Brave the Storm and Embrace the Rain

Between Us.

"There's somethings we don't talk about in my family," I sighed as Eadon and I laid around in the skate park later that night. There were a few guys still skating around but it seemed that 4:57 in the morning was the breaking point for these dedicated skaters. 

Eadon and I had skated and sat around with his friends. Now the two of us laid together on the top of the bigest ramp. I laid with my head against his chest as he laid on his back with his arms wrapped around my waist. 

"Like what?" he questioned as his fingers played with the tips of my hair.

"My old family," I murmured, already thinking about what used to be.

"Why not?" 

"Because we were screwed up. Don't tell my Dad, but I'm happy here." I whispered against the silent of the skate park.  Eadon shifted underneath me and his arms tightened again my stomach. 

"Why wouldn't you want him to know?" Eadon asked in a confused tone.

I chuckled and shook my head. "You're just full of questions."

Eadon laughed as well, "Only because I know you're not going to tell me the answers," he replied as he sat up. He sat up and leaned against the railing of the ramp. I tried to follow suit but he pulled me in between his legs so that I was resting against his chest again with my head on his shoulder and my face close to his. 

"Who was that woman who came here earlier? She seemed close with your brothers but not with you," he told me in a way that made me think that he had been thinking about it for a while. 

"That was my step-mom Karli," I replied as looked to him, my lips against his jaw.

He leaned down slightly and pushed his lips against mine before talking again. "Do you not like her?"

I shrugged, "She's alright. Not my type of person though."

Eadon laughed, "You have a type of person?" he asked incredulously. 

I stuck my nose in the air and pretended to be snooty. "Of course. I only enjoy the best company."

Eadon rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around my shoulders so that he could pull me tighter against him. I placed a kiss to his jaw and smiled against his skin. He smelt of cologne and sweat. It was a combination that would be unpleasant in any other context. Eadon had a jacket on now and he kept me warm even though the air in the skate park seemed to constantly be on high.

Eadon's friends had made a big fuss when the two us walked off. They had whistled and cat-called loudly as Eadon took my hand and led me away from the three of them. However Eadon hadn't tried except for a couple stolen kisses between us. We sat together at the top of the biggest ramp in the room as guys skated. There were about 20 people who paid for lock in, and out of those only about seven were riding at this very moment. They seemed to avoid the ramp that Eadon and I sat on top of. Well, except for this young boy who would climb up, stare at the ground and then chicken out and climb down. Eadon as I just snickered to ourselves when that happened, knowing that he'd get the guts to try it someday like the both of us had at one point.

"What's going through your mind?" Eadon whispered as he nestled his nose into my hair.

"Just thinking about that kid," I murmured and pointed to the young teenage boy who had short, shaved hair. He was standing at the top of a much smaller ramp and skating down again and again with an unsatisfied look.

Eadon laughed, "Thinking about leaving me for him?" he joked but subconsciously his arms tightened around my shoulders.

I shook my head, "We'd have to be together for that. He is pretty cute though," I added.

Eadon nudged me again and then spoke, "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He whispered against the sounds of skateboards hitting the wooden floor.

"No," I replied quietly.

Eadon chuckled. "Come on, be my girlfriend."

I shook my head but kept my body weight leaned against him.

Eadon pushed against my chin so that I'd turn my gaze towards him. He pressed his lips against mine softly and then pulled back so that our breath was mixing in the air between us. He looked to me with pretty green eyes. He leaned forward slightly so that our lips were touching again. I could feel as his tongue reached out and slid against my bottom lip. I parted my lips gently and turned my body to face him completely. My fingers tightened in his hair as his hands slipped to my hips. His fingers played at the ends of my shirt and tickled as he ran them over my hip bones.

"I'm just going to tell people you are," he stated.

I shrugged. I pulled back after a minute and pushed my hair out of my face. Eadon grinned at me that perfect smile. His lip ring moved as his tongue ran over it.

"You're beautiful," He whispered as his fingers tugged at a loose thread on my jeans.

I shook my head, "You are."

Eadon laughed, "I'm a man!" he said as he pretended to be outraged.

Once again I shook my head. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms slipped around my waist. "You're beautiful on the inside," I recited.

Eadon smiled and leaned in to push his soft lips to mine. He whispered, "Isn't that a crock of shit." after he pulled away.

I laughed loudly and smacked him gently. "You're a loser."

Eadon grinned and nudged me back. "You're my girlfriend."