Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

Elderly Resemblance.

"Welcome to Old Country Buffet," The girl at the counter said with a smirk, running her tongue over her thin lips as she eyed the guys, "How many?"

Eadon had replied as he looked her up and down and then looked away as if he were uninterested, "Five," He told her as he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket.

"I can pay for myself, you know." I told him as he reached to hand the girl money.

Eadon chuckled, "Shut up, Indy."

I scoffed and reached to grab the money out of the blonde girls fingers. She glared slightly and I smiled as I took away the amount Eadon had given for me. I handed the blonde back the money, minus $5.00. I shoved that money into Eadon's back-pocket as he smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. I pulled a few bucks out of my front pocket and tossed it on to the counter. Reid, Trenton, and Kalib chuckled at my antics before rushing off towards the food.

Eadon just shook his head at me and laced his fingers with mine. I smiled at him letting him know that I was just goofing around. Eadon tugged me over to the rows of food and handed me a warmed plate.

"Yum," I murmured as I glanced out over the vast choices in the busy restaurant.

Eadon smiled at me and I tried to hide my smile from him as I looked up, seeing as he was at least four or five inches taller than me. We stood in the middle of the restaurant yet it was like we were in our own special place as he leaned down and pushed his lips against mine softly, ignoring me as I pushed him away. He pulled away and his breath mingled with mine. His fingers ran across my cheek calmly as one of mine rested on his hip. I closed my eyes and gave in as his lips touched mine again, just barely. I could feel his breath flow over my lips and cheeks as he pulled away once more and ran his thumb over my bottom lip. My eyes opened slowly and met his. No words were said as his hand slipped into mine again and he let me lead him over to the taco section.

The five of us were sitting at our table and scarfing down our food with such intensity that others in the restaurant would think we hadn't eaten in months. Eadon sat next to me quietly, just offering chuckles and smiles every so often. He would glance and me and then look away when I caught his gaze. Then he would smile and I would smile and we'd continue eating our lunch.

There was an elderly couple sitting a couple tables away from us who would smile at me when ever I glanced around the room. I would just smile back and look down at my plate in front of me. Eadon would glance at me then and then look to see what was making me look away. I would just smile at him and silently let him know it was okay. He would nod softly and squeeze my hand.

"Come with me," Eadon pleaded as he stood up.

I chuckled, "You're a big boy. I think you can get your own food." I joked but I stood anyways, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from doing anything he asked.

Eadon's glare softened as I followed him over to the ice cream machine in the corner of the room. There was a row of sprinkles and different types of candies to put on your ice cream cone.

"Make me one!" I demanded as I released his hand and pointed to the machine.

Eadon chuckled and complied, "What kind?" He questioned, motioning to the the three levers.

I pretended to think it over. "Mixed," I told him with a childish grin as I reached and grabbed a couple gummy bears from the big tin bowls they were in.

After a minute Eadon handed me my ice cream cone and I took it with a mischievous look in my eyes. I dipped my finger into the ice cream and then licked it off of my finger, knowing that Eadon was watching. He groaned softly as I dipped my finger in once more and held it out to him, playfully. He gave me a look and then leaned in. At the last second I swiped my finger across his cheek.

He gasped and then came after me. His arms wrapped around my waist as I held my ice cream above my head so it wouldn't smash into my shirt. I screeched as Eadon reached up to grab my cone and put some ice cream on my face.

"Eadon!" I shouted as he wiped a giant glob onto my right cheek. Eadon pulled me tighter against him as I struggled to get free of his grasp. We were laughing loudly and causing a lot of attention to come our way. I noticed that same couple walking towards us and I shoved Eadon away. He came back over and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind gently, offering me a bite of the disfigured ice cream cone. I bit into it as the elderly couple started to make their own.

"Come on," I said to Eadon as I tugged him away.

But a gruff voice stopped me, "Oh don't mind us," the man said in a worn voice, "We were just like you two a long time ago."

I awed in my mind and then smiled at the couple, "Really?" I asked politely as Eadon offered me another bite, his left arm wrapping tighter around my waist in a protective manner.

The woman spoke now while tucking her grey hair, that once seemed to be a color similar to my own, behind her ears, "Young and in love? We sure were. Just about you two's age when we got married, maybe a little older." The woman looked at her husband as if they were still new to love. She watched him for a moment as he made a cone. I could see the love in her eyes and I couldn't imagine it shining any brighter than it was at that very moment.

I looked to Eadon, wondering if he was just as amazed as me, before turning to pay more attention to the couple. I asked softly, "How long have you been married?"

"Just over 30 years," The man spoke as he handed his wife a mixed ice cream cone much like that one Eadon and I were devouring.

"That's so amazing," I sighed as I relaxed against Eadon's chest, feeling him nestle his nose against my hair.

The two of them nodded and then turned as if they were leaving. "We have to go now," The woman murmured, "It's our youngest grandson's fifth birthday."

I smiled as they began to walk away, stealing a few more glances at us as they did. I watched until I could no longer see them anymore and then I sighed and let my smile grow wider on my face.

"I want to be like that someday," I told Eadon as I pulled away and slipped my fingers into his and led him back to the table, "I want kids and grandkids."

Eadon seemed to stiffen in my embrace and I shot him a worried look. He just shrugged and leaned in to press his lips against the side of my head. "You will."

The guys and I spent a little bit longer at Old Country Buffet before we got politely 'asked to leave' because of a small food fight Reid and Trenton started between the two of them. Kalib and Eadon exchanged looks the whole rest of the time we were there and when ever I caught them doing it they would both just shrug and look away. Eadon would kiss me afterwards as if he was reassuring me that nothing was wrong but I still had my doubts. The look in Eadon's eyes had me squeezing his hand every so often.

As we were leaving Eadon got a text on his cell phone and after a minute he stopped me before I got into his car. He pushed his hair from his eyes and leaned in to push his lips against mine. "I've got to go home," He sighed sadly, "I've got to take care of some things apparently. Is it cool if I drop you off at your place?"

I tried to hide my disappointment seeing as it was barely 1:30 in the afternoon but I nodded nonetheless, "Yeah," I told him with a smile, "If you've got things to do, you've got things to do."

Eadon smiled at me, "I'd invite you over but the place is a mess and I doubt I'll be able to leave again."

I didn't really know what he meant but I assumed it was his parents. He climbed into the car and I followed suit. The guys had all gotten in Kalib's car after Eadon told them he had to take me home.

"Where do you live?"

I told him my address and directions on how to get there the best I could. When we did pull up in front of the house Eadon asked my my cell phone number and told me he'd text. He leaned in and kissed me in a rough manner. I tangled my fingers in his hair and kissed him back the same way. We both pulled away a minute later, gasping for air.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Eadon told me as I unhooked my seat belt.

I nodded, "Bye Eadon."

"Bye Indy," He murmured as I got out of the car. I stood in the driveway and watched as he pulled out in his cherry red mustang. I stayed there until I couldn't see him anymore and then I turned to head into the house, watching as two little faces disappeared from sight. I chuckled and went inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been awhile. :)
But I hope you all enjoy this one.
We're finally starting to get into the depth of the story.

Read. Subscribe. Enjoy. :D