Status: Second Main Story; Very slowly Active

Now It's My Time to Strike Back

Chapter 44

Naturally, Nick led us to our tree. It was then that he spoke.

“I’m sorry about fighting Jake, but I didn’t have a choice. It was bound to happen eventually,” he admitted with a hint of shame in his voice.

“I know. Resorting to violence is never the answer, but didn’t it all seem strange to you?” I asked.

“What seemed strange?” he asked tilting his head a little to his right.

“I mean, normally Jake wouldn’t have tried to pick a fight like that and even so, it was kind of random,” I began staring slowly back at Nick seeing as my eyes drifted down towards my feet.

It was almost as though a light bulb clicked in Nick’s mind before he spoke.

“Yeah, but he’s probably just jealous because you chose me, you know?” he asked as though he were trying to convince himself of the matter more than me.

I nodded in comprehension realizing the current predicament.

“When does your detention start?” I asked out of curiosity as I took a seat under the tree.

Nick mimicked my actions and sat down as well.

“Today right after school. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to see you as regularly for the week,” he answered giving me a guilty look.

This caused me to bite my lip, but accepted it all the same.

“We should probably head to class,” I said abruptly remembering we’d missed first period and second was about to start.

“Yeah we should,” he agreed.

I took a couple of steps after standing before Nick stopped me as he grabbed my arm gently and turned me to face him.

“Are you OK with that?” he asked in a concerned tone.

We stared into each other’s eyes trying to read one another. I could tell Nick was worried about what could possibly happen to me while he would be away for the evenings, but I was more concerned about whatever Vic tried threatening him with. However, I shook the thoughts away just as I nodded my head plastering a fake smile on my lips.

“Yeah!” I answered enthusiastically.

A small smile covered Nick’s lips as he swiftly leaned in and gently placed a passionate, gentle kiss on my own causing all thoughts in my mind to cease as it became clouded for the moment. When he pulled away all too soon, we both had goofy smiles on our lips and he soon laced hands with my right one before leading the way to our Pre-Cal class just as the bell rung ending first period.



The day carried on normally as it would have had almost as though the fight between Nick and Jake never happened, but swiftly after second period and into lunch, our group started receiving stares from all of the other Jocks and popular Seniors in the cafeteria. After we went into the Subway line, to get our food, we sighed quietly once we reached our usual table it being occupied with the addition of Megan and Mark.

“What is with everyone?” Mel asked glaring back at everyone who stared at us as we ate.

“It’s all over the school,” Mark answered taking glances here and there towards the on-lookers.

“News of the fight has spread that fast?!” Mel asked in a harsh whisper.

“Of course! We’re all Seniors, but now it seems like we’re being targeted because of Jake and Vic’s connections,” Megan answered rolling her eyes at Vic’s table full of cheerleaders and Jocks.

“Vic seriously needs to get over the break-up,” Nick said suddenly, but jerked out of the way as a football came zooming towards our table knocking our drinks over as we stood up to avoid the drinks from getting on our uniforms any further.

The Jocks and Populars laughed in unison as the rest of the room didn’t, but stared at us even more.

“Hey!” Nick said standing up, glaring at the rest.

Jake was amongst them, but smiled all the same.

“Watch where you throw that!” Nick exclaimed, picking up the ball and throwing it back towards the others where a Jock (impressed by Nick’s throw) caught it easily. (Mind you, Nick was actually trying to aim for Jake, but changed his mind and threw it to the person next to him.)

Jake, upset by this decided to speak.

“Whatever, Jonas. It was just an accident,” he answered nonchalantly.

Nick exhaled hard, but I pulled him back giving him a knowing look. He walked away to get some napkins with Mark following him as Mel and I moved everything off of the table that was soaked and separated everything that wasn’t into the dry chairs.

Megan walked off to throw the soaked things into the garbage. Let’s just say we didn’t return to the cafeteria that day until dinner.

Third and fourth period passed by quickly with slightly more harassment from some other Seniors, but nothing as intense as it was during lunch.

Somehow the school day was over, but Megan, Mark, and Mel decided to stay with me until Nick got back from detention. It was currently after 4 meaning Nick wouldn’t be back for another hour doing who knows what as his punishment, but I couldn’t stop worrying about things.

“That was some random douche move by Jake,” Mark grumbled as we were all doing Math homework.

“It was entirely unnecessary!” I exclaimed angrier than ever.

An idea came to me as I finished the assignment I was working on before putting my things away. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my keys and cell phone before walking to the door when Mel’s voice stopped me.

“And just where are you going? Going to take a break without us?” she asked.

“No. I was just going to look around and maybe get something to eat,” I answered casually.

“OK. Have fun,” she said before getting back to her homework. I slipped out of the room quietly then down the stairs as my mind was racing.

I had to talk to Vic about this. Just what was she up to?

Just as quickly as I thought about the matter, my feet had already carried me to her door as I froze. What was I going to do now?

Another few seconds passed before I decided to just knock when suddenly the door flew open revealing Vic in her cheerleading shorts and some t-shirt a bag on her shoulder as her hair was in a high ponytail. We stared at one another before she rolled her eyes.

“Stupid twin thing,” she mumbled to herself instead of me, but quickly asked, “What do you want?” in an annoyed tone.

“What are you planning?” I asked quickly regaining my confidence from her reaction.

“What are you talking about?” she countered, but I wasn’t buying it.

“Cut the crap! I know you threatened Nick about something so what is it?” I asked folding my arms across my chest.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” she tried, but I cut across her again.

“If it’s anything to make Nick look bad to the student body, I suggest you put a rest to the rumors right now,” I said in a stern tone.

“Really? And just what are you going to do about it if it is a rumor?” she challenged.

“Just stop it, OK?! I’m not going to deal with it anymore!” I exclaimed heatedly.

She stared blankly at me before slight shock was expressed on her face.

“I’m sick of this constant bullshit between the three of us, especially between you and I over Nick. It’s done, it’s over with so why can’t you just move on?” I asked causing Vic to scoff.

“Move on? Move on?! Why can’t I move on, you ask?” she asked catching me off guard.

I stared giving her a look before she spoke after a moment’s pause.

“I can’t move on because it’s your fault why Nick and I aren’t together anymore,” she answered.

My fault? How is it my fault?” I asked incredulously.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe if you just would have kept your feelings to yourself and let Nick move on, none of this would have happened! He and I would have ruled the school together, but you had to let your feelings get into the mix and not change rooms with him. It’s sad, really,” she rambled ticking me off.

“Let’s get something straight here: It was Nick who came onto me about his feelings with the past and everything. I tried not to let my feelings control my actions, but they did and I’m sorry you got hurt in the process, but the reality is, Vic, if it was meant for you and Nick to stay together, you two would have had. In the end, the only person who can’t accept that fact is you,” I concluded before turning on my heel and walking away from her entirely.

It wasn’t until I reached the entrance door to that floor when Vic’s voice filled the air.

“From this point on, you’re dead to me. You’ll regret speaking to me like that, Rose! You’ll see!” she cried.

I allowed my feet to carry me back to my dorm room without so much as a backwards glance, but even as the night wore on, I couldn’t shake Vic’s words out of my mind. She was obviously going to try to plan something big and it was up to me and Nick as well as the gang to prepare ourselves for whatever she had coming next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Extremely long, but VERY, VERY important.

I'm sorry about the long wait. I've had problems in my life and preoccupations with school (college) and everything so again, I apologize for the long hiatus-wait.

Hopefully I'll be able to update within a couple of weeks, but since SE3 and JONAS Goes to London are the only stories being updated semi-regularly decreases the chances of this story getting updated just as often.

Anyways, please don't forget to recommend, comment, and subscribe.