? Because, you're weak, a coward. I know you too well, Vengeance, and I know that you're too much of a good person. This isn't you. The only reason why you're doing this is for her. What I learned in life that fighting with the good isn't much exciting. That's why there's evil people like me who come around and makes things interesting. I like to pinpoint all of your weakness and make you so angry that you have no choice but to attack me. But no, you don't have the fighter in you," Gerard whispered in my face.

My hands were tensing up and I could feel my blood boiling. I wasn't much of a fighter, and wanted to come to an agreement, but when some people take advantage of me, that's where I draw the line.

"GAHH!" I took my knife and slashed him across the face. Everyone, including myself, was certainly shocked on what I just did. Except Gerard, he was flashing a Chelsea smile.

"Now what did I tell you? Let the real games begin." He took out a gun and shot me in the shoulder immediately.

I cringed in pain and feel to the ground holding my wounded shoulder. This was my last chance.

"I forgot to mention though, I had something planned for my love tonight. Sorry for the short notice." He grabbed a resisting Briony by the hair and took off.

"You said you were a man of your word. You shook on it!" I screamed.

"Oh, Zachary, what I learned in life is that there are liars and cheaters in life. I just happen to be a man blessed with both traits." He winked and continued his getaway.

I cringed in pain. It was unbearable. Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny came to my side. Matt took off his shirt and tied it around my forearm to stop the bleeding.

"Don't worry Zacky, an ambulance is on its way," Matt reassured me.

"Why? You didn't need to bother. I'm going to die anyway. He won. If I don't have Briony, then what's the point. I can't save her now."

"That's it? You're going to surrender like this?"

"What else can I do? We don't know where they are, and I'm bleeding to death. Face it, Matt. We lost."

*Briony*

I was terrified. I felt like I was in a horror movie. Zacky's on the ground dying, and I can't help him. Then, Gerard mentions that he had something planned for me tonight. In my head, that's equivalent to a torture chamber.

After Gerard shot Zacky, he grabbed me by the hair and continued with his escape plan. He slapped across the face every time I would scream in pain. I'd rather be dying by Zacky's side than being in a position like this.

Before I knew it, we stopped, and so did the tugging of my hair. I don't know what was stopping him, until I turned around. It was Brian, and he was holding Gerard at gunpoint. Without hesitation, he shot Gerard in the head. Some of his blood and inner body parts splattered upon me. This was becoming more and more like a horror movie by the minute.

Brian untied me," You did not!" I yelled. After being in jail once, I decided that talking and not using violence was the way to be. In this situation, those rules didn't apply. It just left me scarred for life.

"It was easy. You can't trust a man like to be truthful. If you want to win at life, you have to play the game right. Dammit, I hear the police." We began to run in opposite directions.

"Other way! What do you think you're doing!" He yelled for me.

"I can't leave Zacky here alone!" He ran after me, picked me up, and ran toward the house.

"He will make it. You have to trust me."

***The Next Day***

I couldn't sleep throughout the night. What kept me up were the reoccurring nightmares of Gerard. They all felt so real. Everytime it was the same nightmare: the moment when he threatened my life at gunpoint. However, it continued in my nightmare. He pulled the trigger. Everything felt so real; the cold medal of the barrel of the pun; I could hear his sinister chuckle; I could hear the trigger click; I could feel the force of the bullet pierce my skin.

During the night I felt vulnerable without Zacky. Not once did I receive a phone call about his status. The next phone call determines the fate of his life.

While eating breakfast, Brian's phone rang.

"Hello?" He answered," how is he?"

I was so anxious that I started to hold my breathe and dig my nails into my skin. There was a long pause from him, which gave me the instinct that something was wrong.

"That's a relief. We'll be there in twenty minutes." He hung up, "everything's all right with him. He recovered from surgery and is all better. You ready to see him?"

I jumped into Brian's arms and began to cry tears of joy. God knows what would of happened if he died.

***

When we arrived into Room 207, Zacky was happy and surrounded by balloons, flowers, and his friends.

"Zacky! I'm so glad you're here!" I pushed my way through everyone and hugged him. He winced from the pain, "sorry."

"It's all right. Do you mind if I talk to Bri in private?" He asked and everyone left.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Tired and sore. My arm still hurts from surgery?"

"At least you're recovering. What was it like, being shot?"

"The most painful experience ever. Like taking a thousand needles piercing your skin."

"I'm glad you're a trooper."

"You shouldn't be concerned about me. How's the little one?"

I rubbed my belly, "it feels fine." Zacky placed his hand on my stomach and flinched.

"It moved!"

"That means the baby's kicking. It's telling you that it's alive and well."

"Pfft. I knew that."

"Does this mean we're on good terms?"

"You can forgive, but never forget. But yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, hello. Haven't been on in a while, and I apologize. I thought it was best to not dedicate my summer to writing. Bad news, the story is ending soon.

I hope you like the chapter, though.