Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chapter 27

The following Friday for Jake and I’s date arrived and needless to say, I still couldn’t get Nick out of my head. It was crazy! Ever since the Saturday when Nick and I made love, then kissed, we haven’t touched each other like that again.

Believe me when I say it’s not because we want to, either. We both know I need to figure things out whether that’ll torture us with the lack of physical intimacy we both long for.

Of course, I had told Mel everything that happened, but she’s been trying to get my mind off of Nick for the entire week. I tried doing the same.

But it was difficult; more difficult than I thought it would be. Hell, the guy was my fucking roommate! It’s not like I could avoid him.

Anyway, I saw Vic throughout the week as well. Unfortunately, her cheerleading friends found out about she and Nick breaking up and they were giving me evil glares everywhere I went.

Currently, however, I was in my dorm with Mel. Nick had gone off to “get some fresh air” and of course, Jake was waiting for me to get ready.

“What about this one?” Mel asked, pulling out an outfit from Nick and I’s closet.

“No. I want something casual. Not something that says jump my bones,” I said with a sigh.

With Nick, I wanted to dress up for, but it was sort of nice for a change to just be casual for once.

“Well, what about this?” Mel asked, putting a few of my clothes together.

“Wow!” I exclaimed in shock.

“Casual and fine for you”, she said with a proud smile.

“Thanks, Mel”, I said gratefully, heading to the bathroom to change.

Just as I closed the door, my phone’s ringtone went off.

“Is that a call?” I asked.

“No. You just have a text from Nick!” she called back.

My heart began racing just as I finished putting the heels on. I opened the door, walking to my phone as Mel merely smiled at me.

I checked my phone reading his text.

Hey, beautiful. Have a great time tonight, alright? I’ll be away so you and Jake can have your time to be together, OK? Text me later.

I smiled, getting ready to respond to him, but decided against it as I placed my phone in my back pocket sighing deeply.

Mel smiled sympathetically at me.

“Just relax and have fun,” she said for the umpteenth time today.

I nodded, jumping at Jake’s knock at the door. I walked to the door, straightening my outfit as the butterflies erupted in my stomach.

Mel ran to the bathroom going to her position we agreed on. Mel was going to wait for me in my dorm until I got back to make sure Nick didn’t follow me if he came back.

I grabbed my keys, then my wallet before opening the door revealing Jake.

Oh my damn. I guess Jake worked out throughout the week or something, but he looked…..indescribable.

I shook the thoughts away as a smiled crept onto my face as well as a blush as Jake checked me out for a few seconds before speaking.

“Hi, Rose,” he said nervously.

A light laugh escaped me before I spoke as well.

“Hi, Jake”, I said in a low tone.

“So, you ready?” he asked with an arm outstretched for me to lace.

I nodded my head in agreement as I stepped over the threshold, locking the door behind me before lacing an arm with his as we proceeded down the steps once more.



We arrived to the school parking lot where a black car waited for us. My mouth opened slightly at the extent Jake was going to.

We were going to leave the campus for our date!

“Impressed?” he asked with a polite laugh.

“Very,” I admitted, walking to the right side of the car.

Like a gentleman, Jake opened the door as well as closed it for me causing me to bite my lip before he got in the car himself.

“So, where are we going?” I asked, a little giddy from Jake already.

He smiled as a real laugh escaped him before speaking.

“You’ll find out soon”, he said, teasingly.

I huffed playfully before putting my seatbelt on as he did the same. After that, Jake pulled out a blindfold.

“Oh, come on!” I exclaimed in a slightly upset tone.

“I’m sorry, Rosie, but it’s what I do”, he replied. I could imagine the smirk on his face.

He started up the engine and we were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, guys! This is probably my last update for about a good week or two.

Remember, I have up until Chapter 35 typed up/written so if you want more updates, then please comment.

I'm trying to build up my star count on this site for the story, but I have no idea how that even works so a lot of comments are greatly appreciated.

Anyways, see you guys later in about a week or so! Please don't forget to comment and subscribe!