Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chapter 19

My phone alarm went off, signaling I had to wake up, but it was futile since I hadn’t really slept the previous night. I couldn’t stop thinking about how I hung up on Nick like that.

Our conversation went through my mind again as I thought everything over.

I really don’t want any trouble or drama this year.

I took my pillow, burying my face in it as his words echoed through my ears as though time were repeating itself.

“What is wrong with me?!” I exclaimed to no one in particular.

I had to know how I was breaking from the cold-hearted bitch to this girl who cares about anything but me. What was I to do? What could make me change?

I grabbed some clothes, then walked to my bathroom to change out of my pajamas as I began to run the shower to shower.

What was I supposed to do? Should I trust Nick enough to let him share a dorm with my sister, his ex, no less?

I allowed the water to completely wet my hair as I got lost in my thoughts. Did I love Nick enough to trust him around Rose? Yes, I did. Did I trust that nothing would happen between them? Nope, not at all.

There was only one thing I could do; choose. I had to choose between popularity and Nick. Nick didn’t like the fact that I disrespected him and Rose in front of my cheerleading friends, but if Nick and I went public with the school, then everyone would notice, right?

I brushed the thoughts away as I bathed, only to end up pondering more thoughts.

What if I could have it both ways? Change and keep my popularity? I could respect Nick and be a bitch, too!

I smiled as I turned off the shower, drying off before I put on the outfit I chose. But as quickly as my smile appeared, it faded as I thought of another matter. Rose.

Nick would never let me be mean to Rose since he’d have no choice but to deal with it on a daily basis since their roommates and all. But how could I avoid that?

What if I’m nice to Rose and her friends, too? Then, that’ll make Nick happy! But what about my ground rules?

Could I stick to those with Nick being Rose’s roommate? Partially.

Hopefully, they’ll just get sick of one another and end up not talking to each other by the end of the year.

My phone rung, interrupting my thoughts. I read the ID, it indicating that that girl from last night was calling again. I rolled my eyes before answering.

“Hello?” I asked in a bored tone.

“Vicky! The girls and I need you downstairs in ten! We need to practice!” she exclaimed excitedly.

“Alright, I’ll be down in a minute. Where are we meeting at?” I asked.

“Um, the gym, Vic. Where else would we meet at?” she asked.

“Well, I need to eat first-”, I began, but she cut across me.

“Oooh! How about a breakfast thing?” she asked.

“Sounds great”, I replied as my stomach growled.

“‘Kay! See you later!” she said in a cheerful tone.

“See you!” I replied just as cheerfully, hanging up as I groaned, plopping down in my bed.

I grabbed my purse, keys, makeup and other items, stashing them all in the bag before exiting my dorm.



“And then I was like, ‘Oh my gosh! We need to call Vic and get her down here!’ and so, here you are!” Becky, one of the brunette cheerleaders whom is a Senior this year, too finished.

She was recalling the story she rambled to me on and on about how she and the rest of the team had been up since 7 whereas I got up at 8 and they decided to call and did a billion other things before then. I blocked most of the story out, laughing with them as they giggled after Becky’s rant at my smiling face.

“So, who were those two nobodies yesterday?” a blond named Ashley asked me.

I kind of choked on my orange juice at her question as they all stared at me waiting for me to respond.

“Uh, the girl’s name is Rose, my twin sister”, I answered.

All of their eyes widened at my statement, but I continued.

“The guy’s name is Nick”, I added, not adding anything else.

“Wow. Are they, like, together?” Cassie asked in awe and intrigue.

I felt my mouth twitch at the very irony of the situation.

“No, they’re not. I’m-”, I began, but Becky cut across me.

“Oh my God. Speak of the hot devil”, she said only loud enough for the group to hear.

Nick and Rose made it to the door of the cafeteria as Nick held the door open for Rose and they entered, Rose saying something I couldn’t hear to him.

They walked to the McDonald’s line, all of our eyes following the pair.

“Ugh, why is Rose with him?” Ashley asked in a disgusted and suspicious tone.

The girls and I exchanged looks as we stared at Nick and Rose again. Rose had ordered a sausage biscuit with an orange juice while Nick ordered a McGriddle, hash brown patty, and an orange juice. They sat at the same table I occupied with them last year as they began talking causing my group to begin chattering.

“OK, someone needs to get a hold of that boy ‘cause he is FINE!” Bethany gushed, biting her lip at him.

“Vic, you should go for it!” Becky coaxed.

“You see, the thing is, I’m dating him”, I replied with pride as they gasped before smiling and congratulating me.

“Oh my gosh! So, is he a good kisser?” one of the under-classmen asked.

“I don’t kiss and tell”, I said with a wink, smiling as I welcomed the praise I was getting from these idiots.

My eyes scanned Nick and Rose’s table and I saw it empty. Where the hell did they go? When did they leave?

I hadn’t realized how much time had passed after the many questions they’d asked. A bad feeling crept into me as I thought about Nick and Rose. Unfortunately, Cassie asked the very question I knew everyone was wondering.

“Wait, so if you’re dating Nick, then why isn’t he over here with us? And why aren’t you in Rose’s shoes having breakfast with him instead of her?” she asked, catching me off guard.

“They’re close friends”, I answered, feeling my anger rise in me.

“They seem like a little bit too close”, Ashley commented, getting stares from me and the others.

“What?” she asked, receiving another round of looks.

“I’m just saying if Nick was really devoted to you, he would have come over here, kissed you, and said good morning to us, right, girls?” she asked, getting nods of the head from them.

“Have you ever thought that maybe he didn’t see us?” I asked uncontrollably.

“Um, hello? Have can anyone miss an entire two tables pushed together with nothing but girls sitting here?” Bethany asked with a brow raised.

I rolled my eyes at what they were implying.

“So, what are you saying? Nick’s being unfaithful or something?” I asked in an icy tone.

“N-No, Vic. It’s just”, Cassie began, staring at the girls as they nodded, urging her to continue, “we don’t trust Rose.”

“Why not?” I asked, folding my arms across my chest, unknowingly intimidating them.

“Well, for Nick and Rose to be ‘friends’, they get along too well. It’s kind of as though they’ve been together at one point or another, right?” Becky asked, getting nods as well as verbal agreements from the girls.

“I know Nick better than any of you! It’s not like that! Nick loves me! He wants to be with only me!” I exclaimed.

Silence fell over us as I spoke, not even a pin drop sounded.

“If I ever hear a peep out of any of you about this again, I’m spilling all of the dirt I have on all of you to the whole school. We clear?” I threatened.

They nodded in agreement as I grabbed my purse, exiting the cafeteria, them following behind me.



After practice in the gym which was about an hour long, I decided to call Nick. The girl’s words were starting to nag at me and I had to do something about it once and for all.

“Hello?” Nick asked, taking my breath away that I almost forgot what I was calling for. I quickly regained my voice and spoke.

“Hey, Nick. Is Rose with you?” I asked, biting my lip afterward as I exited the gym door, heading to the dorm building.

“Yes, I’m with Rose right now”, he answered.

“OK. Where’s your dorm located? I want to talk to you guys”, I replied, scratching my head as a breeze blew.

“Where is our dorm? Uh...We’ll just meet you downstairs in five, OK?” he said uncertainly.

“Five minutes? Why five minutes? Why can’t you just tell me and I come up there?” I asked slightly hurt and angrily.

“Because I don’t want you bothering Rose while we share dorms this year”, he answered as though it were obvious.

“Bothering Rose? How will I bother Rose? Is there something you’re doing that you’re not supposed to be doing?” I asked worriedly.

What would make Nick say all of this? Why was he saying all of this?

“Vic, please don’t say that, OK? I’m still mad at you for not even telling your cheerleading friends I’m your boyfriend and for calling Rose and I dweebs”, he answered.

“I’m sorry, Nick!” I got out, tears filling my eyes.

“Apologizing isn’t going to do anything, Vic”, he said in a cold tone.

“But I said I was sorry! I’ll change, I promise, Nick! You have to believe me!” I cried, the tears falling from my eyes.

“Actions speak louder than words and empty words are useless”, he concluded before I heard a click indicating he’d hung up.

“Nick? Nick! Please!” I cried, pulling the phone from my ear as I stared at it, watching my screen turn from green to red.

“Fuck!” I exclaimed, hitting my palm against the brick building, but it didn’t hurt.

Why couldn’t anyone believe me? Why couldn’t I just change? I try so hard to make things work and now…

I sniffed, wiping my eyes, jumping as a voice scared me.

“Vic? What-?” Jake said questionably too shocked to do anything but stare at me crying.

“Just leave me alone, Jake, alright?” I asked, brushing past him.

He shrugged, and then continued wherever he was going up the stairs to the higher floors.

I didn’t think anymore of the matter as I walked to the student lounge knowing what I was going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Supah early update. lol

I'm celebrating because I found out yesterday that I'll be able to start the Fall Term on time! :D

So, in honor of that, I'm updating!

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.

Oh! Another new story will be out probably next week. It's an original/fan-fiction and YES it has Nick Jonas in it.

If you're interested, the link is here.

Again, please don't forget to comment and subscribe. :D