Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

Annabelle

I stared at Zacky, and in return, he gave me a blank stare. After months and months of preparation and confidence, he swore he wasn't going to freak out once the baby arrived. I guess that plan didn't fall through.

"Zacky!" I snapped,"did you not just hear me? I said my water broke! Ouch!" I felt a contraction whip my body.

"Okay, okay, meet me in the car and I'll go get the bags," he rushed me out of the house.

A couple minutes later, Zacky had everything prepared in the car and sped out of the drive way and onto the highway at a whopping 100 mph while driving recklessly. He was giving us both a heart attack.

"Zacky, you better slow the fuck down before I rip your fucking head off!" All the pain and stress was turning me into a madwoman.

"See that? That's the hospital on the left. We'll be able to check in in less than ten minutes," he reassured me.

"No, because my contractions are seven minutes apart and it kills," I winced in pain. I didn't know what I wanted anymore.

Within five minutes, we checked into the hospital. They made me strip into a hospital gown and gave me a room to stay in for a couple nights.

"Hello, Ms. McCarthy, I'm Dr. Brown. Now, I'm going to check to see how far along you are," he said. I felt completely awkward," right now you're at three centimeters, but it's too early for you to be put on the epidural. I'll come in and check on you every two hours. If you need anything, press this button."

Before he left, I pressed the button. He was annoyed because I could have just simply asked him the question.

"Yes, Mrs. Baker?"

"First, you can call me Briony. Secondly, how do you get rid of this god damned pain?'

"I would suggest an icy-hot patch or your husband here could give you a massage."

Husband. The word hit me. I looked down at my ring on the chain around my neck (since my fingers are bloated from the weight gain), and realized soon, I'm going to be married to Zacky.

"Move forward. I'm going to give you the patch and a massage," Zacky instructed me and I did as I was told.

He first applied the patch on my lower back. Then, he began my should massage. With the combination of heat and the magic of his fingers, I become less tense and felt like I was in heaven.

"Zacky, you're a miracle worker," I moaned.

"That's my job. You look sad. What's the matter?" He asked.

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about Brian. I want him here, along with everyone else."

"Do you want me to call everyone?" I shook my head yes,"give me five minutes. I'm going to be in the hall."

*Val's POV**

After everything that has happened today, I needed some alone time. I chose to isolate myself in the baby's room. I sat in a rocking chair and admired every inch of the room. This couldn't have been more perfect for Briony and (Brian's) Zacky's daughter. The walls were painted a light pink, the crib was set up nicely, and there were toys for her everywhere to play with once she got older. This room was built for a princess. The only thing that would always be missing was the sunshine. You never find that in the City.

I picked up a picture frame, and it showcased pictures of Zacky and Briony they took a couple weeks ago. They looked so happy and at peace while gloating about her belly.

While I was admiring, someone knocked on the door. It was Matt.

"Hey, babe. What's the matter? Is everything alright? I know you were stressed out earlier today," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"I was reflecting on ideas. Matt, do you remember how long we've been married for?" I asked.

"It will be four years in one month. I remembered this time," he chuckled, remembering his past mistakes.

"Look at Briony and Zacky and how happy they are. I was thinking, maybe we should expand our family soon."

"I was thinking the same thing. How about we try right now," he giggled and kissed me lightly on my head.

I turned around, jumped into his arms, and kissed him. Just as things were getting hot and heavy, Matt's phone went off.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this. It's Zacky," he interrupted,"hello?"

"You're where?....I'll get everyone and we'll be there within an hour....Sure, no problem...Alright, bye." He hung up.

"So Briony is in the hospital and wants everyone to be there. It's time."

"While you get everyone prepared to go to the hospital, I'll call Brian. I saw him storm out of here earlier, but I'm sure he doesn't want to miss this."

*Brian's POV*

"Marty, hit me up," I slurred on my speech.

After my little blow up with Zacky and Bri, I went to the local bar to take out my frustration on the alcohol. So far, it was working out fantastically. I didn't know how long I was here for, and I lost count after teen beers. On the brightside, the alcohol was numbing the pain away, and that's what really matters.

"No can do, sonny. You've had too many tonight. What's the matter?" Marty, the bartender, asked with a thick Irish accent.

"My friend is having my baby soon, and she won't let me be apart of her life!" I punched the bar and began to cry.

"Ouch, that's got to hurt."

"Yeah. She's also getting married to my best friend, and I live in the same house as them!"

"How did this all happened in the first place?"

"My friend and her broke up. We both hung out one night, got drunk, had sex without protection and bam, here comes a baby. The disgusting part is that she ran to him when she found out and he took her back! Now they're getting married soon and that bitch won't let me be involved in my child's life!"

My phone began to vibrate during the middle of my drunken rant. "What!" I answered. It was Val.

"Hey," she stumbled on her greeting. I knew I startled her a bit, "Briony's at the hospital, and she really feels bad and wants you to be there when the baby arrives."

"Okay, thanks for telling me." I hung up.

"Speaking of the devil, she's at the hospital going into labor."

"Then what are you still doing here, my lad? If this is one of the only time you can be a father to your daughter, I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity."

"And I'm not. I'll see you around Marty." I began to walk out, but instead fell face first over my own two feet.

"Do you want me to ring up a cab, because there's no way in hell I'm letting you drive behind the wheel."

"Nah. Val said she was going to pick me up." I stumbled out of the bar.

Who was I kidding? I was sober enough to drive. Sure, I was a little tipsy, but that shouldn't affect my driving.

Once I entered my car, I ignited the engine and raced out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell and onto the highway.

Trying to drive was turning out more difficult then I intended it to be. Everything was becoming a multiple blur to me. There were three roads in front of me. I tried following the road on the right, and the next thing I knew, I was driving in mid-air.

*Val's POV*

About 45 minutes later, everyone was gathered in the living room prepared for a long night at the hospital. When I arrived downstairs, everyone was arguing about who was going to hold their "niece" first.

"Since everyone's ready, we can go now." I said as I lead everyone out the door. As I opened the door, I found two policemen outside our door. One of them was getting ready to knock on the door.

"Hello, officers. Is there anything wrong?"

"Ma'am, is the Brian Haner's residence?" The taller one asked.

"Yes, he lives here. Is there anything wrong? What did he do?" I asked frantically.

"Do you mind if we talk to all of you for a second?"

"Yes. Come in."

Everyone regathered themselves into the living room. The friction in the air was tense. We were all curious to know this news.

"What happened to Brian? Is he okay?" I asked.

The policeman sighed heavily,"this isn't easy for me to say, and trust me, I didn't want to be the person to deliver the news, but Brian is dead."

Like everyone else, I was shocked. "No, that can't be right."

"We found his car in a ditch off of Highway 35. He was drinking and driving."

We all began to cry hysterically. This was suppose to be one of the happiest moments of our lives, seeing the birth of our friend's child. Now, I just want to be left alone for weeks and just cry.

"I guess I'll leave all of you at peace then. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Goodbye." Officer Smith left the house.

"Matt, I don't want to go anymore."

*Briony's POV*

"Zacky, you need to get the doctor in here now!" I screamed. It was around 2 in the morning now, and I didn't want to go through his pain anymore.

"I called him," he responded.

I was tired of doing all of this. I was in the hospital long enough and I wanted this baby out of me.

Finally after what it seemed to be forever, our doctor came in. He checked out everything to see if I was ready.

"Good news, Briony. You are now dilated at ten centimeters. Are you ready to meet your child?" he asked.

"Oh, you have no idea."

"Now, I need you to push for ten seconds. One, two, three..."

I grabbed onto Zacky's hand like I never wanted him to leave my side. Having him here next to me makes giving birth so much easier.

"We have nothing so far. Try again. One, two, three...."

We repeated this process a good three or four times. When I heard a crying baby, it was a sign of relief.

"Congratulations, Zacky and Briony, it's a girl." He handed me my daughter. I began to cry; she was too perfect.

"What are you going to name the lil' cutie?" the doctor asked.

"I like the name Annabelle Marie Baker. It has the perfect ring.

***Around 10 am***

When I woke up later in the morning around ten, I was surprised, estactic, and saddened all at the same time. I was surprised that I was now a mother, ecstatic to see my little bundle of joy, and saddened because none of my friends showed up.

"Ms. McCarthy, would like like to see your daughter?" A nurse asked me.

"Bring her in." She handed me my daughter.

She was the most precious and most valuable child ever. She had piercing blue eyes that would make you do a double-take, and had brown hair just like her mommy and daddy.

"Good morning, Princess," I cooed to her. She replied with her own gibberish language.

"Good morning. How are the most two beautiful women in my life doing?" Zacky came in alone with a bouquet of flowers.

"We are wonderful. Thank you for asking. Whoospies. We have a smelly diaper on our hands. Would you like a chance to change her. It can be your first fatherly experience." I teased.

He was skeptical about the whole idea, but he survived the torture. He was gentle around her, making sure she was at peace while getting her diaper changed. I know that he's going to be a naturally good father. He handed her back to me.

"Wow, I can't believe that you made her. She's beautiful, just like her mommy."

"Zacky please don't. Remember, we agreed that you would be her adopted daddy, so everything will be fine."

While Zacky and I admired our little Annie, everyone, excluding Brian, showed up in my room.

"Hey everyone. Nice of you to show up. What happened about last night?" I asked.

"Something, bad came up," Matt said.

"What was it? And where's Brian?" I asked.

"Brian's dead."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the spread out updates. I'm not going to lie: I'm not really feeling this story anymore, but I'll finish the story, just for you. I've also decided to add an epilogue, so there's three more chapters left. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.