Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

Baby Shower

*8 months later*

Time flies when everything seems to be going according to plan. Eight months has surprisingly have gone too fast since the fight where we defeated My Chemical Romance. Everything has been peaceful up until today. Today was my baby shower (even though I insisted on not having one.), and it was going to take place on one of the worst days possible, exactly seven days before my due date. To make everything worse, I do not even know more half of the people on the guest list. All the ladies planned every inch of this party, leaving me with absolutely no say in the final decisions. From what I hear, I might find out the sex of my unborn child. Everyone in this house knows the gender, except for me.

"Briony! Wake up! Today is your baby shower!" Val made an attempt to wake me up, but I would not budge. My body was exhausted from carrying this baby for eight months and all of my joints and lower back was on fire from some pain. All I wanted was to sleep in for an extra hour today.

"No," I mumbled into my pillow.

I rolled over to face her,"this is the only time in the past couple of months were I haven't had a severe pregnancy pain throughout the whole night. I am exhausted. Please, one more hour?"

"That's what you said an hour ago. Come on, we have to be there in about two hours, and we all have to get ready."

Since I wanted Val to leave me at peace, I cooperated with her and woke. The first place I went to was the bathroom and checked myself out in the mirror. My image felt disproportional. I was cursed on getting the short gene and I ended up with a belly bigger than anticipated.

***

For the next two hours, I had to take my sweet, precious time getting ready. By the time we left, I could of sworn Val was going to go psycho from being stressed out. I never seen her like this. If I were her, I would kill for a big bottle of vodka.

"Val, you know you didn't need to go through all of this stress for me. I told you numerous times, I don't need a baby shower."

"This isn't for you. It is for my unborn godchild. I would of loved to go baby shopping with your, but we all know what happened last time with Matt trusted me with a credit card," she giggled to herself quietly.

"Ouchie!" I held my back and Val stomped on the breaks.

"What's the matter? Are you going into labor?" She began to freak out again.

"No. Just a false alarm contraction."

"Don't scare me like that!"

When we arrived to a room Val rented out for the party fifteen minutes later, the place was nicely decorated with yellow, green, and white party supplies. She didn't want me to find out the gender. I was also uncomfortable being here because the place was flooded with unknown faces.

"Val, how many people did you invite? And most of them are strangers to me. What am I suppose to do?"

"You're suppose to socialize. Besides, you need to get out more and meet some friendly faces." She pushed me out into the crowd and I started to get lost. I wish Zacky was here to save me from the awkward situation, but Val made it clear to the men that they were not aloud to crash the party.

"Hey stranger," someone from behind me said.

I turned around to find my best friend, Ashlee. I almost didn't recognize her. She traded in her brown locks with blond dye, she was wearing a dress, which she never wears and always refuses to, and she was sporting a small baby belly.

"Ashlee! It's nice to see you!" I hugged her,"why didn't you tell me you were pregnant? Or engaged? Damn, I'm starting to like Jeremy a bit more. Look at this engagement ring! This is a rock!"

"I would of, but I moved to and lost all contacts."

"No kidding? You finally made it out of here. Where you at right now?"

"San Francisco. It's beautiful; the scenery's nice, people are friendly, the sun always shines. Hey, maybe once you and Zacky get married and have the baby, you should move out here. There's a house on my block and it will be perfect for a family of three like you."

I looked behind me and found all the girls and saw them laughing. I don't know if I could ever leave them after all they have done for me. However, it would be nice to have a place were it's private to just Zacky and I. I'll keep a mental note about that house.

"Okay everyone, who is ready to get the party started!" Val screamed into the microphone with a drink in hand. It seemed like someone had a little too much already.

Our first game was to guess how big my baby belly was. What started off as just guessing how many squares of toilet paper my belly was turned out to everyone dressing up as a mummy. I was starting to like this group of people a little bit more.

Throughout the rest of the hours, I started to become less shy and opened up to everyone. They were all so nice, and I made a few new friends.

"Okay, everyone. Now while you're enjoying your cake, Briony is going to open her presents with a little help from her fiancee, Zacky!" He squeaked. "And the exciting part is, she's going to find the sex of her baby!" Everyone began to squeal along with her.

"What are you doing here? Boys usually don't come to baby showers," I whispered to Zacky.

"Remember when she said she had it all under control? She called me up and asked me to help you out after she had a few drinks."

One by one, I started to begin opening presents. The first couple gifts were either toys, diapers, or gift cards. By the time I opened a present with clothes, I was ecstatic to see that I was holding a pink onesie in my hands.

"It's a girl!" I yelled loudly and everyone clapped for me.

*****

"How was the party?" Matt asked while carrying bags of pink clothes and diapers.

"Good! We had a blast, and I also made a few new friends. I'm having a girl!"

"No kidding," he whispered to himself.

"Hey Zacky, do you mind if I talk to you and Bri once we're done with unloading the car?"

"Sure."

After gathering all of my princess' items to her new room, Brian, Zacky, and I all sat down on the bed that was in the baby's room. The intensity was so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife.

"Have you two made your decision yet?" Brian asked.

"I have, and I will allow her in your life, but I don't want you to tell her that you're her father."

He was shocked and hurt,"why not? I'm her father, she should have the right to know the truth once she's older, at least."

"I don't. I don't want her thinking that it's okay to whore around someone's back, especially when you love that person." I looked at Zacky. I knew I brought up a sore subject for him.

"So that's it? She's going to treat me like an uncle?"

"That' what I was planning on."

"I'll have you know, I left my family fifteen years ago to live with my friends. I haven't had any contact with them since. She'll be the only person that's actual blood family to me. It isn't fair that I can't be included in her life! Fuck you, fuck Zacky, fuck the child, I'm going out!" He stormed out of the house and slammed the door.

In a situation like this, I didn't want to cry. Knowing my hormones were all over the place, my body made me. I didn't like seeing Brian like this. He doesn't understand how hard of a decision this was for me, and I tried to make it work for everyone. I just can't please everyone without someone getting hurt.

"Shh, it's alright, Bri. Everything's going to be alright," Zacky whispered as he cradled me into his arms.

"No, it's not. Zacky, I'm not sure if I'm ready for this baby, or any kind of pressure."

"You'll be fine. Once the baby comes, Brian will calm down, I promise you."

All of a sudden, I felt a streak of warm water racing down my leg. I was going into labor.

"Well, he better calm down soon, because I'm going into labor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, hello. I have news, there's about 3 more chapters left :( I know, I know, I'm sad too.

Well, I hope you enjoyed.