Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

Twins.

It seemed like it took an eternity for my father to show up. But when he did he was riding in the familiar red Kia that I remembered from my early childhood years. The one he used to take me to school in every morning. When he pulled in to the station I waved slightly and wandered through the rain lazily. I tossed my things into the backseat and opened the passengers door, watching as the now rusted paint chipped off and fluttered down to the ground. I was reluctant to get in the car seeing it would seem that I was coming here on my own free will, which I wasn't. However my fathers voice brougt me from my thoughts. 

"Come on, Indiana, it's pouring and cold, get in the car." He said with a tiredness that was foreign to me. 

I nodded to myself and climbed in. It was slightly awkward when my father let a gentle smile take over his features. He kept glancing at me through out the whole ride back to his house. It seemed that he was going to say something but when he opened his mouth to the let the words flow out they just got stuck so he'd close his mouth and offer me yet another smile.

We drove through a little downtown area. There were little shops with faded shutters over the windows. There was a Walmart with an empty parking lot and a huge building that looked much like a church but held a sign over head that read, 'Summit Theatre'. 
I watched out the window as the businesses drifted by and homey houses popped up all over the place. We drove past a park after we passed a iron gate that seemed to be enclosing the population of houses. 

"I think you will like it here," My father, Nathaniel, told me as we pulled into a driveway. The neighborhood was surrounded by similar houses that were all painted different colors and shades. The grass was a faded brown in every yard and there were no gloriously happy families playing outside together. In fact the town seemed to be deserted. 
I followed my dad out of the car, he grabbed my bag from the back, and led me through the rain and up to the front door of a two story house with faded yellow paint and grey shutters that seemed like they were one a proud shade of white. 

"Do you live here alone?" I questioned as he pushed the front door open. 

"Not exactly," He said just as two children came running down the stairs that were positioned to the left of the door. 

My Dad scooped them up into his arms and turned to face me with a nervous look "Indiana, these are your brothers," He said. My jaw fell quickly as I took in the two dark haired boys who were offering me identical smiles. 

"Brothers?" I stuttered looking between them and my dad. 

"Twins," He confirmed, "They're five. This is Wyler and this is Maddox."

I stared at them, not caring if I seemed rude. They had to be fraternal twins yet you could still tell that they were twins. One, Maddox, had shaggy hair that covered his ears and a heart-shaped face while Wyler had prominent cheek bones and a slightly darker shade of black hair. Their eyes seemed to be blue, something that I would forever be jealous of seeing as I had gotten my mom's hazel ones. When I glanced between my dad and the twins I knew automatically that they were his, they looked just like him.
 
"Indiana, are you okay Sweetheart?" 

I glanced up to my Dad "Yeah, " I told him calmly, trying my best not to curse the world. "But can I go to my room now?"

My Dad smiled and grinned down at his boys, "Why don't you boys go show your sister to her new room!"

Wyler and Maddox shuffled out of Dad's arms and landed on their feet on the floor. Maddox grabbed a fist full of my hoodie and Wyler attempted to grab my huge duffel bag. 

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I got that, kid."

"Okay," He said with a smile and grabbed onto my other sleeve. They each yanked on me until I began to follow them willingly. The wall by the stairs was covered in pictures. There were ones of Wyler and Maddox every where, and every couple of pictures I'd see them and my Dad with a woman. She had dark blonde hair and blue eyes as well. Her hair came down to her shoulders and seemed to have a million layers. In the photos she always had a smile on her face, a perfect smile with straight, white teeth. She too, had a heart-shaped face like her son.

"This used to be my room," Said Wyler as we came to a white door, the first in the hallway.

"Oh," I murmured, not realizing that someone would have to forfeit something when I moved in. Especially something as big as a room, "Sorry," I added onto the end, knowing I would be mad if I had to give up my space for a person I'd never met before.

Wyler grinned up at me though and pushed his dark locks away from his eyes, "It's okay! Daddy got me and Maddy a bunk bed!"

The excitement in his voice made me smile and remember the days when I longed for a young sibling. Maddox grinned at me too and reached up to open the door. The room wasn't anything amazing so to say. There were baby blue walls that once used to be for an actual baby. There was a large window that over looked the back yard and a houses on other streets. I could see the playground in the yard and the toys that were scattered around. In my room there was a small closet, a white framed bed, and a white dressed that matched. I sighed.

"Do you like it?" Maddox questioned, jumping on the balls of his feet.

I nodded, "Yeah. It's nice."

The boys grinned even wider, "I've never had a sister before!" Maddox told me as his brother shouted, "Me neither!"

"Well I've never had a brother before." I replied, letting my bag fall to the ground with a thump.

Wyler shrugged, "It's easy."

I nodded, "I hope so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter. :D
I hope you liked it.