Status: For subscribed readers, don't freak out and think this isn't the story you've been reading! It is same story but I just made a new updated layout! It just looks different, but I promise it has the same chapters and story;)

Summer Waves and Crashing Days

I Just Want You To Remember Me

“Matt?” I said softly as we lay in his bed still in our pajamas. Well, technically Matt wasn’t in pajamas, he was shirtless with boxers on.

“Yes?” he said looking down at where I rest my chin against his chest, looking up at him.

I bit my lip before I answered.

“We only have three days left.” I whispered, my voice wavering with the lump that was in my throat.

“I know.” He whispered back. Then he closed his eyes, gently taking the back of my head in his hand and bringing me closer to him, kissing my forehead.

“I don’t want to leave.” I said as I looked up at him, sadly.

He rolled us so that I was laying flat on my back and he was on his side, hovering over me.

“Sophia.” He whispered, and at that moment I knew I was in love with him, and that he loved me back. The way he said my name, as if it were the most fragile thing in the world, it was amazing. “I don’t want you to leave either. But it will only be one year. Then you’ll be out of high school and free to go to whatever college you want. I’ll transfer to wherever you decide to go. We’ll be together.”

“You’d really do that?” I whispered, smiling up at him.

“Yes. I would do anything for you, Sophia.” There he went saying my name again. My heart sped up.

“What if I decided to go to college in…Florida?”

His face lit up with excitement.

“Yeah, I guess.” He said smiling, “I hear they have great schools there.”

“Yeah, not only that, but the weather’s always nice, and I met this guy there.” I said closing my eyes and smiling. “He’s amazing.” I said breathing out and opening my eyes.

“Yeah? What’s he like?” he asked, smiling down at me and playing along.

“Well, he has the most adorable smile, and whenever he smiles his eyes twinkle. He has an amazing body.” He chuckled as I said that.

“Really?”

“Oh, the best. He definitely works out.”

“Well, I met this girl there, but she’s from Ohio.”

“Yeah?” I asked smiling at him.

“Yeah. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She’s strong and independent, but she’s so amazingly wonderful. She knows just what to say all the time. She has the sexiest voice and she is the worlds best kisser.”

“Hmm, she sounds like a keeper.” I said smirking.

“Oh, she is. And that’s exactly what I’m planning on doing with her. Keeping her, forever.” He said, smiling down at me and kissing me softly on the lips.

Just then, his phone rang sounding off some stupid heavy metal song. He decided to ignore the call but I took his phone from him.

~

“What are you doing?” I asked her as she messed around with my phone.

“Oh, nothing.” She said smiling. Just as she did so, music began to play from my phone.

“Is that..?” I asked her, trailing off knowing she knew what I meant. It was the song we danced to at the party, When I Look At You.

“Yep. It’s our song.” She said, her smile beaming. “I bought it as a ringtone for you.” She said smiling.

“Gee, thanks, I just love having a Miley Cryrus ringtone.” I said sarcastically.

We laid back and she set my phone on the night stand, then settled into the nook of my arm, her head on my chest.

“So now,” she said softly, “when someone calls you, even if it’s not me, you’ll think of me.” She said quietly.

“What’s wrong, Sophia?” I asked her, putting my free hand on her cheek to make her look up at me.

“I just want you to remember me.” She whispered, tears brimming her eyes.

I leaned down and kissed her softly, oh so softly, on the lips.

“I won’t need any help with remembering you, Sophia. I couldn’t forget you if I tried.” She smiled slightly. “And trust me, I’m not trying to forget you.”

“I love you.” She whispered, closing her eyes and laying her head back down on my chest.

“I love you,” I whispered back, “more than you’ll ever know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to try and update again soon!