Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chaoter 39

-Vic’s POV-
Same night of Nick’s game


Nick still hadn’t called me or anything since I texted him on the first day of school. From what I heard, he had officially given up on Rose whom was an obvious mess since then.

Every day she would spend her days either in class or her dorm besides the usual eating in the cafeteria, but it was obvious to me that she was upset about it.

I was getting ready to cheer since Nick’s game was to start in a few minutes, but my mind wasn’t on the game. It was on Jake.

Why Jake one may ask? Well, he was sort of turning into a spy. No matter where Nick went, Jake tried going, too even if it meant to his baseball practices after school.

It was pathetic, Jake’s jealousy was, but at the same time, I knew how he felt. The girls around me fixed my hair into soft curls as my hair was in a high and now curly ponytail. One of them tied a ribbon in my hair as I grabbed my pom-poms before heading outside.

We acted enthusiastic before and during the game, but at the start, our attention was diverted to the players as they came out from another part of the gym. My eyes met Nick’s as he swiftly diverted them elsewhere causing me to get pissed.

I bit my lip and continued cheering as I soon saw his eyes searching the crowd as though he were looking for someone. He continued doing this until he found whomever he was looking for at the final home run winning the game.

Confused, I followed his gaze before he broke contact with whomever it was, my eyes landing on Rose. The green monster roared within me as I stormed off to the side just as the game ended. Once I entered the changing room again, I threw my pom-poms to the ground before letting out a loud, angry groan.

I took my hair out of the ponytail, shaking it down as I changed back into my original outfit. I stormed out of the building before any of the other girls could catch up with me before heading to the lounge before most of the people even arrived.

A deep sigh escaped me as I ran a hand through my hair. I was so angry! As the people started filing in, my eyes landed on Mel, Jake, Joe, Nick, Rose, and Nick’s other friends and family whom had flown in to watch his game.

I decided it best to stay hidden from everyone so I stayed behind many people until I was entirely obscured from their visions as I watched the performances for the night.

Ms. Thorne came up to the stage and said her usual bit every now and then, but the final performance really surprised me.

“Our very own veteran, Joe Jonas and Rosalina Sanchez!” she cried before I began to hyperventilate.

“Are you alright, Vic?” one of the girls asked as they finally found out where I was.

I couldn’t speak, I only pointed towards the stage as the crowd cheered for them. Rose and Joe? Why were Rose and Joe going to perform a duet together? Were they dating now? What was going on?

“Um, what is she doing on stage? And isn’t that Nick’s brother?” the same girl asked just before another girl spoke.

“Oh my gosh! What a whore!” she exclaimed.

Everyone erupted in silent chatter as he spoke to Rose, but none of us could hear. Their conversation shortly ceased as they each held a mic, but Joe spoke into his.

“Hey, guys! How’s everyone doing tonight?!” he asked excitedly to the crowd.

They responded with positive, excited cheers while I folded my arms across my chest.

“I’m sure you guys know the lovely Rose,” he began, the crowd agreeing with cheers as well as a few whistles.

The girls and I all rolled our eyes before scoffing just as he began to speak again.

“Well, this is her first time performing a duet here obviously so we’re going to sing this song together. Don’t get any ideas, though,” he said jokingly.

The crowd laughed in response even some of the girls I was with laughed.

“Alright. This song is called On the Line,” he said in a soft tone.

The music started as Joe didn’t bother staring at the teleprompter while Rose did. I had to admit as much as I didn’t want to, they sounded great together, but by the second verse, my jealousy took over as the spotlight went to Nick and he soon joined in the song.

I was pissed again! The smile that appeared on his lips as he approached her remained there for the rest of the performance even when the song ended causing me to storm out of the lounge, the girls following me as I headed to my dorm.

Once I reached the first floor, I turned to them.

“STOP FOLLOWING ME!” I bellowed. They halted as I walked inside, unlocking my door before collapsing onto the floor as I cried.

I felt so pathetic. I was crying because Nick was happy with Rose, but was it real? Was he actually happy with her-happier than he was with me? The thought only made me cry even more.

It wasn’t until I was almost finished getting my tears out when my phone rung. I checked the ID, the name Jacob flashing on my screen.

I sniffed before answering it.

“What are you calling me for?” I asked, wiping my tears away.

“I called to make a deal with you,” he answered blatantly.

My mouth dropped open at his words before speaking a few moments later.

“A deal? Why?” I asked sitting up straighter.

“Rose just dumped me and she finally chose Nick. I want to get revenge,” he said in the same tone as before.

“Are you serious?” I asked incredulously. I didn’t know whether he was doing this to plot against me or what.

“I’m not going to betray you, Vic. I’m sure you want your revenge, too, right?” he asked striking a nerve.

“For Nick breaking up with me for Rose, of course I want revenge!” I exclaimed heatedly.

“Well, let’s work together and break them up. I’ll call you in the morning with a plan,” he replied.

“OK. Bye,” I concluded before hanging up entirely.

Was this it? Was this the silver lining I was looking for? I changed into slutty pajamas before climbing into bed when a knock sounded at my door.

I opened it revealing the same person I talked to some minutes previously.

“Jake?” I asked, but he didn’t answer.

He only stepped over the threshold, closing the door behind me as he placed his lips onto mine. His hands touched my butt as his breathing increased turning me on. I kissed him back, running my hands through his hair as he picked me up and began kissing my neck.

From that point on, I didn’t bother asking anymore questions as we gave into each other. We needed one another for our diabolical plan and if this bonus was going to be added to it, then I was going to enjoy every single minute of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.