Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

"Alone"

The twins, Eadon, and I "played" with remote control cars in the hallway. We raced them as fast as they could go and quite a few times they had zoomed down the stairs and landed with a thud in front of the front door. I was surprised that Karli hadn't said anything about it, seeing as the plastic cars were hitting the ground pretty hard.

Around two in the afternoon, I could see that the twins needed to tap their naps, seeing as the three of us had gotten up pretty early. The boys whined loudly when I told them and they refused to walk themselves into their own beds.

So Eadon grinned and told them, "If I have to carry you guys you aren't going to like it."

I laughed at the playful threat and when the twins' blue eyes grew wide. Wyler stood up quickly and glared at Maddox when the older twin just continued to sit on the ground, facing the hallway.

"Maddy," Wyler growled, "Get up!"

Maddox rolled his eyes and looked up at his younger brother, "Eadon is too nice. He's not going to hurt you. Sit down." Maddox reached out and grasped his brother's wrist. He pulled Wyler down on the ground, clumsily. Wyler sat next to him and crossed his legs.

I looked to Eadon with a smirk on my lips and Eadon nodded before the two of us rushed forward and grabbed onto the twins. I took Wyler up into my arms while Eadon picked up Maddox. Both of the twins were screaming and flailing around as we carried them into their bedroom. Eadon kicked the door shut behind him as he followed me in.

I put Wyler down on the floor and told him that he could either use the ladder to get to the top or I'd have Eadon throw him up there. He quickly scrambled to the top and smiled at Eadon and I innocently as he climbed under his orange fluff blanket.

I nodded back to him with a smile as Eadon literally tossed Maddox into his bed. The dark haired little boy giggled as he landed on his red blankets that were surprising void of any toys.

"Can you do that again?" Maddox asked with an excited look on his face. I sighed in defeat which made Eadon tell him 'no.' I told the boys to get under their blankets and lay their heads on their mitch-matched pillows.

The twins groaned, but listened anyways. I followed Eadon towards the door. I stopped to flick the lights off and tell the boys that we would hang out whenever they woke up. They called "goodnight" and buried their identical faces in their pillows. I murmured it back and turned to shut the door. Eadon smiled at me from where he stood in the hallway. I took his hand in mine and pulled him into my room. I shut the door behind us and lazily pulled Eadon over to my bed.

Eadon and I laid on my bed, watching a movie on my laptop as the boys napped. I laid in Eadon's arms, one over my shoulder and the over wrapped over my waist, also holding on to the edge of the computer as it rested in my lap.

Eadon's phone started to vibrate in his front pocket as we laid on my blue comforter. He sighed and shifted so that he would be able to pull it out. He flipped the thing open and put it to his ear, talking softly.

"Yeah Brook?" he answered, grogginess in his voice. "Well is he okay?"

Eadon kissed my cheek and got up off of my bed. He excused himself and exited my room. I watched as he walked out, leaving the door open he disappeared down the stairs. I didn't bother to pause the movie as I followed him out of my room. I turned to the left, however; and went to check on the twins. They were both sleeping soundly, their hair the only visible part of their bodies. I smiled softly as I leaned against the wall. I watched my little brothers as they shifted and breathed softly, their chests moving with the air.

I didn't know how long I had been standing there, watching them sleep. But the next thing I knew, Eadon's thin arms were slithering around my waist, warming me.

"What are you thinking about?" He questioned quietly, his breath warm on my neck.

I shrugged against him, "I just never thought I'd have brothers."

I felt Eadon nod. "You've never had any siblings before?"

I froze slightly and then shook my head, "No. I mean," I looked at Eadon, trying to detangle my thoughts, "My Mom had another daughter but she died before I was born," I told him, my voice taking a "sort of" sad tone, remembering the sister I almost had.

"I'm sorry," Eadon murmured as we wandered back into my room, ignoring the movie completely.

I shook my head and put a smile on my face. "It's fine," I told him, "I didn't know her and she had been sick since she was born. My Mom once told me that she'd rather Dakota died than lived in pain any longer. So I guess it was a relief."

Eadon nodded solemnly and kissed my cheek. He smiled at me. "What's your Mom like?"

I groaned, not wanting to talk about her. I really didn't want to bring down our already sad mood. I wanted to lighten the air so I shook my head at him and leaned up to press my lips against his.

Eadon went along with it but after a moment he stopped. "You can't distract me like that every time you don't want to talk about something," He chuckled, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ears.

"I disagree," I joked as I leaned in to kiss him again. "It seems to be working pretty well right now."

Eadon grunted. "That's because I'm a man."

I laughed loudly and shoved him away from me. He rolled back and rested on his elbows with his legs still wrapped around me. His hair was falling in his eyes and his chest was moving with his breathing. I grinned at him as he watched me like I was watching him. He lifted his hand and motioned for me to come closer to him. But I smirked and just barely shook my head. Eadon rolled his forest colored eyes and heaved himself forward. I grabbed onto his shirt and pulled his lips to mine.

I hummed against his lips. He smiled against mine. I tried to pull away from him, but his grasp on me tightened. It wasn't a demanding way, just a playful notion that urged me to continue.

"You shouldn't stop," he whined, drawling out the words in a cute way.

"I don't want to," I replied, leaning in again.

"Good."

We laid on my bed, my head on his chest as we watched the remainder of the movie. He stole kisses now and then, his lip ring catching me off guard every time. After the movie I just curled up in his arms, content with how safe I felt. I laid with my head on his shoulder and his chin on my head. We laid in my room, the sun streaming in. Occasionally we would talk about random things, little things like our favorite things but mostly we would just sit, content with the fact that for the first time, neither of us felt alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. :)

I had gone back and edited somethings. Like what Eadon's tattoo (on his chest) says. You can go back to chapter 7 to find out, hopefully it adds a little more foreshadowing to the story. :)

I'll be updating again soon. I hope you liked this.

Please comment!
Love you guys, thanks. :D