Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

Emails & Summer boredom.

Monday came too quickly for my liking and when my Dad tried to wake me up, asking if I wanted to come to the skate shop, I wouldn't even grunt to acknowledge him. So he took the twins and they left for the shop around 11 AM. The boys being gone, as well as Karli finally going back to work, left me some time to actually catch up on my sleep.

I woke around 12:30, with the sun making the whiteness of my blinds shine brighter. I rolled out of bed and once my feet touched the ground I was on my way to the bathroom to relieve myself and possibly go back to sleep. However, I didn't feel tired anymore so I wandered down to the kitchen and went to the fridge. I made myself a bowl of Trix cereal. I sat at the breakfast bar as I devoured it, in a daze that could only be brought on by sleepiness.

When I was done I tossed my bowl in the sink, leaving it for someone else to wash, and went back up stairs. I didn't have an ambition, especially for a Monday afternoon, so I just went back to my room and grabbed a hold of my laptop. I spent a couple hours on the internet, doing nothing important and when the thoughts of email finally came to my head, I noticed an email from my grandparents and another from the Health and Wellness Institute of Wisconsin State. I opened the second one automatically, noticing that it was also forwarded to my grandparent's email as well. I scrolled down until I could get to the news.

Dear family of Lucile Peyton-Greene (Resident number 84),
I am sorry to inform you that Lucile has attempted suicide once more. We had decided to lower her medication to see if it was affecting her correctly. Dr. Andrew Grenwick PhD believe that this attempt was in result to her reduction in medicine so we will be returning it to normal soon and possibly adding another dosage to her regimen.

I have also noticed that in recent months Lucile's daughter, Indiana Peyton, has stopped visiting altogether. This, Dr. Grenwick and I believe, may be causing more stress for Lucile. She has been acting very hostile in the latest months and we are worried that being withdrawn from Indiana so suddenly will cause her to try and take her own life more frequently. I was hoping that we could schedule a visit with Indiana very soon.

Please return this email as soon as possible. Thank you.
- Daniel Aberly, Lead Caretaker.


I sighed at the message and closed it without replying. I didn't want to see my mother anymore. Visiting her there only caused me stress and more pain then needed. Not having to visit was the only thing I looked forward to when I found out I'd be moving out here.

I closed my laptop with my thoughts running rampant in my head. I set the white Mac onto the floor and laid back on my bed, letting my eyes shut tightly. When I opened them five minutes later I looked to my phone and noticed the blinking light, signaling a missed alert. I smiled, knowing that it'd be from Eadon from last night.

I sent a knew one, telling him that I'd just woken up and wanted to hang out.

I can't today... sorry. His read back, causing me to frown and reply unhappily.

boooo. Alright. Dx Well, whatcha up to?

The next text said, with Kalib, doing some shit for his parents.
Another from Eadon came in right after that, causing me to frown once again but not send a reply. I'll talk to you later okay? I'm super busy, need to focus. Love you.

I spent the next few hours not really doing anything. When my Dad brought the twins home I was actually thankful to have someone to hang out with. The twins raced into the garage to put their boards, and Dad's, away. I plopped down on the couch next to Dad, noticing as he noticed that I was still in my pajamas.

"How was your day, Indy?" he asked as he slipped his arm around my shoulder and flipped on the t.v with the other hand.

I shrugged, "Lets just say that tomorrow I'll go with you to the skate park."

Dad chuckled and hugged me to him, glad that we were no longer feuding. I smiled up at Dad and then turned my attention to the television as it played reruns of the Dew Tour from last January.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was kind of "blah" but I know that it's leading up to something big and then something even bigger. :D

So.. thank you guys for the comments. I'm not sure if I got four or just three but I think I got all four! So yay!
I'm going to ask for just three more. That's it. Just so I know that you guys are interested the way I am. (Or should be, now I'm more excited about writing the sequel!)

So three comments and I'll update. This will give me a chance to do all 50 math problems that my teacher assigned today. Dx

Love you guys! Thanks! <3