Status: For subscribed readers, don't freak out and think this isn't the story you've been reading! It is same story but I just made a new updated layout! It just looks different, but I promise it has the same chapters and story;)

Summer Waves and Crashing Days

Why Won't You Just Let Me ***ing See Her?

The next day, Mrs. Dyme and I made sure to be up bright and early so that we could go to the hospital and see Sophia.

As we walked into the hospital I began to wring my hands in front of me, in worry.

I didn’t have much time to worry, though, because as soon as we walked in I saw two figures near the front desk. The first was a tall guy hunched over it, seeming frustrated with Teresa, who was manning the desk. The second was another tall guy standing beside the first, trying to calm him down.

I don’t know whether it was the mind numbing heartache I was feeling or what, but it took me far too long to realize who the two men were.

But I finally realized it, when I heard the first speak.

“I don’t understand why you just won’t let me fucking speak to her!” Matt shouted.

“Sir, stop yelling at me. But I need proof that you are somehow related to Sophia before I let you in.”

“I am her boyfriend! Why can’t you just believe me?!”

“BLAKE!” I yelled from the other side of the waiting room.

He turned and a smile lit up his face when he saw me.

Just for a moment I forgot about the sadness that I was currently supposed to feel, and just let my happiness take over. I sprinted into his open arms and let him catch me.

“I missed you so much.” I whispered into his ear as he lifted me slightly off the ground.

“I missed you more.” He whispered back to me.

I wanted to say more. I wanted to tell him that I loved him, since neither of us had said it officially yet. I wanted to let him know that I love him more than life itself, but I couldn’t, because next to me Matt was fuming, and trying to get to see his girlfriend.

But by the time I was out of Blake’s arms and turned around, Mrs. Dyme was already telling Teresa that Matt was indeed Sophia’s boyfriend and that he was allowed to see her.

But first, of course, Mrs. Dyme went and saw her first.

Blake, Matt, and I all sat in the waiting room, my head resting on Blake’s shoulder and our hands entwined as Matt sat with his head in his hands, and his elbows on his knees as he stared at the floor.

“How did you guys get here so fast?” I asked the two of them, and wasn’t surprised when Blake was the one to answer.

He shrugged, “We just didn’t make any stops. We took it a straight shot, and made it here in fourteen hours.”

After that our conversation died down, no one really wanted to speak at a time like this.

After what felt like days but had just been an hour, Mrs. Dyme came into the waiting room and gave the next person the okay to go in.

Matt looked at me pleadingly.

I bit my lip. I wanted to see her so bad. My best friend.

Contemplating what to do, I turned to Mrs. Dyme, all of us standing up and looking at one another.

“Is she okay?” I asked her.

“Yes.” She said, trying to smile through her tears. “Just sleeping.”

Of course she would call it that, it was better than saying, “Just in a coma.”

I sighed and turned to Matt.

“You go.” I said to him, smiling slightly. “I know that if it were Blake in there I’d be dieing to see him. Go ahead, I’ll go in and see her later.”

He just grinned at me, gave me a quick hug, thanking me, and quickly sprinted away to go and find Sophia’s room.

“You two can stay here if you’d like, but I think I am going to go and talk to Teresa.” Mrs. Dyme said, and then she was walking toward the desk.

“Come on.” I whispered to Blake, grabbing his hand and leading him outside.

Around the side of the hospital was a beautiful garden for patients of the hospital and grieving family members of the hospital. I knew because Sophia and I had spent a lot of time there together when Sophia’s dad was in the hospital with cancer.

Thankfully, there weren’t a lot of people there, but still, I dragged Blake to the privacy of a weeping willow tree and we ducked into the leaves.

As soon as we were under its cloak, Blake grabbed me in his arms and brought me closer to him, sliding his hands up and taking my face in his hands.

“I love you, so much.” He whispered to me.

Tears sprang in my eyes.

“I love you, too.” I whispered up at him.

He smiled widely, and his eyes shined with tears.

He kissed me sweetly, and then wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close and digging his face into my neck.

“I’m never going to let you go.”

“Don’t.” I whispered back to him.

At first, I was mildly shocked by all of this coming on, but then I realized. What if it was me in that hospital bed? That’s what he must have realized too, how short life can be sometimes.

And the importance of grasping onto the things you love, and never, ever, letting go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another up soon! Can I please get some comments?

<3<3<3<3