Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chapter 12

My alarm clock beeped loudly the next morning, waking me from my slumber. I turned on my right side, towards the window, partially slamming my hand down on it to make it stop.

I sighed, a voice making me jump at me not knowing he was there.

“Rise and shine. We have those tours to do today”, Nick said gently, looking at me from his bed.

He was fully clothed in black jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and black and white Converses. I was in my blue shorts, and large, blue Quicksilver shirt. I looked back at the clock, it reading 8:00. I groaned, leaning back onto my sheets.

We had to begin the tours at 10, but I wanted to be ready early and obviously, so did Nick. I pulled my comforter off of me, not caring about Nick’s wandering eyes.

I ran a hand through my messy hair, walking absentmindedly to the bathroom when Nick stopped me.

“Oh. Your phone went off a few times while you were asleep”, he said casually.

I shot him a skeptical look causing him to raise his arms defensively.

“I didn’t read anything. I promise”, he said honestly.

I glared at him before making a U-turn, grabbing my phone off of the bedside table before heading into the bathroom.

When I checked my phone, I had three new text messages. The first one was from Vic.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE MY SHIT ON THE FIRST FLOOR?! TELL NICK WE NEED TO TALK ASAP!

I rolled my eyes before responding.

It was in good hands, Vic. And what did you expect us to do? Sit around and wait forever for you?!

I hit the send button before reading the next text which was from Mel.

So, how did everything go with the dorm arrangements? Are we roommates this year, too?

I sighed deeply before replying back to her.

Not exactly. There weren’t any extra dorms and there seemed to be a mix-up, so, I have to dorm in one of the co-ed ones.

I hit the send button, my phone beeping again, but I knew the text was from Vic. I ignored it, and instead read the third message which was from Jake.

Hey, beautiful. How’s everything? Hope you’re settled into your new dorm and everything. Again, please don’t kill Nick and Vic until we get there. ;)

I laughed lightly, but felt a blush creeping onto my face. Jake called me beautiful? This was getting a little weird. I opened Vic’s text, getting upset by the second.

I expected NICK to wait for me since he’s my boyfriend, but I’m surprised he went along with leaving my stuff there, too. Where are you guys’ dorms?

I scoffed before answering.

What does it matter to you? You’re just going to bitch, moan, and complain at us, right?

My phone beeped once more, signaling I’d gotten another text from someone. It was Mel again.

One of the co-ed ones? Who’s your new roommate? Is it a new hottie?

I laughed, it quickly fading as I realized my sudden predicament. Mel was going to be pissed if she knew it was Nick, but what choice did I have?

I decided it was best if I didn’t answer her right away and instead, brushed my teeth and combed my hair for the day. I parted it straight down the middle before I exited the bathroom, a nervous-looking Nick greeting my eye.

He stood, approaching me, biting his lip before he spoke.

“Uh, if you want, I can go downstairs and get some breakfast for us. Have you heard from Vic?” he asked.

I groaned slightly, nodding in return.

“Yeah. She’s upset at us leaving her stuff on the first floor instead of guarding it like some slaves or something”, I replied, waving my hand at the matter.

I walked to my closet, grabbing this before I walked into the bathroom again, shutting the door behind me.

Once I finished getting dressed, I walked out, Nick in this. I gaped at him for a minute before speaking.

“I also got a text from Mel. She wants to know who I’m rooming with”, I added, trying to get my mind off of Nick’s arm muscles.

He grabbed his phone, stuffing it into his pocket as he then grabbed his key and wallet.

“Did you tell her?” he asked in a serious tone.

“No”, I answered simply. “I-I don’t know how to tell her. I know how she’d react, but I don’t know how to tell her”, I admitted.

I grabbed my things, too, stuffing my phone and wallet into my back pockets, heading to the door as Nick did the same.

Nick quickly grabbed my key, handing it to me before we exited the room.



We walked in silence until we reached the cafeteria downstairs. I ordered a sausage biscuit with an orange juice and Nick did the same.

We chose to sit at the table farthest from everyone in the room, but closest to the doors, eating in silence as the minutes slowly ticked by. By the time I was finished with my sausage biscuit, I spoke, not able to take the silence anymore.

“Say something”, I begged.

“What should I say?” he asked, raising a brow at me.

“I don’t know! Anything, really”, I admitted, balling up my trash before taking another sip of my juice.

“Well, I know Vic is mad at me for leaving her stuff. You don’t want to tell Mel we’re roommates because it’ll upset her and we have a tour to do in less than an hour. I don’t know what to say, really”, he said, sighing afterwards.

“I don’t know..I’m going to perform a song tomorrow”, I said, trying to lighten the mood.

“Really?” he asked in shock.

“Yeah. I’ve been inspired lately and I just wanted to do it again”, I said, remembering back to when I performed Haunted back in April.

“It’s not about me, is it?” he asked, teasing me.

“No”, I laughed.

But our laughter soon faded as my phone rung, tearing my thoughts from the current situation. I answered it, sighing after I saw the name Vic flashing on my screen.

“What is it, Vic?” I asked.

“I’ve been calling Nick for over an hour! Tell him to answer me! Where are you guys?” she asked, practically yelling in my ear.

I was taken aback by the news, but recomposed myself before answering.

“Um, you need to lower your voice so I don’t lose my hearing”, I said in an annoyed tone.

“OK”, she began in a lower tone, “where’s Nick? Why hasn’t he answered my calls and texts?” she asked.

I sighed before looking at him, putting her on mute before I spoke to him.

“What does she mean you’re ignoring her?” I asked, raising a brow at him.

He sighed, staring away from me. I sighed, too, unmuting Vic before speaking to her.

“I don’t know. I’ll get him to call you later, OK?” I asked, not wanting to deal with her any longer.

“OK. Bye”, she said reluctantly before hanging up on me.

I rolled my eyes before hanging up myself, staring intensely at Nick. He looked back at me for a second before grabbing my trash and throwing it away. I stood, following him, my heels click-clacking on the tile floor.

“Um, why have you been ignoring Vic?” I repeated.

He sighed before speaking to me.

“Can we go outside and talk about this? I need some air”, he said, practically begging slightly in his voice.

I nodded, caving entirely as I led the way outside the doors once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update for a while, guys. I hope I'll see a lot of comments when I return for the next update which should be in a couple of weeks.

I also hope to have a lot more chapters written/typed up. :)

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.