Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chapter 41

After we got settled in, Mel and I decided to take a walk to get a taste of the outdoors. We were away from school and our problems minus Vic, but overall, we were enjoying our time.

We went to the lake deciding to sit on the dock and just took in the silence. It was fantastic to say the least.

“This is beautiful,” she gushed in awe.

“I know, right?” I replied staring at the water as a fish dived back down into the water causing me to chuckle a little.

“You think there’s going to be trouble while we’re here?” I asked my mind on Vic.

“I don’t think Vic has the guts to do anything while we’re out here, you know?” Mel asked.

I nodded, but began to think otherwise.

“What if she does, though?” I asked not letting my guard down for Vic.

“Rose, Vic’s been beaten and pretty much slapped in the face by reality. Nick broke up with her for you and you guys are finally happy. What else could happen?” she asked with a brow raised.

I didn’t want to put my guard down, but from Mel’s words, I had more hope than I could. It was comforting to hear someone say that.

“You know, Nick and I haven’t really talked about that,” I said cautiously causing Mel to shoot me a look.

“That must mean he’s taking precautions already just like you were worrying,” she answered.

“I don’t want this. I don’t want to constantly be on guard because of Vic,” I admitted.

“Well, you can only do one of two things,” Mel began staring at me. I stared at her as her words gained my complete and absolute attention.

“You can either stay living in anxiety for Vic to strike back or you can live happily with Nick and just not care about her,” she said blatantly.

A sigh escaped me as I stared back at the water the words repeating in my mind. Determined to do this right, I responded after what seemed like hours.

“I choose to not care about Vic and live happily with Nick,” I answered causing Mel to side-hug me comfortingly before she squealed a little.

“That’s my girl!” she exclaimed happily.

In places no one will find,
All your feelings so deep inside.
It was then that I realized
That forever was in your eyes
The moment I saw you cry


I answered my phone, Nick flashing on my caller ID causing me to smile.

“Hey, baby,” I said happily.

“Hey, babe. Dinner will be soon. Can’t wait to see you,” he said just as happily.

“I can’t wait to see you, too. Thanks for telling me,” I replied.

“No problem. See ya,” he said casually.

“See you soon,” I concluded before hanging up. Mel stared at me with this look on her face that spelled “Awh”.

I blushed just as she spoke.

“Awwhhhhhhh!” she exclaimed happily. I shook my head as we both stood lacing arms together as we walked towards the cabin again.



When we met up with Nick a couple of minutes later, he hugged Mel first and then greeted me with a soft peck on the lips as a smile covered his as he pulled away. We walked to the dining area to eat. We picked up our own meals Nick choosing steak, green beans and mashed potatoes whereas I chose the same except switching the green beans for carrots. Mel however chose baked chicken, broccoli, carrots and rice. We smiled content with our choices as we sat down at a table that had five chairs at it.

Just as we began digging in, Megan and Mark walked over causing my attention to divert to them. They smiled small smiles (Mark’s being a nervous one) before Megan spoke.

“Hi, um, do you mind if we sit here?” she asked nervously but had a smile that wasn’t forced.

Nick’s eyes quickly scanned the room, but it was me whom answered her.

“Sure,” I said in a kind tone. Megan’s smile grew before she gladly took the seat before thanking us repeatedly.

Mark sat down, too and we began eating. When we were all getting a few bites in, Megan spoke again.

“I’m sorry if this seems a little random. We had nowhere else to sit and since we have class together, we thought it’d be fine if we sat with you,” she admitted.

“It’s fine. Why wouldn’t it be?” Nick asked in a slightly confused tone with a polite chuckle.

“Well, most of the people are kind of taking sides with the whole feud between you guys and Victoria,” Mark answered.

“As long as you’re not one of those idiots whom believe everything Vic says, its fine,” Mel said blatantly.

Megan and Mark laughed in unison before Megan spoke.

“Absolutely not. She’s so full of herself that it’s not even funny!” she exclaimed in a low tone.

Nick, Mel, and I laughed in unison at this.

“You don’t know the half of it!” I said causing the group to stare at me.

“What do you mean?” Mark asked.

I glanced at Mel and then Nick both of whom nodded in approval.

“Victoria is my twin sister and the reason why she has a grudge against me is because of everything that’s happened between us and this guy,” I slightly joked pointing to Nick whom smirked, but shot me a look.

“What happened?” Megan asked.

“We should probably discuss this after dinner,” Mel said staring at another table. I followed her gaze realizing Vic was sitting with her usual bimbos, but all of them were staring at us including Megan and Mark.

Soon enough, our group followed our stares and stared back at them causing Mark to scoff.

“I think you’re right, um,” he began, but stopped.

“Melanie, but I prefer Mel. Either one is fine,” she said causing me to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” she asked me, but I shook my head at her.

“Nothing,” I answered remembering the first day I met Nick.

Victoria hit my left arm, regaining my attention, my eyes meeting her green ones.

“What are you staring at?” she whispered harshly.

I rolled my eyes once more.

“Nothing”, I said, not wanting to continue this conversation.

“It's something. Tell me”, she demanded.

“I don't have to tell you anything”, I replied coldly.

Victoria pursed her lips as a smirk formed quickly afterward. Oh, no. what's her idea this time?

“Well, I guess you don't mind introducing me to him”, she said, dragging me towards him.

I wouldn't mind, WHAT?!

She pulled me over towards the boy, letting go of my arm once we were a foot from him. His eyes snapped to us, seeing as he was looking at my blue, identical suitcases.

“Hi, I'm Victoria, but you can call me Vicky or Vic. I like either one”, she began with a hand outstretched and a flirtatious smile.

“Hey. I'm Nick”, he said with a smile.

Victoria giggled. Ugh. I rolled my eyes again. They shook hands.

“So, I want to thank you for helping my sister with the door. I was a little preoccupied with the form, you see”, she explained, batting her eyes a little as she let go of his hand.

“It was no problem, really”, he replied. Vic shot me a look I sighed.

“Hey. I'm Rosalina, but you can call me Rose. Either one is fine”, I said in a monotone with my right hand outstretched.

Nick held out his hand again and shook, a tingle shooting through my hand. Our eyes trailed from our hands as our eyes met for a second time. I was... surprised. Why did that happen?


I guess Nick remembered, too because a chuckle escaped him as well. Our eyes met, but we didn’t speak to one another. It was funny to see the confused look on the others faces, but we only shook our heads at them deciding to quickly finish eating.

Once that was done, we headed outside to do more walking since the guys didn’t do it earlier. Megan sighed happily as we went to the dock again her, Mel, and Mark sitting while Nick and I stood.

Nick laced hands with me as he pulled me really close to his right side me wrapping that same hand and arm around his torso while he wrapped his right around my small frame.

“I remembered it, too,” he whispered sending shivers down my spine.

I smiled kissing his lips gently as he kissed back just as much when Mark spoke.

“So, what happened between you guys? Weren’t you, Nick dating Victoria at one point?” he asked in confusion.

This time Mel, Nick, and I sighed in unison.

“Might as well tell them everything,” Mel said staring out at the water.

“Yeah,” Nick agreed scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Our eyes met again before shrugged explaining everything that happened with me taking over at some parts. When we finished Megan and Mark stared at us open-mouthed in shock before laughing slightly.

“Wow! That was a long, semi-complex story,” Megan joked.

“It was worse to experience, but I’m glad things ended up the way they did in the end,” I said in an honest tone.

“So now you have to watch out for Vic since she could be planning something diabolical against you guys? Way to go, Nick,” Mark said with sarcasm and a teasing manner, but we knew he was serious at the same time.

“It’s not his fault! It’s Vic’s! She should back off of them instead of keeping them worried like this,” Megan retorted defensively.

“That’s true. But think about Vic’s perspective for a second. After all of the work she put into getting Nick only to end up losing again to Rose would cause anyone to get upset and plot revenge,” he replied making a good point.

“But not to the extent that she’s put Rose and Nick through! It’s just not right! She wouldn’t like it if anyone did the things she’s done to them to her so why do it to them in the first place?” she retorted also making a good point.

“In the end, Vic is diabolical in her own way. She doesn’t care about any of that. She only cares about getting even, even if it means going to the extremes,” I said in a serious tone.

Their eyes as well as Mel and Nick’s landed on me before I spoke again.

“I’m not going to put my guard down, but I’m not going to be miserable because of her. Nick and I are happy and are together again and that’s all that matters to me,” I said in the same tone.

Smiles formed on the others faces as one soon formed on my own.

“What?” I asked as Nick lightly squeezed my hip, but it was Megan whom spoke first.

“You’ve really matured a lot even through it all,” she said with a smile. I raised a brow in confusion as Mark took over.

“Not many people would have the courage or strength as you do is what she’s saying,” he explained.

“Well, after everything it’s sort of what’s kept me going, you know?” I asked.

“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” Mel said with a smile. I smiled as I blushed at their words.

Suddenly, the bell to signal we had to go back rung.

“Awh! Do we have to go back now?” Megan whined causing Mel to look at her wide-eyed.

“I just thought the exact same thing!” she said causing the two to start walking as they led the way.

“Girls,” Mark mumbled following next, but Nick and I stood rooted to the spot.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” he asked as we began to walk in unison.

“Why?” I asked out of curiosity.

“You’re so strong and have such determination. It’s kind of sexy, but very attractive at the same time,” he answered coolly.

A laugh escaped me before I decided to speak.

“Yeah, sure this is sexy,” I teased. Nick kissed my temple before speaking again.

“It sure as hell is,” he whispered in the same tone as he did earlier causing me to get turned on.

But even through it all, the night was sadly ended with us girls departing from the boys as we headed back to our room, Megan, Mel, and I talking until we fell asleep my mind on the special night we had on his birthday.

A smile covered my lips as I thought of him and our happiness. I could only hope that would last until the end of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! This is the last update I have for this story. Hopefully I'll be able to write some more very soon.

If I don't update sooner, then check out my other fan-fiction called Before the Fame.

Anyways, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.

By the way, I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song is Cry by Mandy Moore.