Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

I am Stress.

I groaned when I got into Eadon's car. I slammed the door shut behind me and threw my head back against the leather seat. Eadon watched me as I let out an angry sigh smacked my head against the leather once again.

This time Eadon laughed and reached out to run his fingers over my cheek in attempt to catch my attention. I sighed and looked over at him, letting my head roll on my shoulders.

"Where are you brothers?" He questioned as he cupped my cheek.

"The evil step-mom wouldn't let them out of the house."

Eadon rolled his forest colored eyes and leaned in to press his lips against mine softly as we sat in his mustang outside my Dad's house. I sighed and kissed him back with more force than he was exerting. He chuckled and pulled away from me.

"You know," He murmured before pushing his lips against mine, "We could always hang out here with your brothers. I mean, if your step-mom isn't going to kill me."

This time it was I who laughed, but I stopped half way and looked at him with a serious expression on my face. "It's a possibility. I'm willing to risk it if you are."

Eadon looked at me with a dead expression and I started laughing, causing him to push away from me and sit back in the drivers seat with a pout on his lips. I looked over him slowly. He wore faded gray jeans that were narrow at the bottom and ripped at the knees. He wore a sleeveless tank-top that was gray as well and had white writing on it that said, "Let them eat cake." I smiled at that and then pulled the red "New York Yankee" cap off of his head.

Eadon growled and reached for his hat, but I screeched and pushed the car door open. I raced out of the car, leaving the door wide open as I ran. I put Eadon's hat on my head as I ran through the grass towards the front door on my house. Eadon had to stop to shut both doors and lock the car while I ran.

I could feel him catching up to me. His tennis shoes being way faster then my own slip-ons. I laughed loudly as Eadon tackled me to the ground, falling so that I'd land on him instead of he on me. I couldn't help but continue to laugh as we landed in the grass, Eadon flipping us over so that he was straddling me and tickling my sides.

"Eadon!" I screeched, "Get off of me!"

Eadon shook his head and continued to tickle my sides, making me wiggle beneath him. I struggled to get him off of me, but after a minute I wiggled my way out from under him and we both laid in the grass, trying to catch our breath as the sun shinned down on us and Eadon yanked his hat back from me quickly, causing me to chuckle.

Eadon smiled at me and scooted over so that my head was resting on his shoulder. We laid there for a moment, silently, staring up at the clouds. After about five minutes I turned to look at Eadon,

"We should probably get up now," I murmured as I turned onto my stomach and rested my head on Eadon's. One hand was under my head while I played with the sides of his shirt.

Eadon shrugged. One arm was behind his head while he reached down with his left hand to play with my hair. "We could," He said like it was an option, "Or we could lay here and make out until your dad comes home and shoots me."

I tried not to laugh. I just shook my head and looked up at him, into his green eyes. He was looking back down at me with a small smile on his lips. I studied the features on his face, memorizing everything about him incase I would have to leave or say goodbye in the near future. I loved the way his lips curved and his eyes squinted against the rays of the sun. I loved the way his tongue would lick over his lips when he was thinking about something and the way that when he was skating, he'd get lost in the ramps and his board.

Eadon played with my hair, letting the strands mingle with the green blades of grass. I closed my eyes and let the summer heat warm me from the outside in.

"I haven't seen you smoke in a couple days," Eadon murmured softly.

I shrugged, instantly more aware of the pack in my back pocket. "I'm running short," I murmured as I nuzzled his chest with my face, becoming tired thanks to the sun and the heat.

"Oh," Eadon replied, unable to find an answer and not sure if he should apologize.

"Yeah," I told him, "I'm thinking about quitting, it's not good for the twins, you know? I don't need them breathing like old people in 10 years."

Eadon chuckled and I felt the vibration of his chest from underneath me. I placed kisses into his shirt as he ran his fingertips over my red cheeks. I sighed, content for the moment. I felt Eadon scoot down, so that our faces were barely touching and our breath with mingling every time we exhaled. Eadon leaned down and captured my lips softly, pushing against them without any force at all.

Eadon's scent enveloped me, making me smile into our kiss. His hands came to my face and held me to him, reluctant to let me go, even for the most important reasons, like oxygen. When we pulled away slightly, our noses still touching but our lips far apart enough to allow air through, I could feel Eadon's chest raising and lowering with every breath.

This time I leaned in and pushed my lips against his. My hand was on his chest, holding me up just slighting and keeping our chests from being flush together. This time Eadon's tongue reached out and just barely touched my bottom lip. It was so faint that I barely felt it. I parted my lips just barely and Eadon's tongue came slowly into my mouth. I pulled away after a moment, hearing my front door creak open.

I sighed and let my head fall to Eadon's chest, miserably as I hear Karli yelling from not but 15 feet away.

"Get out of the yard! What will people think about the way your father has raised you?!"

I rolled me eyes and sat up. Once I was standing I reached my hand down to Eadon. He took it and I pulled him up from the ground. He grabbed onto his red hat and put it on my head as we stood. I tangled my fingers with his yet I wasn't happy that Karli had the nerve to yell at us.

"Relax," I growled as I walked past her, pulling Eadon along with me as I hurried into the house. I stopped in front of Karli and spoke, "First, the neighbors wouldn't even have noticed if you weren't screaming. Second, my father didn't raise me." Eadon followed me through the open front door and past the twins who were standing right inside it. Their feet bare of shoes and their jackets long gone. However, they were smiling at Eadon and I as we hurried past and up the stairs.

"I'm sorry," Eadon laughed as I sat down on my bed, releasing a sigh through my lips.

"It's okay," I murmured, still unhappy as I looked up at him to where he stood in front of me. "Karli's just so... different sometimes. I mean, when I first met her she was a put together pediatric doctor. Now I just see her as a bump in my life, causing more problems then I ever wanted."

Eadon shrugged and sat down next to me. He grabbed my hand and held on as we stood there, discussing the only downfall to my new life. "People act different when they're stressed." He shrugged before pushing his lips against my cheek, reassuringly.

"And I'm causing her stress?"

Eadon chuckled but answered anyways, "Of course you are. She's not used to having a teenager around, it'd be hard for any parent to adjust to. Especially seeing as you're not her biological daughter."

I grunted, "I'm not her daughter. Period."

Eadon laughed and nodded his head, agreeing silently to that statement. I sighed and pulled my cigarettes from my back pocket, realizing that I was finally stressed enough to need another one. Eadon handed me the lighter that was on my end table. I thanked him with a kiss and then lit the Marlboro, thankful for the relief that the nicotine gave me.

"We should hang out with the twins in a little bit," I murmured as I exhaled.

Eadon agreed and stood up to look around my room.

"It's nothing fancy. But the boys' room is the one to party in. You should see the thing! They've got a bunk-bed and everything!" I joked as I took another drag of the cigarette and put it out on the ashtray by my bed.

"Is that so?" Eadon played along.

"Yeah! And so many toys! I can barely count them all!" I laughed as tossed myself backwards onto my pillows.

Eadon smiled at me and pushed his hair out of his face. "In that case," he said, "We should go hang out with them right now."

I jumped up off of my blue blanket and took his hand. "Lets go!" I called as I led him into the hallway. I shouted for the twins as I walked into their room. They came racing up the stairs and grinned when they noticed Eadon and I.

I shrugged and looked at Wyler and Maddox. "We're here to play."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hope this one is longer!

Go check out the character pages! Pretty much every character you guys have met so much is there. Well, except Karli because she's not too important right now. She will never really be a main character, just a supporting roll so why put her up there right now?

But go look!

Oh! And please comment!