Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chapter 37

I didn’t wanna say I’m sorry for breakin’ us apart,
I didn’t wanna say it was my fault, even though I knew it was
I didn’t wanna call you back cause I knew that I was wrong,
Yeah, I knew I was wrong

One and the same never the change,
Our love was beautiful

We had it all, destined to fall,
Our love was tragical!

Wanted to call
no need to fight!
You know I wouldn’t lie!
but tonight, we’ll leave it on the line
Listen, baby!

I stared at Joe weirdly while he only stared at me. I raised a brow just as the spotlight landed on Nick in the audience whom had a microphone, approaching the stage.

Never would have said forever,
If you knew it’d end so fast!

Why did you say I love you
If you knew that it wouldn’t last?

Baby, I just can’t hear what you’re sayin’
The line is breakin’ up

Or is that just us?
Or is that just us?!


We all began singing in unison, Kevin even appearing behind us as he rocked out on the guitar.

One and the same never to change,
Our love was beautiful

We had it all, destined to fall,
Our love was tragical!

Wanted to call
no need to fight!
You know I wouldn’t lie!
but tonight, we’ll leave it on the line

The music decreased in intensity as Joe and I sung together.

I try to call again and get your mailbox
Like a letter left unread

Apologies are often open-ended,
But this was better left unsaid!

It increased in intensity again just as we sung our hearts out to the crowd.

One and the same never the change,
Our love was beautifuuul
We had it all, destined to fall,
Our love was tragical!

Wanted to call
No need to fight!
You know I wouldn’t lie!
but tonight, we’ll leave it on the line

I walked over to Nick whom was standing next to me, singing to him.

We’ll leave it on the li-ine!

He soon caught on and sung, too.

Yeah! Oh, yeah!
We’ll leave it on the line toniiiight!

I sung, the song coming to an end. The crowd cheered their loudest as we took semi-heavy breaths staring at one another. This was what I wanted. I wanted to be with Nick and I was going to make it known to him today.

We walked off of the stage back to our friends; Jake standing with his arms folded waiting for me before he took me by the hand, leading me outside away from everyone. He led me to Nick and I’s tree, a sigh as well as protests escaping my lips before he spoke.

“What the hell, Rose?!” he asked incredulously.

I rolled my eyes before placing my hands on my hips as I responded.

“What?” I asked in the same tone.

“You-Nick-Joe-and Kevin,” he stammered trying to get his anger under control, but failed.

“It’s a song, Jake. We’re singers. We have to sing together at some point-,” I began, but he cut across me.

“That’s bullshit, Rose and you know it! Joe did that to see how you and Nick would interact with each other and it worked!” he ranted.

An annoyed sigh escaped me before I spoke.

“What? Why would he do that?” I asked in skepticism.

“Because he wants you and Nick back together!” he answered as though it were obvious.

We stood in silence for a moment before I spoke.

“Well, I had fun. It was something I had never done before and-to be honest, I liked it,” I admitted staring at him.

“Y-you liked it? Where is this coming from? What about us?” he asked in desperation.

I bit my lip before I answered.

“Jake-,” I began, but he cut across me.

“No, I don’t want to hear you say that! I’ve worked so hard for you to give me a chance and when you do, you end up choosing him anyway! It’s like everything I did was for nothing,” he said sadder than ever.

Another sigh escaped me as guilt filled me.

“Jake, there’s just something Nick and I have that you and I will never have,” I said in an honest tone, but it seemed a little harsh.

Jake thought so, too for he responded in anger.

“Like what, Rose? Yeah, he sings and plays instruments and stuff, but he’s broken your heart and made you spill more tears than you ever should. You want this guy who chose and fell for your sister-your bitchy, manipulative, spiteful twin sister and you want him back?!” he spat glaring at me.

I closed my eyes at his words as I took a deep breath.

“I know he chose Vic over me and the fact that she and I are two different people is bad enough, but the reality is, I love him. Even through all of that, I know that by the end of the day, I’m the one Nick wants to be with. I’m the one who’s on his thoughts every day and-to be honest, he’s the one who’s on my mind just as much if not more,” I said in a shaky tone as tears began filling my eyes in happiness.

I was finally admitting to someone how I truly felt about Nick and it felt fantastic.

“I don’t know for sure if he’ll hurt me like that again, but I have faith and I trust him-I’m trusting my instincts. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Don’t think that I’m walking into something without weighing my options. I’m stronger, smarter, and wiser than I was before,” I continued.

Jake didn’t speak for a few moments, but quickly did.

“You’re an idiot, Rose,” he said in a cold tone. I stared at him as my eyes stung with fresh tears.

“You’re the one who can’t accept what I’m saying,” I retorted, sniffing afterwards.

“No. You’re right. I can’t accept it, but I understand it. You’ll regret your decision and when that day comes, I don’t know if I’ll be there to pick up your pieces again. You’ll be broken and alone when Nick breaks your heart again,” he concluded before walking away from me towards his dorm.

I fell to my knees, the sounds of footsteps approaching and leaving filling my ears. The familiar scent of Nick’s cologne filled my nose as he embraced me in a hug. No doubt, he knew something had happened, but didn’t know what exactly it was.

“It’s OK, Rosie. It’s gonna be OK,” he said comfortingly, rocking me back and forth as he held me.

I cried as I clung to him, but I wasn’t hurt from what happened. I was hurt by the doubt Jake had in me-the words he’d finally said.

But still, even as I cried, I was happy about my decision, but what was to come was a whole different story.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song was On the Line by Demi Lovato featuring the Jonas Brothers.

Hi, lovelies! :D

Wow! It's been a while since I updated this story. Sorry about that. The term is coming to an end so I'll hopefully be updating this story more often. Do you guys see the change between Rose and Jake now? There's a lot of drama in store for this story which is nowhere near finished yet.

Please, please, please check out my newest story called Before the Fame. I'd love some feedback for it.

As always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.