Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

Run In At The Mall.

I was awake to watch the sun come up the next morning. It had been quarter to six when I went to my room last night and even though it was early I laid in my bed smoked a few cigarette's, begging for sleep to take me. However sleep didn't come easily. I laid awake for hours until I passed out around nine PM.

When the sun rose and shone through my window the next morning I watched it silently, thinking about the fact that the sun meant morning and morning meant my first full day in this life.
I fell back asleep soon after that, my mind heavy with nervousness and sleep. I didn't sleep peacefully seeing as dreams visited me often before I was woken up by Karli gently.

"Indiana, honey," Karli cooed as I rolled over onto my back and glanced up at her, squinting through the sun.

"Yeah?" I replied, rubbing my eyes and trying to make them adjust to the brightness.

Karli smiled at and spoke, "It's 11 in the morning, Sweetheart. It's time to get up,"

I groaned and rolled back over. I buried my face into my pillow and pulled my blankets up over my head, ignoring the world.

"Indiana," Karli called again while reaching down to pull my blanket off of me.

"Go away," I groaned and put my pillow over my head.

I heard Karli sigh and walk out of my room, leaving my door wide open. I tried to go back to sleep but the twins were making a lot of noise in their room, the one next to mine.

"Shut up!" I said loudly, my voice groggy and scratchy. I sighed as the noise continued and the boys shouted while running up and down the hallway. I groaned once more and sat up just as my Dad walked in through my open door.

"Morning, Indy," He greeted with a knowing smile, "Rough morning?"

I glared at him but didn't bother with a reply.

"It's time to get out of bed. Karli took the day off so that we can take you and the boys to the mall."

I shook my head, "What time are we going?" I questioned, running my fingers through through my messy hair, knowing that I'd need a shower.

"You have a little over an hour to get ready. There are towels in the closet in the bathroom if you want to shower." He smiled before turning to go, "Oh, and I'll take the boys downstairs so you can have a minute of silence."

"Thanks Dad," I called as he wandered out of the room and called for the boys to go with him.

I went to my closet and attempted to pick out a cute outfit that I could wear into town. I knew where everything was because of the fact that I had just put it away so I grabbed a black and grey striped tank top and my favorite pair of ripped jean shorts.
The bath room walls were the color of sand on a beach and the sink was marble. I showered quickly, washing my dark hair twice before I hopped out and put my clothing on. I crossed the hall and went into my bed room. I finished getting ready as quickly as possible seeing as my Dad was shouting that I had 20 minutes to be down stairs and ready to go.

I grabbed my favorite light weight hoodie off of my bed and hurried down the stairs. The twins were sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob when I emerged.

"You look pretty, Indy!" Wyler yelled as I hopped down the last step.

"Thank you, Wyler." I murmured as I wandered over to the two of them. I noticed that Dad and Karli were standing in the kitchen having a fast-paced conversation. I didn't want to intervene so I just plopped down onto the couch with the boys.

"What are Dad and your Mom talking about?" I questioned, wondering if I could get any information out of their innocence.

"I dunno," Maddox murmured, engrossed in the talking sponge on the t.v.

"Me neither," Wyler muttered happily, giggling half way through his words. Maddox let out an identical giggle and the two threw themselves against the back of the leather couch, laughing at something that happened on T.V.

"You ready to go, Indiana?" My Dad questioned as he wandered into the living room with a smile on his face, his wife, Karli following.

"Yup," I said flatly, looking up at him from where I sat.

"We're ready too!" Maddox shouted, hopping up from his spot on the couch.

"Mhm!" Wyler agreed.

I smiled when I noticed that Dad and Karli weren't the type of parents to dress the twins in matching outfits. Wyler was wearing a dark red short sleeve shirt that faded to black and had a black dragon on the front. He was wearing grey sweatpants and red shoes that would match his t'shirt. Maddox was wearing a orange and blue plaid shirt with a long sleeved burnt orange shirt underneath. He was wearing dark blue shorts and dark slip on shoes. My Dad grinned at his sons and grabbed both of their hands.
"Lets go then," He cheered and began to walk to the front door. He stopped and told the twins to grab sweatshirts. They whined about it being summer outside and not wanting to be hot. But they ended up pulling jackets on anyways as Dad pulled them out of the door. Karli smiled after him as I pulled my own skeleton hoodie and called for me to go with her.

The ride to the mall took longer that I had initially thought so I was glad that I had my IPod. Although when I first pulled it out I had to let the boys see it for a moment, as per request of my father. When we got into Newark I was shocked at the size of the mall.
When we got into the mall Karli wanted to go to a few stores and automatically they twins started to complain.

"Mommy," They whined together, dragging out the word, "We want to go to the play place!"

"We will later, babies." She reassured, "But Mommy wants to shop,"

The boys started to whine constantly, driving me crazy. They screeched as Dad and Karli each dragged one of them towards Aeropostale.

"I don't want to go in there! I don't want to go in there! I don't want to go in there!" Wyler started shouted and Maddox copied. I groaned and rested against the wall outside of the store, not wanting to go in there either.

"I want to stay out here with my sissy!" Wyler shouted as Dad began to drag him into the preppy store.

My Dad sighed and Karli stopped as well. Dad looked at me with a pleading look as he asked, "Is it okay if Wyler stays out here with you?"

"Me too!" Maddox piped up.

I shrugged, "I guess so."

Maddox and Wyler cheered and Karli and Dad brought them over to me. "Make sure you hold their hands," Dad warned but didn't give me a reason why before he and Karli walked into the store, leaving me standing outside the door with my hands connected to two little boys'.

"Will you take us to the play place, Indy?" Wyler asked innocently, looking straight up at me. I shook my head knowing that Karli would be mad if I walked off with her sons.

"Why not?" Maddox inquired, tugging on my hand.

I sighed, "Because your mom said no, okay?"

The twins huffed and took a step back identically so that they could lean against the wall. I stood there holding their hands and waiting for Karli to emerge from the large amount of people that were continuous walking into Aeropostale.

After another minute Wyler started to act up again, "I want to go play!" He shouted unhappily, tugging on my hand roughly.

"Wyler stop it!" I demanded, yanking him back to me. I tightened my grip on Maddox's hand before he could start to act up, but as I did so Wyler ripped his hand away harshly and then, after he got over the shock of getting away, took off.

"Shit!" I shouted, ignoring the looks from those around Maddox and I. I gripped onto Maddox's hand and began to run after Wyler.

While running I looked to Maddox who was keeping up with me better than I thought he would be able to. I asked, "Where's the play place?"

He pointed to an opening in the mall hall ways. I nodded and we hurried after his brother who I couldn't see anymore. When I looked up from Maddox I collided with someone and murmured another curse.

A deep chuckle made me look up. "Is that anyway to talk in front of a little kid?" A guy around my age questioned with a laugh.

I looked at him with a glare and noticed that he wasn't alone. He was surrounded by two other boys who dressed in nice clothing and had short hair. The boy who spoke had dark hair that was a dark auburn brown color, it hung on front of his eyes. They were green and stood out in a way I'd never seen before. He wore a red long sleeved shirt, black and red threaded jeans that were incredibly tight and even a black pair of slip on Vans. There was a smirk on his thin lips and he had his hands stuck in his pockets in a cocky way.

I rolled my eyes at his words, "That's none of your concern now is it?" I questioned as I tried to side step past him.

"Woah there," He called, "Wait up."

"Can't," I called over my shoulder, "I'm busy." I glanced around the place in attempt to spot Wyler, but I had no such luck.

"Well what are you looking for? Maybe we could help?" He said in attempt to keep my attention as I walked away.

For a moment I thought that even if they were going to help me find Wyly they wouldn't know what he'd look like... Then I remembered that I had his twin brother with me and I smirked and turned to face the three boys.

"I'm looking for a little boy who ran off. Think you can help me?" I said in a way that had the boy in red smirking right back at me.

He shrugged, "What's he look like?"

I copied him and shrugged again, "This is his twin brother. I think you can piece together the rest." I told him while motioning to Maddox who took a step closer to me shyly.

The guy nodded, "I think we can help."

I titled my head to the side, "Good, lets go."

The guy and his friends followed me through the mall and over to the rubber play area in the middle of the mall. It was a series of random things made of of rubber. Like a big car, a maze, and several other things that little kids would be able to slip around on in their socks. I couldn't see him anywhere seeing as there were tunnels and things you could go in. Plenty of places to hide.

"I can't tell if he's in there," I told the group of boys who were hovering beside me.

The boy with the smirk shrugged, "We'll go find him," He laughed as he and his friends slipped their shoes off and took off into the piles and groups of kids. I couldn't help but laugh as they charged into there with smiles on their faces. Maddox and I stood at the waist high gate watching as the boys looked at all the little kids, darted into huge rubber buildings and every so often they would look back at Maddox to remind themselves of who they were looking for.

After about five minutes I heard a little kid start screaming and I automatically knew that Wyler had been found.

"Let go!" He shouted before he started screaming for help as the boy in red held him in his arms and began to carry him over to me. People looked alarmed at the duo as Wyler kept screaming at the top of his lungs, scared.
When they emerged I raced over and Wyler's eyes grew wide and thankful as he squirmed out of the boys arms and raced over to me. He raced over and threw himself against me, his arms going around my waist.

"Sissy that man was trying to kidnap me!" He screamed, pointing at the boy as he and his friends came walking over to me.
Once I again I acknowledged the fact that Wyler was already calling me 'sissy' but I pushed that to the back of my mind as Wyler cowered behind me when the boy who seemed older than me walked up.

"Wyler it's okay. These are my friends," I laughed as Wyler glared at him from behind me. Wyler was silent and kept his arms wrapped around my thin waist as he stood behind me. "Go put your shoes back on," I demanded. He did as he was told and I watched as he sat down on the ground and pulled his little red shoes on.

I turned to the boy, "Thanks," I muttered "But I really have to be going," I said before turning to walk over to Wyler with Maddox's hand still clasped in my left.

"Wait," The guy murmured as he walked after me, "I'm Eadon," He greeted as he scratched the back of his head nervously, messing up his auburn hair.

I chuckled but replied, "I'm Indiana." Wyler stood up and took my hand.

"That's a cool name. But I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime. You're new around here, right? You could use some friends." He said cockily, another smirk playing on his lips.

I shook my head, "I could, could I? Well thanks for the offer, Eadon, but I don't need any friends."

I turned to go with the boys but stopped when I felt Eadon reach out and pull my cell phone out of my back pocket, seeing as it was sticking out like usual. "Give it back," I demanded while turning back to face him.

He rolled his eyes and continued to mess with it, "Here." He said as he handed it back, "Call me if you get the urge to do something other than babysit your brothers."

I shrugged, "Doubtful." This time I actually did walk away, attempting to hide the smile as he called after me.

"You'll call!"

"Don't be so sure." I muttered back as I wandered off towards Aeropostale were I knew that Dad and Karli would be, freaking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothing for Indy, the twins, and Eadon.

I hope you guys liked this one! I didn't want their meeting to be too out there seeing as I want it to be realistic. But I still wanted it to be somewhat unconventional. :D

Comment, Subscribe, Enjoy!