Status: Being wrote slowly.

And If Heaven Wants to Take Us, They Can Try

They're coming

It was around two in the morning and it was my turn to keep watch for the dreaded Dracs. As I sat there letting the chilled night air wrap around me, I hummed quietly. It was a tune long forgotten by others, but still fresh on my mind. You see, not too long before the end came, Maria and I had just started a band. We had an album out and were getting ready for tour when this happened. 'Its just a memory now' I thought sadly as I finished the song. Sighing quietly, I went back on full alert. I was cold and tired, but had to do this if I wanted the Killjoys trust. We both did. It was now just a waiting game to see what Gerard wanted to do with us. The loners of the group.I sighed and leaned against the old gas station lightly, so I didn't wake anyone. 
I apparently did. I heard the gas station door open and watched as Maria stepped out. I nodded towards her in acknowledgement and she came over to stand by me.
"What's up?" she asked
"The sky" I joked. She grinned
"Smart-ass"
"Always" I replied "but honestly, thinking about the band. I miss it" she nodded.
"Yea. We were doing pretty well."
"We were. You think our friends are watching over us?" I asked looking up towards the sky. Maria shrugged.
"I guess they could be. Depends on your view" Nodding, I went back to looking at the sky, as did Maria. 
It had been very dull the past few nights. Dracs usually never attack at night. They can never see with those masks on. But tonight, it was different. The usually calm, windless, cold nights were alive tonight. Thats when I heard it in the distance. The faint hum of the motorcycles. I had to move fast. I ran to the door and opened it.
"Guys! Dacs coming in from the east! Zone 10, I think!" I yelled. everyone but Maria looked at me weird. Apparently they didnt know the government added new zones.
Even though they were confused, they still got up and got they're guns and ran outside. Perfect timing too. The Dracs had just arrived. It was time to fight.
Or so we thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
XM