Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

Intruder at the Carnival

*Briony's POV*


Tonight was one of the best nights I've had in years. I went out with Zacky, I managed to sneak a kiss from him, twice, and he showed me that meat is amazing. I can't wait for tomorrow night when he takes me to the carnival.

Once I got home, it was only 9:30 PM, yet I was overly exhausted. I made several attempts to go to sleep, but my dog, Zero, wouldn't stop barking.

"Zero, baby, please go to sleep. For mama?" I cooed. It may sound weird, but I tend to treat Zero like my child. He walked by my ever-growing movie collection, and began to whimper.

"Fine, we'll watch a movie, but only one." Zero began to bark in excitement and grabbed Rocky Horror Picture Show with this teeth. It's sad how my dog and I share a common interest when it comes to movies. I inserted the disk into my DVD player and the movie began when the cast was singing "Time Warp" for the first time.

" It's just a jump to the left.
And then a step to the right.
With your hands on your hips.
You bring you knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane
Let's do the Time Warp again.
Let's do the Time Warp again.
Let's do the Time Warp again!" I sang along with the cast and mimicked the dance movies.while enjoying myself a little too much, my TV went out.

"Goddamn it! Well, sorry boy, looks like the party's over, and now it's bedtime," I said as Zero began to whimper again, "now goodnight." I tuned off the lamp and let myself fall asleep on the couch.

*The Next Morning*


When I woke up the next day at 11 AM, I felt like complete and utter shit. I solely blame all the ribs Zacky convinced me to eat. I got up off the couch, cracked every possible muscle in my body and stretched. Today was not going to be a fun day at work.

"Good morning, Zero. You must be hungry," I picked him up and walked him to the pantry, and realized that I didn't have any dog food left.

"Fuck. I know I'll regret this, but you can have some of my food." I took out a bagel from my fridge and placed it in the toaster. Several minutes later, it popped out and I began to smoother it with cream cheese and chocolate chips.

"Here ya go." I gave Zero the bottom half of my bagel and continued eating. When I finished, I officially started my day by taking a shower, fixing my, and decided on an outfit- which was just as simple blue and white vertical striped dress with my black low-top converse. I was ready in less than in hour, and I still had another hour until I had to go to work.

"Here Zero, let's go out for a walk, shall we?" I asked when I picked him up and began to walk around the block.

"Isn't it such a semi-gorgeous day out today? You haven't been outside lately, haven't you? I'm sorry that mommy's been neglecting you. I have to work so I can keep the house. My god, I'm losing my mind. I shouldn't be carrying you on your walk, or talking to you like a family member." I put him down. "But you are one of the only people in my life. Anyways, mom finally went on a date last night." Zero began to bark uncontrollably. I bet he was thinking about Brian. "No, that wasn't him. I guess you can say he's one of my friends now, and you're suppose to pee on friends. This guy's name is Zacky. He's nice, and he makes mommy feel really happy. I promise you'll meet him one day. Ready to turn back? Mama's gotta work soon."

We turned back towards my house, where I had to drop off Zero.

"I have to go now. I promise I will be back later with some food. Bye," I shut the door and turned on my Ipod on shuffle. I chuckled a little when "I Miss You" by Blink 182 came up first. It was weird how my Ipod knew how I was feeling

About 25 minutes later, I arrived to work, and was greet by no other than Jenny.

"Hey, girly. No time, no talk. So what happened last night?" She asked.

"Good afternoon to you too. I'll tell you everything once we get situated inside," I replied to her.

I wasn't even at work for five minutes, and yet she was constantly pestering me with the same question.

"Fine, I'll tell you now. Just chill the fudge out first. Okay, so he took me out to Applebees, we watched the Bears and Packers game, and had a rib eating contest."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

"Nothing else? No or anything like that?"

"Sheesh, Jenny. It was just the first date. He never even asked me to be his girlfriend yet."

"Did you guys kiss yet?"

"I snuck in two kisses, but it wasn't like, full tongue or anything. Just two simple ones."

"I have to meet him?"

"What time are you working til?"

"5 o'clock. Why?"

"He's picking me up at 7 to take me to the local carnival."

"Awe, how sweet! Oh my gosh, I should bring Kevin and we should totally double date!"

"That's a really, really bad idea."

"Why not? This would be fun!"

"I don't like Kevin and he's an ass-wipe toward me."

"Well, behind the asshole he is, he's a big sweetheart."

"You may see that, but I don't. I also want to spend more time with him."

"Okay, fine. So how did he ask you out? I bet it was really romantic since he is the Prince and all."

"This may seem overly ridiculous, but his friends kidnapped me, then Zacky asked me."

"Buhahahaha!" She laughed, "that's the craziest shit I have ever heard! Did you have any alcohol last night?"

"No, I swear. You know that I don't drink."

"Bullshit. Does your head hurt?"

"Yea, but-"

"Then that means your hungover, sweetie. Man, first he turns you into a meat lover and now he has you drinking again. Sheesh, who knew a man could completely change you in one night!" She wasn't going to give me a chance to explain.

*6 hours later*


After six long hours of serving other people and receiving complaints on how I'm a slow person when it comes to making coffee, but shift was finally over and now I was awaiting for my date to arrive.

"You seem head over heals right now," my co-worker, Brad, mentioned.

"I am. I'm going on a date and he should be out here any moment," I said.

"Good for you. I know you needed to get out, girly. Have fun tonight," he said as I heard a honk coming from outside.

"Well, that's him. See you tomorrow," I said as I left work and headed to the black Escalate.

"Hey, what's up?" Zacky greeted me.

"Nothin' much. Work was a bitch, again. I hate it there. Yourself?"

"I did nothing basically. They only thing the guys and I did today was go on a search to find Brian. We still have yet to find him."

"Where do you think he would be?"

"We checked all local bars and police departments. He's been arrested several times for doing stupid shit like this."

"I'm sorry. So are you ready to have some fun tonight?"

"If there's ride, games, and cotton candy, then fuck yeah I'm up for it. Man, I'm so excited. I haven't been to a carnival since, well, last summer."

"I haven't been to one since I was 13, and not because of my parents."

"How come?"

"I use to be very, very anti-social. Is that is over there?"

"You guessed correctly," he said as he parked the car, and we heard a moaning sound coming from the trunk.

"Where am I?" Brian asked.

"Holy shit, dude! How the fuck did you get in here?" Zacky screamed.

"I'm not sure. I don't remember a thing. So where are we?" Brian slurred. Clearly, he was somewhat drunk.

"Briony and I were just about to go to the carnival. Do you want to come if Briony doesn't mind?"

"I have no problem with it. What's the worst that could go wrong?" I said.

"You two won't even know I'm here," Brian said as Zacky and I walked out of the car and he rolled out of the trunk.

When we entered the carnival, I couldn't believe my eyes. The bright lights, the rides, and the smell of fatty foods calling my name, and all of the little kids and grown ups screaming in joy brought back many memories of my childhood when I used to come here. Now I could only think about creating memories with Zacky here.

"So what do you want to do first?" Zacky asked me.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! I think we should go to that thing!" Brian slurred and pointed to the milk bottle game.

"I love that game!" I announced.

"Then let's play," Zacky said as we walked over to the game, "which animal do you want me to win for you?"

"I'll like to see you try and win the pink unicorn, but you'll never get it," I said.

"Watch me," Zacky said as he bought three baseballs. All three times he missed.

"Here, watch and learn from the pro," I said as I bought some baseball, and knocked down all three milk bottles on the first try.

"Congratulations, miss. You can have any prize you want," the worker said as I faced Zacky.

"Can I pretty please have the blue elephant?" Zacky pouted and flashed the puppy dog eyes.

"Here you go," the worker handed me my prize. It was now Brian's turn.

"Three balls," he said as he stumbled up to the stand. The first try he threw the ball to the ground. The second try he just missed the top bottle. The third try he missed, again.

"Goddamn it, motherfucker, why can't I win at this fu-" Brian kept on murmuring to himself.

*Zacky's POV*


"Hey Brian, can I talk to you privately for a second?" I asked Brian as I took him off to the side, "do you mind if I take Briony on the sky ride for a while?"

"How come?"

"Well, I want to spend some alone time with her, if that's okay with you."

"What am I suppose to do then?"

"You can do whatever you want. It's a carnival, have some fun. Just stay local and don't get into legal trouble, okay?"

"I'll be at the bar if you need me."

"Thanks so much man."
♠ ♠ ♠
The snowpocalypse is happening right now. I didn't give it that name, the weathermen did.

I also wrote a one-shot long, long ago, and decided to finally post it. It's a Mikey Way one-shot and you can check it out here