Status: Set in season five. A part of the story The Usual Suspects

A Supernatural New Year

Minutes to Midnight

Sarah Singer didn’t care that she was in some cheap motel room on New Year’s Eve. The one thing she did care about was she was staying in the cheap hotel room with two of her favourite people. She laughed at Dean Winchester who was drunk or at least close to being drunk dancing to rock and roll music. Sam Winchester was drinking a beer beside her on the bed with an amused look on his face. Both Sam and Sarah were at least half drunk.

“Come on Sammy and Sarah, dance with me,” Dean called out grabbing Sarah off of the bed.

“Can you give me like two minutes,” Sarah smiled back at the man who started dancing circles around her.

“Aw, come on,” he replied.

“I have to pee Dean blame the alcohol,” she spoke.

“Of course, it goes right through you,” he then forced Sam off the bed, “come on Sammy, it’s New Years Eve, let’s party like its 1999.”

A little tipsy she managed to make it to the bathroom without hitting the floor. While washing her hands she couldn’t help but hear another voice coming from the room outside. A big smile appeared on her face, it was an angel, her favourite one at that. She ran out and gave the angel a big hug.

“Castiel, Cas, glad you could make it to our lovely little shindig have a beer,” she let go smiling.

The angel looked at her tilting his head slightly.

“Yes,” he replied, “I thought I’d see first hand how humans celebrate a new year,” he looked back at Sarah, “what is a shindig?”

Sarah laughed, “Cas a shindig is a party, here,” she said handing him a beer, “have a drink.”

He opened the bottle slowly and began to watch the girl in front of him take off and dance with Dean. A part of him wanted her to be dancing with him even though he knew it was wrong. After the song was over Sarah changed it over to the radio, much to a protesting Dean.

“Hey,” she pointed a finger in Dean’s chest, “we’ve got five minutes until its tomorrow and a brand new year, I at least want to count it down in style.”

“Fine,” he replied, “have it your way boss.”

Five minutes later Cas watched the Winchester brothers and Sarah count down as soon as they hit one Cas felt a warm set of lips collide with his. When the kisser pulled back he saw Sarah with a big smile on her face. He tilted his head once again to the side and squinted.

“That’s such an adorable look on you Cas,” she laughed, “kissing someone as soon as the clock hits midnight is a tradition here, I thought you watched us?”

“I do,” he replied, “I wasn’t expecting you to do it.”

“That’s the point,” she said.

Sarah then proceeded to walk over to Sam and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and did the same thing to Dean who was all but falling down. A phone rang which Sam answered.

“Hey Bobby, happy new year to you too, yeah she’s here still she’s trying to keep him from passing out, yeah I’ll get her,” he went on to help Sarah put Dean on the bed two feet away from them where he proceeded to pass out.

“Hey dad,” she said into the receiver when she took the phone from Sam, “same to you dad, I’ll see you within the week. Love you too, be safe, goodnight.”

At that moment Dean sat back up, “here’s to a new year of killing more sons of bitches,” then passed back out.

“Well,” Cas cleared his throat, “I must be leaving.”

“See you Cas,” Sarah spoke before giving him a hug, “don’t be a stranger.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a Supernatural story in the works and this may just be a seperate chapter of the story