Status: For subscribed readers, don't freak out and think this isn't the story you've been reading! It is same story but I just made a new updated layout! It just looks different, but I promise it has the same chapters and story;)

Summer Waves and Crashing Days

Is Sophia Here?

Amber’s Point of View

How dare Sophia leave me at school! We were supposed to drive back home together, she’s damn lucky someone else drove me to my house.

When I got here I took my sweet time getting ready for Sophia’s house. I knew she hated being home alone, so I was just going to make her suffer for leaving me at school.

Finally, at about five o’clock I decided to drive over there, I was shocked when I saw her mom’s car in the driveway, but not hers.

I walked up the steps and rang the doorbell.

“Hello, Amber.” Her mother said smiling as she opened the door for me, letting me in.

“Hi Mrs. Dyme, I’m shocked that your home so early.” I said, trying to make conversation.

“We were overstaffed today, so since I’ve worked there so long, they let me have the rest of the day off.” She said smiling.

“Is Sophia here?” I asked, since I didn’t see her around.

“No, actually. She left me a note saying that she missed Matt too much and was going to see him. She said she’d call me when her flight landed, but she hasn’t called yet, so I am starting to get worried.”

“Oh,” I said, hoping my friend was okay. “well---” I was going to say I’d go home, but just then the telephone rang.

I dropped my things by the door and walked into the kitchen with Sophia’s mom, where she picked up the phone.

“Hello?” Mrs. Dyme said. “Yes, this is she.” She said, her eyebrows pulled together, confused. “S-she…What?” she said as a sob made its way out of her throat. I became worried. “Is she okay?” she asked desperately. “O-Okay, I-I guess I will head there. Thank you.”

She hung up the phone and burst into tears, falling to the ground in a heap.

“Mrs. Dyme!” I said rushing to the woman’s side and wrapping my arms around her, trying to comfort her.

“W-what’s wrong?” I asked, worried that something happened to Sophia.

Mrs. Dyme, the strong woman I have always known her to be, and who has lost the love of her life and as known too much loss for being so young, looked up at me with tears absolutely gushing down her cheeks.

“Sophia’s plane went down.” She said, trying to keep a steady voice.

My face paled as she told me the rest, and I fell back on my butt. The world seemed to be closing in around me as I realized that my best friend in the entire world, my sister, could die.

I began to weep, and then realized that Matt didn’t know.

Still crying, I stood up and ran to my bags, leaving Mrs. Dyme still crying on the floor.

I picked up my phone and dialed Matt’s number.

“Amber?” Matt answered, no doubt wondering why I was calling him.

I tried to keep a steady voice, like Sophia’s mom did. I tried, I really did. But I wasn’t that strong.

“M-M-Matt.” I said, crying and blubbering.

“What, Amber, are you okay?”

“No…I-It’s Sophia.” And even though I was on the phone with him, I could hear him stop breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jeeze, what does a girl have to do to get some comments on here? I've already posted four chapters, TODAY! Please comment!